PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
This has nothing to do with the rom guys.

The rom doesn't just morph into a battery drainer after some time.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.
It's been draining quickly since I flashed 4.6. But I hadn't thought that it was abnormal because I was doing a lot of CPU & radio intensive work. Today, I didn't do that much with it, but it still drained quickly.
I didn't mean to say that it had been efficient and then suddenly wasn't.

I still love it- no plans to switch until the next version is released. I just know that I need to keep it on the charger whenever possible.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My battery is still going strong. A little bit better than the best battery life I've seen (juicy 4.4).
Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I started the topic earlier today in my touch pro thread and i'd like to see if i can get anyone involved on this project in the diamond world

Quote:
Hey guys, I've got an open fun activity for some people to participate in.

I'm looking to get a new MightyROM splash screen for all upcoming releases.

I could always make one myself, although sometimes others have unique ideas that are much better than my own.

So here we go for the photoshopers out there!

New MightyROM Splash Screen Contest

I will require TWO new splash screens.

1. MightyROM Standard Edition
2. MightyROM Business Edition

Criteria:
Simplistic, No MightyMouse Logo, very creative. Something similar to the windows mobile 6.1 startup image. Design factor similar to touchpro 2 & diamond 2 advertisements (font, colorts, etc) Windows mobile 6.5 ideas (the way it looks, etc)

Submit your creations here.

Keep in mind, I am VERY picky It doesn't mean I will pick the splash screen, although I am VERY interested in seeing your creations.

Make me happy

These startup images will be used for the new MightyROM5 Thought i'd mention that

p.s 640x480 rez obviously!
Here is the first submission

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1889
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
It's been draining quickly since I flashed 4.6. But I hadn't thought that it was abnormal because I was doing a lot of CPU & radio intensive work. Today, I didn't do that much with it, but it still drained quickly. I didn't mean to say that it had been efficient and then suddenly wasn't.
Just a thought here, but could it be that with all the flashing and tweaking and using and charging and whatever, the batteries are just beginning to show some wear that would manifest in shorter overall battery life? Especially when you say, "I didn't mean to say that it had been efficient and then suddenly wasn't." This sounds like a normal (albeit accelerated because of what we ROM freaks put our phones through) aging process.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-10-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:35 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Just a thought here, but could it be that with all the flashing and tweaking and using and charging and whatever, the batteries are just beginning to show some wear that would manifest in shorter overall battery life? Especially when you say, "I didn't mean to say that it had been efficient and then suddenly wasn't." This sounds like a normal (albeit accelerated because of what we ROM freaks put our phones through) aging process.
Quite possible. I'm only making an observation based on my experience. There is not any conclusive evidence that it must be because of the ROM.
I can say that the software is all the same (albeit updated versions of S2U2 and others), so it's unlikely that is the cause.
Heck, it could be the change in temperature here in FL. Or maybe my dog finds my phone intriguing and is making calls on her own. Or someone put a virus on the boot sector... I think I need to go to sleep.

I'm not trying to blame or be derogatory in any way. I just wanted to make an observation that I thought might be helpful- at least to some of the others that are experiencing the same thing.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Kessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuff

For anyone experiencing battery drain, look at s2u2. 1.50d had serious drain issues for me. There is a new version out already and I changed my settings for better battery life. See the s2u2 faq.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mrm0er is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mrm0er Send a message via Yahoo to mrm0er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
For anyone experiencing battery drain, look at s2u2. 1.50d had serious drain issues for me. There is a new version out already and I changed my settings for better battery life. See the s2u2 faq.
im not running any background apps
at all and i am also noticing a drain.
but it could be battery wear like someonelse said
Old 03-10-2009, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Kessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuffKessler knows their stuff

Mighty, is there going to be another release or hotfixes? Thinking about doing a hard reset and reinstalling everything but would hate to do that if another release is coming.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Quite possible. I'm only making an observation based on my experience. There is not any conclusive evidence that it must be because of the ROM.
I can say that the software is all the same (albeit updated versions of S2U2 and others), so it's unlikely that is the cause.
Heck, it could be the change in temperature here in FL. Or maybe my dog finds my phone intriguing and is making calls on her own. Or someone put a virus on the boot sector... I think I need to go to sleep.

I'm not trying to blame or be derogatory in any way. I just wanted to make an observation that I thought might be helpful- at least to some of the others that are experiencing the same thing.
LOL...bad dog!! Please understand that my remarks were also not meant to be derogatory towards you or any user for that matter. I think that we (me included) sometimes just get so wrapped up in our custom ROMs and what we can do with them that we lose sight of what we started with (the stock ROM) and what might be "normal" phone behavior.

Bottom line: we have all gotten so spoiled by Mike's outstanding ROMs that we tend to forget that some function that only works at 90 percent of what we think it should probably works 200 percent better than it did in the stock ROM.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-10-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

jrimmer is just getting started

Ok... I have a semi-related question to people out there. Has anyone experienced issues with the FlipIt app (with SDCerts and Manila Landscape apps) and problems connecting to their exchange server?

I know there are fixes posted in this thread but i went through them and it didnt work. I all of a sudden just stop getting emails and cant sync anymore. Nothing I do fixes it other than re-installing the ROM. Fortunately i'm not emotionally attached to any of the Cabs I have.... So if you know please post.

Question #2: is there anyway to get the executables from cabs that are installed in my Internal Storage to show up in the Application list?

Thx in advance.
(I haven't missed any naughty pictures have I?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development