PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancem71 View Post
Pixelpop....you have Vegas. Can we have the ROM?
LOL....I am back home from Vegas, so now I can have BOTH!! So hurry up Mike, give us that release, will ya?

On a serious note, I did find what looks to be a consistent problem. Not sure it's ROM related, but I'll just throw it out here. As some of you may know, I flew to vegas on Monday and returned today. Of course, you have to turn your phone off in flight, so I would go to Communications --> Phone and turn it off. When I landed, I would reverse the process. Now the bug...the phone wouldn't make a call. It would pop up a message to the effect that the number I was dialing was invalid or there weren't enough bars. A soft reset and everything was working again. If you try to replicate this issue, keep in mind that you may have to leave the phone off for at least two hours before this issue pops up.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
LOL....I am back home from Vegas, so now I can have BOTH!! So hurry up Mike, give us that release, will ya?
Its all because of your JuJu that we dont have a rom yet, so stop your complaining
Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
You're gonna like 4.6 it's pretty damn close to perfect just one more little kink to iron out it looks like.

4.6 GPS locks as fast as ever using, google maps, OCN8, and Astro Navigator

Get flipit and sdkcerts and put Tmail.exe in the exclusions list.

if you thought 4.5 was good... just wait for 4.6

Don't count it as win/win until you get the STD tests back post Vegas. haha.

Mighty Rom 4.6 Changelog
SYS OS 20765 Build 20765

New HTC Album w. Social Networks
New Smartphone Tracker
New HTC Calculator
Fixed Camera
Fixed Contact List Now Appears Always On Top While Scrolling
Fixed Google Maps Contact Mapping
Fixed Dialer "Back" Button
6.5 Start Logo

The Preview Review:

First the new sys:
I know it's going to be hard to believe but this sys is even faster and smoother than before. Manila is practicaly on fire.

BEST OF ALL no more SIP freezing and for that one guy whose girlfirend was complaing; there is also no more freezing while playing solitaire.

New Htc Calculator
Great revision, it's a standard calculator in portrait but it's got full trigonometry and exponents functions when you flip it to landscape. Search around xda for some screens

It's actually like having two calculators at once, since the values in both the active spot and the memory values are seperate between the portrait and landscape mode. Only thing to becarful of is don't start calculating in portrait if you're going to need advanced functions later in the process.

Album with social networks
I don't have facebook so I can't test that part. Youtube Upload does work though, great feature. Thumbnails load a little faster but that could be from the new sys.

Google maps with contacts
Nice feature, you can pick an address from anyone on your contact list and have it show it on google maps. Doens't quite work if the address is saved with a company name or with a p.o. box. but other than that it's a very nice feature.

Random Access Contact Scrolling Fix
Works just like it is supposed to now.

New Opera - FAIL!
Tested a new version and it almost played embeded flash videos pretty well, but upon further testing it wound up soft reseting the device when trying to play some flash videos. But if it was included in the rom without flash support I think it would be the fastest most stable opera release there is. Skyfire is 1 000 000 times better for flash videos anyways.

Other Apps tested on 4.6 and working awesome;
- Msn
- FM Radio
- File explorer (with extensions)
- Total Commander
- PHM Regedit
- SPB Screenshot
- SPB Backup
- On Course Navigator
- Astro Navigator (GPS location based star maps)
- Skyfire
- Voice Command
- Voice Recorder
- Pocket Word, Excel, Outlook
- Tmail.exe (messaging)
- Adobe readerLE
- Calendar
- Guitar Tuner
- Core Player
- Internet Explorer
- Music ID
- Pocket Drug Detective
- wmTorrent
- WMWifiRouter
- SIP Change
- Stopwatch Lite
- Youtube
- SDKCerts
- Flip_IT
- FingerKeyb
- QuickGPS

Games:
- Worms World Party (3d accelerator running really fast here)
- Caver
- Diamond Beer2
- Diamond Cubes
- Wham-o Frisbee Golf
- Ginvaders
- Pocket Sand
- Teeter
- Bubble Breaker
- Sensory Overload
- Uno Classic
- Resco Brain games
- Kevtris 2
- SuperBomber 95 (Bomberman)
- Snood PPC

Apps not working 100%
In Call Recording; You can record calls to the main memory only (My Documents\Recording) but the ICR.exe to change the options(wav/amr & internal/main mem) and review your recordings, will not open for some reason.

Pacman is screwed. PRobably cuase it's a 320 240 version.

How's that to get your mouth watering?
O.M.F.G. O.M.F.G. O.M.F.G. O.M.F.G...........I think I am going to have some serious ME TIME right after I flash 4.6
Old 02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I know I am ready for some flashing of the new ROM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Smile Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

My B day is tomorrow. 4.6 would be a great gift!

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
BEST OF ALL no more SIP freezing and for that one guy whose girlfirend was complaing; there is also no more freezing while playing solitaire.
OMG OMG NON-FREEZING SOLITAIRE!!!!! YES!!!! Dammit, is there any way to save your score? I'm up over a grand...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My refresh button seems to be broken, no new rom :P
Old 02-28-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started

my refresh is working just fine.. im starting to think ppcgeeks site is broken because there is still no update... what gives?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

saflang is keeping up the good worksaflang is keeping up the good work

Someone needs to find Mighty, wake him up, give him a couple of stiff drinks, and plead for him to upload 4.6.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxxx View Post
my refresh is working just fine.. im starting to think ppcgeeks site is broken because there is still no update... what gives?

Touch Pro :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development