PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
I just loaded this last night. I'm really impressed. I really wish I could text and email in landscape mode. I don't think that mod is part of this ROM. It would be great if that could be added!
Do you have Gyrator installed? Try playing with that program so it only works with POutlook.

4.6 fixes the texting freezing problem right?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenson32 View Post
I'm getting excited for a 99.9 percent stable ROM like you said....
You're gonna like 4.6 it's pretty damn close to perfect just one more little kink to iron out it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
That isn't a fault of the ROM.. either you are in a bad place or your GPS is broken or something. It takes me generally 10-20 seconds to get a lock.
4.6 GPS locks as fast as ever using, google maps, OCN8, and Astro Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
I just loaded this last night. I'm really impressed. I really wish I could text and email in landscape mode. I don't think that mod is part of this ROM. It would be great if that could be added!
Get flipit and sdkcerts and put Tmail.exe in the exclusions list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
take your time mike thanks for all your hard work and may i say 4.5 is THE BEST ROM i have ever used!!!!!!!! thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
And I am sure it will be!!! I am so happy with 4.5 I really don't see how it could get any better but you are definitely the MASTER when it comes to ROM's and I will be in line to flash 4.6. and I am also sure that I will be spoiled once again!!!
if you thought 4.5 was good... just wait for 4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I couldn't agree more. Mike does one hell of a job on these ROMs and I have never found anything to really b*tch about (whine yes, b*tch no...LOL). I just didn't want you guys to be having fun with a new release while I was stuck on the road. So what we have here is the very definition of win/win!
Don't count it as win/win until you get the STD tests back post Vegas. haha.

Mighty Rom 4.6 Changelog
SYS OS 20765 Build 20765

New HTC Album w. Social Networks
New Smartphone Tracker
New HTC Calculator
Fixed Camera
Fixed Contact List Now Appears Always On Top While Scrolling
Fixed Google Maps Contact Mapping
Fixed Dialer "Back" Button
6.5 Start Logo

The Preview Review:

First the new sys:
I know it's going to be hard to believe but this sys is even faster and smoother than before. Manila is practicaly on fire.

BEST OF ALL no more SIP freezing and for that one guy whose girlfirend was complaing; there is also no more freezing while playing solitaire.

New Htc Calculator
Great revision, it's a standard calculator in portrait but it's got full trigonometry and exponents functions when you flip it to landscape. Search around xda for some screens

It's actually like having two calculators at once, since the values in both the active spot and the memory values are seperate between the portrait and landscape mode. Only thing to becarful of is don't start calculating in portrait if you're going to need advanced functions later in the process.

Album with social networks
I don't have facebook so I can't test that part. Youtube Upload does work though, great feature. Thumbnails load a little faster but that could be from the new sys.

Google maps with contacts
Nice feature, you can pick an address from anyone on your contact list and have it show it on google maps. Doens't quite work if the address is saved with a company name or with a p.o. box. but other than that it's a very nice feature.

Random Access Contact Scrolling Fix
Works just like it is supposed to now.

New Opera - FAIL!
Tested a new version and it almost played embeded flash videos pretty well, but upon further testing it wound up soft reseting the device when trying to play some flash videos. But if it was included in the rom without flash support I think it would be the fastest most stable opera release there is. Skyfire is 1 000 000 times better for flash videos anyways.

Other Apps tested on 4.6 and working awesome;
- Msn
- FM Radio
- File explorer (with extensions)
- Total Commander
- PHM Regedit
- SPB Screenshot
- SPB Backup
- On Course Navigator
- Astro Navigator (GPS location based star maps)
- Skyfire
- Voice Command
- Voice Recorder
- Pocket Word, Excel, Outlook
- Tmail.exe (messaging)
- Adobe readerLE
- Calendar
- Guitar Tuner
- Core Player
- Internet Explorer
- Music ID
- Pocket Drug Detective
- wmTorrent
- WMWifiRouter
- SIP Change
- Stopwatch Lite
- Youtube
- SDKCerts
- Flip_IT
- FingerKeyb
- QuickGPS

Games:
- Worms World Party (3d accelerator running really fast here)
- Caver
- Diamond Beer2
- Diamond Cubes
- Wham-o Frisbee Golf
- Ginvaders
- Pocket Sand
- Teeter
- Bubble Breaker
- Sensory Overload
- Uno Classic
- Resco Brain games
- Kevtris 2
- SuperBomber 95 (Bomberman)
- Snood PPC

Apps not working 100%
In Call Recording; You can record calls to the main memory only (My Documents\Recording) but the ICR.exe to change the options(wav/amr & internal/main mem) and review your recordings, will not open for some reason.

Pacman is screwed. PRobably cuase it's a 320 240 version.

How's that to get your mouth watering?

Last edited by briggs; 02-27-2009 at 02:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tntsniper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
You're gonna like 4.6 it's pretty damn close to perfect just one more little kink to iron out it looks like.

4.6 GPS locks as fast as ever using, google maps, OCN8, and Astro Navigator

Get flipit and sdkcerts and put Tmail.exe in the exclusions list.

if you thought 4.5 was good... just wait for 4.6

Don't count it as win/win until you get the STD tests back post Vegas. haha.

Mighty Rom 4.6 Changelog
SYS OS 20765 Build 20765

New HTC Album w. Social Networks
New Smartphone Tracker
New HTC Calculator
Fixed Camera
Fixed Contact List Now Appears Always On Top While Scrolling
Fixed Google Maps Contact Mapping
Fixed Dialer "Back" Button
6.5 Start Logo

The Preview Review:

First the new sys:
I know it's going to be hard to believe but this sys is even faster and smoother than before. Manila is practicaly on fire.

BEST OF ALL no more SIP freezing and for that one guy whose girlfirend was complaing; there is also no more freezing while playing solitaire.

New Htc Calculator
Great revision, it's a standard calculator in portrait but it's got full trigonometry and exponents functions when you flip it to landscape. Search around xda for some screens

It's actually like having two calculators at once, since the values in both the active spot and the memory values are seperate between the portrait and landscape mode. Only thing to becarful of is don't start calculating in portrait if you're going to need advanced functions later in the process.

Album with social networks
I don't have facebook so I can't test that part. Youtube Upload does work though, great feature. Thumbnails load a little faster but that could be from the new sys.

Google maps with contacts
Nice feature, you can pick an address from anyone on your contact list and have it show it on google maps. Doens't quite work if the address is saved with a company name or with a p.o. box. but other than that it's a very nice feature.

Random Access Contact Scrolling Fix
Works just like it is supposed to now.

New Opera - FAIL!
Tested a new version and it almost played embeded flash videos pretty well, but upon further testing it wound up soft reseting the device when trying to play some flash videos. But if it was included in the rom without flash support I think it would be the fastest most stable opera release there is. Skyfire is 1 000 000 times better for flash videos anyways.

Other Apps tested on 4.6 and working awesome;
- Msn
- FM Radio
- File explorer (with extensions)
- Total Commander
- PHM Regedit
- SPB Screenshot
- SPB Backup
- On Course Navigator
- Astro Navigator (GPS location based star maps)
- Skyfire
- Voice Command
- Voice Recorder
- Pocket Word, Excel, Outlook
- Tmail.exe (messaging)
- Adobe readerLE
- Calendar
- Guitar Tuner
- Core Player
- Internet Explorer
- Music ID
- Pocket Drug Detective
- wmTorrent
- WMWifiRouter
- SIP Change
- Stopwatch Lite
- Youtube
- SDKCerts
- Flip_IT
- FingerKeyb
- QuickGPS

Games:
- Worms World Party (3d accelerator running really fast here)
- Caver
- Diamond Beer2
- Diamond Cubes
- Wham-o Frisbee Golf
- Ginvaders
- Pocket Sand
- Teeter
- Bubble Breaker
- Sensory Overload
- Uno Classic
- Resco Brain games
- Kevtris 2
- SuperBomber 95 (Bomberman)
- Snood PPC

Apps not working 100%
In Call Recording; You can record calls to the main memory only (My Documents\Recording) but the ICR.exe to change the options(wav/amr & internal/main mem) and review your recordings, will not open for some reason.

Pacman is screwed. PRobably cuase it's a 320 240 version.

How's that to get your mouth watering?

Hey buddy thanks for the review,

Quick question, is the text freezing gone? Is that a past due to the new sys? I'll be completely honest, if it wasn't for the freezing (For me on both my diamonds, its not just the texting, its playing solitare too) 4.5 would be the best rom I've ever used, period. The freezing, to me, is a HUGE glitch b/c I do text a lot.

So from you testing the new rom, have you noticed that the issue has dissipated at all? or is completely gone?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Oh god, I could kiss you briggs.

And strange, I have ALWAYS been able to get ICR working on MightyROM... Perhaps I should get in there and help you guys test or something
But the cabs that have been going around don't work when you stick them in the UC phase?

Last edited by infection0; 02-27-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tntsniper is just getting started

Quote:

And strange, I have ALWAYS been able to get ICR working on MightyROM... Perhaps I should get in there and help you guys test or something
But the cabs that have been going around don't work when you stick them in the UC phase?
Whoops never mind question answered lol
Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow now I'm excited. No SIP freezing!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ah, can't wait... Gimme the weekend to play with this thing! I'll give you a dollar.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Funny that you remembered about that, shes excited

Quote:
Fixed Camera
Does that mean sport mode and all those other modes work?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

it's worked on every other previous rom. The DLL works on this rom, and it does record and save the .amr file to the main memory just can't open the exe to review them and change the options.

Last edited by briggs; 02-27-2009 at 07:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
it's worked on every other previous rom. The DLL works on this rom, and it does record and save the .amr file to the main memory just can't open the exe to review them and change the options.

No thanks on the review yet? awww.
Thanked- but my first thought was, "He wants us to thank him for teasing us??" Then I figured it was good that someone was finding the bugs before we had to.

I thought I was going to be sticking with 4.5 for a while because I really like it. And I was considering playing with that FuFu6.5 ROM or maybe the new GrooveROM, but I think I'll just wait for this one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development