PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sgabert is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Not really a fan of the web browser. I prefer the whole page format opposed to the column, but it does run very fast. Very good for quick info, but opera is more featured and displays closer to a ture computer. Guess it comes down to preference......
Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgabert View Post
Not really a fan of the web browser. I prefer the whole page format opposed to the column, but it does run very fast. Very good for quick info, but opera is more featured and displays closer to a ture computer. Guess it comes down to preference......
if you change the settings or view (not sure which one) to zoom, it will show a full page layout with zoom feature. font is small though. give it a whirl.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I like the browser, nice find. Anyway to change what browser defaults on TF32 tab?

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tp617 is just getting started

? I think your warning summarized the same concerns I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
It's awesome. It beats Opera Mini in terms of interface and is the only browser that can match it in speed. Extremely impressive when all you need is simple browsing. For more secure connections or better page representations you will need Opera Mobile. But this will be my browser of choice for googling, wikipedia, facebook, etc. Warning: Don't do anything secure on it. For one, it is a noname chinese company. For two, every piece of data you transfer goes through a proxy server (UCWEB can theoretically read EVERYTHING you send over it, though it is doubtful they will do this).

EDIT: AND WTF AT TP617
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 PM
dtjohnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have a strange question. Perhaps this has been answered earlier, but I can't seem to find a convenient way to search through 615 pages. :S

In your screenshot, you have a calendar icon on the bottom bar that shows your calendar (obviously), after installing this, I don't have that. Is there any way to get that?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/ Htc pro
Carrier: Telus

rottirudy is just getting started

I do find that when i txt is locks up on me every now and then still.. I was thinking it was only me... many others having this issue???
Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
The texting SIP bug is still there?? Say it ain't so... I was gonna flash tonight too!
Gone for me
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgabert View Post
Skyfire is much closer to a true computer and IMO smokes Opera. Like for instance you can browse facebook and it doesnt take you too the mobile version and everything loads and fast. However it is still in Beta so I am sure it will just get better. Oh it also has flash and all that other good stuff.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtjohnst View Post
I have a strange question. Perhaps this has been answered earlier, but I can't seem to find a convenient way to search through 615 pages. :S

In your screenshot, you have a calendar icon on the bottom bar that shows your calendar (obviously), after installing this, I don't have that. Is there any way to get that?
You mean the calender tab? That thing was quite non functional in that you could just see the dates and thats it. You can read more about it here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423647
Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

I installed Total Commander on my phone, but can't figure out how to use it to replace an existing manila file (hidden/system) with one that I modified. because the file is a system file, I can't seem to do anything with it (change its attributes, delete it, etc.). Any help would be mightily appreciated.

Last edited by pixelpop; 02-19-2009 at 11:28 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development