PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

jrimmer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January-08-2009] M I G H T Y R O M - 4 . 1 - FINAL - [UC] [12MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrimmer View Post
Quick question for everyone/anyone - I know most of you think I was a dumbass for doing this but I got a text the other day from telus. Pls dial *22803 for programming etc etc. Without thinking I did it and naturally everything failed. Today i got a similar message about roaming - so I went through the steps (*22803) and the message came back SPL Unlocked.

So two questions - 1. Anyone think Telus track's or cares about this stuf?
2. Are these updates cooked into the ROM's for release.

Just wondering..
Thanks for all your hard work on this. Initially I was a bit disapointed with the Diamond but you helped make it the phone it should have been from the start.

Cheers,
Yes I'm quoting myself here but I just wanted to provide you with some information. I got a call from a Telus CSR on the drive home. They wanted to be sure that I upgraded my software(on smartphones only) by January 17th or else my phone would not work. I dug a little deeper and this is to do with Ontario customers only. Not sure if you all are aware but Bell and Telus share towers in most cases in Ontario anyway. I guess what is happening is this sharing agreement has ended and Telus is now going to be using their own towers in ontario and users need to do the upgrade to migrate themselves over. So I am not sure what reflection if any this has on your rom. Is there going to have to be an Ontario only version? does this type of thing work its way into your ROMS regardless?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Old 01-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F
Carrier: Sprint

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes I'm quoting myself here but I just wanted to provide you with some information. I got a call from a Telus CSR on the drive home. They wanted to be sure that I upgraded my software(on smartphones only) by January 17th or else my phone would not work. I dug a little deeper and this is to do with Ontario customers only. Not sure if you all are aware but Bell and Telus share towers in most cases in Ontario anyway. I guess what is happening is this sharing agreement has ended and Telus is now going to be using their own towers in ontario and users need to do the upgrade to migrate themselves over. So I am not sure what reflection if any this has on your rom. Is there going to have to be an Ontario only version? does this type of thing work its way into your ROMS regardless?

Cheers,
What you should do is you should flash your original ROM, update everything. Once your phone is updated correctly, you may flash back to Mighty. That's how I did it on Sprint.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

Cheers,
Could this just be the prl update to 08085?

I thought telus and bell just signed a new agreement to upgrade both networks to HSPDA?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprime76 View Post
OK, I have been following Juicy and Mike for a while and haven't seen a fix for this problem, although others have brought it up. Sorry if I missed it.

Is there a fix for the Bluetooth just turning off on its own? I will be driving with my earpiece in and the phone will start to ring in my pocket. I hit the buttom only to realize it is no longer connected. when I look at the phone it is off, although I had turned it on just 10 minutes earlier. Both the phone and the earpiece are fully charged. It has happened with multiple earpieces and multiple ROMs (juicy and mike) but not the stock rom. I DID hard reset after flashing. Any ideas?

BTW - Thanks mike for all of your work.
There's a reason HTC is dropping Qualcomm bluetooth components from it's new line.

There are lots of problems with the bluetooth chipset.

Everytime I want ot use an A2DP device I have to delete it and then pair the devices again.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
There's a reason HTC is dropping Qualcomm bluetooth components from it's new line.

There are lots of problems with the bluetooth chipset.

Everytime I want ot use an A2DP device I have to delete it and then pair the devices again.
Is this why my car stereo will only stream music from the diamond if I delete and re-install it every day? It never seems to work a second time otherwise.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
mcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Is this why my car stereo will only stream music from the diamond if I delete and re-install it every day? It never seems to work a second time otherwise.
I guess, same thing happens to me, EVERYDAY.

it did it with the stock rom, the shipped rom, and any other rom I tried.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Cheers,

The PRL and ROM have nothing to do with each other. You can update your PRL without changing you ROM and vise versa.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor

i just recently flashed my rom to MIGHTROM 4.1 and its real good. i'm wondering when i plugged my phone to the computer it already has a phone as modem option is it free? or will sprint charge?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

Thought I would give teh MightyROM a try.
I am trying to find the perfect ROM for me.
I have had 4 different Juicy ROMs and all was well.
Try to flash the latest MightyROM and bam...Upgrade ROM code error.
I have removed windows mobile device center and re-installed.
Try many time to put Juicy back on but nothing.
Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Edit:
Someone told me about the volume down + power to get back to the boot loader screen.
Once there, I was able to re-flash back to Juicy ROM.
Anyone know why MightyROM might have caused the issue?
Really wanting to try this ROM but dont want to go through that again.

Last edited by bridic; 01-14-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Re: [09/29/08] [Telus Mobility] [Mighty ROM v1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
wow...thats one hell of a first post. does this have anything to do with this rom? what is O2 xda2? you dont have an internet explorer? wtf is toflock? whats a juvs file? Im not sure what you are trying to say but if its you flashed a rom and the internet does not work, then look here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37642
otherwise try again.
LMAO, that's exactly what I was thinking. Good laugh!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development