PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Kitchens

HUGE UPDATE

Just posted a new Kitchen Base with 20755 XIP!
This includes the new xip, faster boot time, and an 87% reduction in size!!!

THIS MUST BE USED WITH THE LATEST SYS POSTED!
If you choose not to take this advice, don't ask why you can only see 1/4 of your screen

Please let me know if there are any errors.

Last edited by tobeychris; 10-24-2008 at 12:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
Thanks. I found that one a long time ago, but that isnt where Device Information gets its data. However, the key above did have the value of GF.TC Kitchen, but changing it has no impact on Device Information. Not sure what uses that key...
It isn't in a key. It's hard coded into a file in binary - I forget which.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
HUGE UPDATE

Just posted a new Kitchen Base with 20755 XIP!
This includes the new xip, faster boot time, and an 87% reduction in size!!!

THIS MUST BE USED WITH THE LATEST SYS POSTED!
If you choose not to take this advice, don't ask why you can only see 1/4 of your screen

Please let me know if there are any errors.
The update is causing this issue:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=980
Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but it also causes that white bar you see when you click on the start menu.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:07 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but it also causes that white bar you see when you click on the start menu.
I figured as much.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

I've officially posted Diamond Kitchen v1.03 and v2.01.

They are the same in regards to their features, except version 1 has 19965 XIP and version 2 has 20755 XIP. This will be used as my naming convention from now on as well. I will also try to keep both updated with any enhancements that can be done.

Updated post 2 with naming conventions for SYS and Base.

Also, OEM 1.08 is linked there as well.

Added SYS 20755 v2b - Updated 20755 SYS with a few minor improvements
Added SYS 20924 v2a - New SYS. Faster, more stable, still has optional BuildOS components.

Thanks to Calcu for the find of the new SYS packages and his help in porting them.

Last edited by tobeychris; 10-29-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

Updates above
Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff
Exclamation 20924 Kitchen

tobeychris, New kitchen with 20924:

Settings>Power>Backlight> UNSELECTING AUTO ADJUST and playing with the selectors does not adjust the brightness

I have also noticed that when under file explorer and scrolling up and down, it's sluggish, kind of not responsive and it 'scrambles' the lines.

I will post anything else I found for your information.

Last edited by jgatter; 10-29-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

jyxent is becoming a great contributor

I'm having problems with the latest updates. Using kitchen 2.01 and sys 20924 results in my diamond freezing at boot. It freezes when it displays the touch diamond logo with the red version information at the bottom.

I've previously been using kitchen 2.00 and sys 20921, which was working fine. I'm using Vista x64, so would that be an issue?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyxent View Post
I'm having problems with the latest updates. Using kitchen 2.01 and sys 20924 results in my diamond freezing at boot. It freezes when it displays the touch diamond logo with the red version information at the bottom.

I've previously been using kitchen 2.00 and sys 20921, which was working fine. I'm using Vista x64, so would that be an issue?
I had the same issue last night. I cooked it again making sure that all my selections were right. I put the phone into bootloader mode and flashed it again and it's working fine now.

If this does not work, try cooking first a very basic kitchen, it might be soemthing you are selecting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development