PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

richrosa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to richrosa Send a message via Yahoo to richrosa
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

I'm on Sprint. Here's my configuration.

- Juicy 2.1 ROM - Sprint
- Sprint DCD cab installed
- roaming off
- WiFi off
- Bluetooth off
- Phone network on
- emails checked every 2 hours (default)

I charged the phone to 99% last evening, then took it off the charger before I went to bed, so it was idle all night, just checking emails every 2 hours (3 or 4x), and the phone's radio was on.

During the 8 hours I lost 1% of battery to 91%.

Of course during the day when I'm using the phone the drain is quite substantial and probably subpar, especially when I'm using data services or the phone and not as much on WiFi.

I hope this helps those who are working diligently on trying to figure out what ails the battery on this phone.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Cyric78 is just getting started

Does anyone know how to disable the T9 input, and what not? It's really annoying to have T9 on when your entering numbers into excel..
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

just2bad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
Well that's similar to my problem, 'cept he can still view his internal storage. Maybe he needs those ActiveSync reg hacks you sent me earlier?

What's this active sync hack about ?????

I'm still unable to sync with Vista WMC or Xp ActiveSync

Activesync is popping on my phone but none of my PCs are seing it
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

bhodgins is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish3232 View Post
Well since no one responded I set the page pool to 24MB on the stock sprint rom and its pretty fast. Not as fast as the Juicy 2.1, but it will get the job done until a new rom with the battery fix is available.
I'm still trying to figure out how to change the page pool size, whether using the stock rom or Juicy's rom. Can anyone explain? Thanks!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinma6980 View Post
I had (actually still do) horrible battery life at first also - a LOT of people have. After a few days and charges it gets better - for some. It's gotten better for me but it's still less than half of the battery lifespan of my Touch.
Yeah, I've had this one a week now, and not much improvement - maybe a tiny bit with killing bluetooth and wi-fi, reducing screen brightness, shutting off the light sensor and reducing email checking. But I don't think the battery itself has improved.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer007 View Post
2.1 is working great for me so far.

The only outstanding problem is the huge lag when I press "Answer" when someone calls me. It always takes about a minute before it actually connects and we can talk. I've had it since I got my Diamond and I have a feeling it's a phone problem and not the ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinma6980 View Post
I had (actually still do) horrible battery life at first also - a LOT of people have. After a few days and charges it gets better - for some. It's gotten better for me but it's still less than half of the battery lifespan of my Touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Do you use diamond tweak 0.5? I had the same problem when I had this app installed. I had the answer lag even with the stock rom. I tried uninstalling first, but it didnt help. I hard reset, didnt install diamond tweak and the problem went away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer007 View Post
I'll have to try this. Will report my results after school later. It'll be nice not to have the lag, I've missed several calls because of the other person hanging up.

EDIT: I guess it's kinda redundant to have both Diamond Tweak 0.5 and Advanced Config installed, they do almost the exact same stuff.
ive been using diamond tweak v.5 since the stock rom all the way up till now and i dont have this call delay issue.

you guys may have changed a setting in the Diamond Tweak or its in your head lol ive gotten at least a dozen calls in the last day with now answer lag besides the usual second or two, just like any smart phone. And i have it installed.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ReLLiK75 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
ive been using diamond tweak v.5 since the stock rom all the way up till now and i dont have this call delay issue.

you guys may have changed a setting in the Diamond Tweak or its in your head lol ive gotten at least a dozen calls in the last day with now answer lag besides the usual second or two, just like any smart phone. And i have it installed.
Yesterday, I installed Advanced Config installed on top of the 2.1 ROM. Afterwards, I was unable to answer any incoming call. I had to wait for it to go to voicemail and call them right back. I'm pretty sure the only change I made yesterday was directly to my registry to change that data connection setting to 60. Although, strange thing is that everyone here is saying it was set to 600. Mine was set to 160 when I went to make the change.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLLiK75 View Post
Yesterday, I installed Advanced Config installed on top of the 2.1 ROM. Afterwards, I was unable to answer any incoming call. I had to wait for it to go to voicemail and call them right back. I'm pretty sure the only change I made yesterday was directly to my registry to change that data connection setting to 60. Although, strange thing is that everyone here is saying it was set to 600. Mine was set to 160 when I went to make the change.
Advanced config is differentthen Diamond Tweak v.5

i dont use advanced config so i dont know about that. but i do know that Diamond Tweak does not mess up my incoming calls.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

laestrella is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Advanced config is differentthen Diamond Tweak v.5

i dont use advanced config so i dont know about that. but i do know that Diamond Tweak does not mess up my incoming calls.
I'm sure it is a setting that we changed in Diamond Tweak because it wasn't happening to me at first and then after being a little ambitious I change a lot of settings. After the problem occured I hard reset, saw that the problem was gone and I reinstalled the app because I still wanted to use it, but after applying some tweaks the call problem still persisted. I did a hard reset and the problem stopped immediately. So I've just decided not to install it.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
I'm sure it is a setting that we changed in Diamond Tweak because it wasn't happening to me at first and then after being a little ambitious I change a lot of settings. After the problem occured I hard reset, saw that the problem was gone and I reinstalled the app because I still wanted to use it, but after applying some tweaks the call problem still persisted. I did a hard reset and the problem stopped immediately. So I've just decided not to install it.
weird, if you knew what setting it was we could tell others to avoid it all i use it for is to change touch sensitivity to the max and change my max idol tim on my data connection to 60 instead of 600 seconds

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development