PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karana is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
there were a bunch of errors in the sprint 2.1 rom its basically a public beta. we will fix these issues in 2.1.1

thanks for running the rom and reporting your issues though.
Very Very anxiously waiting for the new ROM. A couple of phones before my Mogul I had the Touch and I returned it because the ROM Development scene had not matured enough. I am not making the same mistake the second time. I'd rather wait and have a good ROM after 2 months. Having a sleek phone is a blessing and I am definitely not going to get the Pro even though I sorely miss the hardware keyboard.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

today i have had issues with my device going to sleep and not waking back up. any other telus users experienced this?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It happended to me last night when it was plugged in charging. I had to pull the battery to fix it.

otherwise it is running awesome...
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
It happended to me last night when it was plugged in charging. I had to pull the battery to fix it.

reset button fixes as well.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

karana is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post

I have been able to narrow it down to plugging the charger in when the phone is already on standby. Do you have SensorLock installed by any chance? There are 2 conflicting settings on there which you need to be mindful of, Unlock on Power and Disable gesture on power. If your phone is locked and on standby when you plug it in and you have the first one unchecked and not the second one there isn't really a way to unlock it since gestures are disbled. I have found that pulling the stylus works to bring it out of sleep in these cases though.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started

Anyone experience heavy power drain when the phone is on but there is weak or no service? I'm pushing hotmail, and the phone dips very low within an hour and stops the "as item arrives" sync feature. The phone gets quite warm durning that time. I'm using 2.0, but happens on all versions I used including stock.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor

RE: Impact of planning registry hack on Microsoft Push email.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\
CacheTime
-change the decimal value from the default 600 to 60

I set this hack last night and while it has a noticeable (positive) impact on battery life the push mail continues to function properly. Messages are recieved seconds after they hit the Exchange server, the message alert bings on the phone but it does not wake up.
By contrast a text message will fully wake up the phone.
The fact that the phone does not wake up means that I am saving about 80mA for 30 seconds(the backlight) for each time a message does not wake up the phone with no feature loss.
Sounds like a no brainer to me.

YMMD

Telus 2.1 ROM
Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

blink182fka6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick89 View Post
did you check the sticky on the htc diamond forum about internet? when its connected to the computer, it is pulling internet from your home connection.
yep that helped. thanks man.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

eatbeme is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredell View Post
Hi Everyone,

I installed the Telus 2.0 Juicy ROM and it seems that Internet Explorer is the default browser. How do it make Opera Mobile the default browser again? I usually read RSS feeds and IE just doesnt display them easily readable like Opera.

I searched for a registry entry that would make this change but did not see any.

Thanks
Tredell
A few others including myself have mentioned this already. Last I heard they were looking into it.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thermodynamic is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOTURBO View Post
Anyone experience heavy power drain when the phone is on but there is weak or no service? I'm pushing hotmail, and the phone dips very low within an hour and stops the "as item arrives" sync feature. The phone gets quite warm durning that time. I'm using 2.0, but happens on all versions I used including stock.
I imagine that if you were on "weak or no service" your phone is in constant roaming mode which would suck up your battery juice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development