PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

apollooff320 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DELAYED] WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

I keep checking this thread waiting for the release. I really want to try out this ROM to see how fast it is.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Originally Posted by Tredell
Not sure if anyone tried this, or even if this is a proper fix, but if you change the following registry entries Opera will be the default browser for the RSS reader:

HKCR\http\shell\open\command\default = operaL.exe %1
HKCR\https\shell\open\command\default = operaL.exe %1

Doubt the second one needs to be set, but thought I'd add it just inase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbeme View Post
Thanks for that. It works in RSS hub now. As for getting it to work with emails,
I changed:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER\1 = operal.exe from ":MSPIE"
Thanks guys. you will see these changes added in the next release.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

This ROM is super fast and very smooth, the user interface also very responsive. I have yet to find any issue with this ROM, that being said i have only got the ROM installed for 10min now.

Ill report if i find any serious issues, great ROM Juicy =D>
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

kennya is a n00b

2.1 is great...everything is definitely better/faster. The previous Keyboard issue in gmail/hotmail seems to have corrected itself - I can now type.

The only issue now is the battery. It seems like 2.1 has worst battery for me, from 1.1. I leave my phone on idle (screen is off) for 4 hours at work and the battery goes down 25%.. Towards the end of the day, my phone goes from 20% to DEAD within 10 minutes of just browsing PPCGEEKS in Opera.

I didn't disable any settings since flashing, but is there something I can disable to make my battery better?

edit: I'm on TELUS

Last edited by kennya; 09-25-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

not tonight....the kitchen is broken...you better hope ppckitchen staff fixes it tomorrow....cause im disappointed they cant get their **** straight
Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
not tonight....the kitchen is broken...you better hope ppckitchen staff fixes it tomorrow....cause im disappointed they cant get their **** straight
Frustrating, but not your fault. Get some rest, we'll be here tomorrow.....
Old 09-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i dont know im on sprint and not experiencing unusual huge battery drain. 8 hours of standby with 2 email accounts checking every 4 hours and only dropped 15%

i think itll really depend on where you are roaming will prob kill it faster. i do notice it drains faster at home but thats because my signal isnt as strong as when im out during the day
Old 09-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Thanks... I am content with 1.2 clean at the moment.... Thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Anyone else having a problem with sMMS. I get an error screen when I open a pic in the inbox or sent folder. I posted this on the sMMS thread "Just did A hard reset with WDM's latest ROM. First thing I did was ran sMMS, set up my number and activated. Reopened sMMS and went to Messages. It synced my inbox, and when I click on one of the pictures I get the unexpected error screen???"
Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Thoughts on removing IE?
Edit: Can't be removed... it is system dependent; especially for provxml files

Thoughts on removing Transcriber?

Thoughts on removing VoiceCommand?

Last edited by Juicy47; 09-26-2008 at 12:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development