PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheAccuser is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10/06/08] JUICY ROM 2.4.1 [Full CE OS 5.2.20755][TELUS][Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
1340 I believe.

I encourage you all to participate in this thread for battery issues: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39192
1340 mAh....you are correct.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
- Exchange Push
- IMAP Gmail (checking every 15 minutes...so it checked for email 16 times)
thats why your battery is dead. the data connection eats the battery this isnt rom related its the radio. nothing we can do. change your email checking times. and disable push if you can.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
thats why your battery is dead. the data connection eats the battery this isnt rom related its the radio. nothing we can do. change your email checking times. and disable push if you can.
This is the exact same setup I've been using for the past few weeks...and I can usually make it until at least 6:00. The usage I stated during the 4 hours of testing should draw the battery down to 20%...no way.

I know this is unrelated to ROMs in general, but who in their right mind would put out a device that has certain features (push mail, imap, youtube, bluetooth, etc...) if everyone has to disable all of these services and not use their phone, just to get through a day without charing!?!?!?!? Sickens me.

Either way it's going back because I am crippled without a physical keyboard. I hope to god the Touch Pro doesn't have these terrible battery life issues...otherwise, it's going back as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

eatbeme is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
I'm having issues... it wonr run on 64... =(
Well it's definitely not a problem with Vista x64. I've been using it for the past year and have had no problems flashing.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
This is the exact same setup I've been using for the past few weeks...and I can usually make it until at least 6:00. The usage I stated during the 4 hours of testing should draw the battery down to 20%...no way.

I know this is unrelated to ROMs in general, but who in their right mind would put out a device that has certain features (push mail, imap, youtube, bluetooth, etc...) if everyone has to disable all of these services and not use their phone, just to get through a day without charing!?!?!?!? Sickens me.

Either way it's going back because I am crippled without a physical keyboard. I hope to god the Touch Pro doesn't have these terrible battery life issues...otherwise, it's going back as well.
the touch is going to have crap battery life as well. its the same battery, same radio and has more hardware. so it will be worse if anything.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

daryllh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I hope to god the Touch Pro doesn't have these terrible battery life issues...otherwise, it's going back as well.
I'd bet that the touch pro will have similar issues that we are experiencing with the Diamond.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Okay, now I am suddenly back at 80%....LOL. What is going on?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
I'm curious about some of your battery experiences.

I can't get through a full work day with one battery charge.

Are you guys doing anything extra to increase the battery life.
I get a full (long) day but not much more. I turned the phone on this morning at 7:30AM made couple of calls including one 10 minute BT call. Received about 25 emails and glanced at most of them plus ran the gps for about 10 minutes. It is now 2:25PM and I still have about 75% battery left
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Could anybody tell me what exactly pagepool is and what would be the difference between giving more value or less? (pros and cons)

Also, is JUICY for sprint already theter fixed for no extra charges?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
DHarvey's ROM is 36MB pagepool by default, mine is 6MB

Ive included a pagepool changer app so you can change it to whatever you like prior to flashing. I think 36MB is overkill

popular choices are 6, 12, 16, 32 and 0 (dynamic)
Old 10-09-2008, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are not that many high tech mobile phones out there these days that do not have crappy battery life. Every one complaining about crap battery life and taking the phone back for something far poorer in hardware but better battery life are only hurting themselves. If battery life is so important then invest in multiple batteries.

I have not had my phone for all that long so I have nothing concrete yet to judge my battery life by but I am using Juicy's 2.4.1 and can make it a full day on one battery with my normal usage. If I plan to be away where there is no way to charge my phone that I plan to purchase another battery. It's just the way things are, get over it or get out of it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development