PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/7/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
Looks like regular SMS is working. I'm going to try and run the carrier cab to see if that fixes MMS. I tried looking in MMS options for any type of server settings but could not find any.
i guess u guys are right.... i thought it was working cuz i was able to receive mms... but right now that im trying to send... it doesn't work...
i guess i'll check to see if there's a fix... we might just need to install sprint picture mail or something...
as far as other carriers goes... u would need to change some setting in messaging client and pick your carrier before u can be sure its not sending your mms.
i got the version from calc wvga kitchen... ill see what they say over there about the mms.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i guess u guys are right.... i thought it was working cuz i was able to receive mms... but right now that im trying to send... it doesn't work...
i guess i'll check to see if there's a fix... we might just need to install sprint picture mail or something...
as far as other carriers goes... u would need to change some setting in messaging client and pick your carrier before u can be sure its not sending your mms.
i got the version from calc wvga kitchen... ill see what they say over there about the mms.

Looks like we might have to go back to the old way of doing it through WM messaging client doesn't it?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
Looks like we might have to go back to the old way of doing it through WM messaging client doesn't it?
try installing sprint picture mail...
if that fails... yes ill go back to regular... i would also look into nrg thread... i know he uses messaging client also,, and maybe it works for people on his... so ill check that also.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
amikam - have you seen this? http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/se...e-appointments

There are tons of new Sense 2.5 mods coming out lately, I'm not sure if any of these can be had by us or if they need to ported over to our smaller resolution screens but I thought I'd check.
nice find...
i knew he was up to some to something good...
but i guess only wvga for now, it is for the hd2 originally so... we'll see.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2/6/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21890]

Quote:
to be honest with u... on 21891 i almost didn't recmod anything(not the usual things anyways) and i got 0 modules in slot 0... with only 360 or 380 modules.
its amazingly faster if u ask me... but i can only speak for sense 2.5 and everything thats related to it... i don't use titanium.
ill upload the 21891 sys... just keep in mind that i clear out some of the icons, themes, taskbars png's and such so i wont have doubles and unnecessary extra files... but u can always just compare sys\dpi192\common\base_dpi_192 folder with another one and see what missing.... and as far as the themes goes... again... u can just add them yourself.
if u really not sure how to... ill help u out.

edit: it has office 2010 on it... so if u want to switch back let me know ill give u the old one.
amikam: Integrated the new sys you provided and cooked up the same Titanium rom i've been using. the difference between 889/891 in terms of modules and rom size are as follows. modules: 421/391, size:98900kb/99300kb. I'll let you know if i observe anything in terms of utility/stability/performance in a day or so, once I get a feel for it, although at first blush I can't tell the difference on a titanium build with ms cover. I think you are right in observing that your speed increases are resulting from improvements in manila rather than sys upgrades.

Last edited by O.a.T.; 02-08-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

amikam,
Great ROM! Fast and stable!
Are you going to upload a 21891 Lite?

Two things:

- couldn't get Voice Command to work
- Looking for a regedit to reduce the amount of time the volume screen stays up before it goes away...

anyone? anyone? ... Buehler?

Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [2/6/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21890]

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
amikam: Integrated the new sys you provided and cooked up the same Titanium rom i've been using. the difference between 889/891 in terms of modules and rom size are as follows. modules: 421/391, size:98900kb/99300kb. I'll let you know if i observe anything in terms of utility/stability/performance in a day or so, once I get a feel for it, although at first blush I can't tell the difference on a titanium build with ms cover. I think you are right in observing that your speed increases are resulting from improvements in manila rather than sys upgrades.
well.... actually i didnt mention anything about improving manila in any way...
i just said that i remodded different things than what other chefs probably recmod to make sure i get 0 modules in slot 0.
thats what i personally believe made the speed increase that im feeling in manila.
as far as titanium goes... i'd bet you wont feel a big difference even if u go back to sys 21874 since it doesn't take up much resources anyways... but i could be wrong.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
try installing sprint picture mail...
if that fails... yes ill go back to regular... i would also look into nrg thread... i know he uses messaging client also,, and maybe it works for people on his... so ill check that also.
I do not like the Sprint Picturemail app at all. I would try Arcsoft but I don't think there is a way to get to the WM messaging client to use that workaround...is there?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

amikam,
Is your Bluetooth working? I get the error "no bluetooth device installed". When I go to switch on BT I get the "wait" dots, then they go away and the BT is not "On". Did it get left out by mistake? It's the same with my wife's Diamond. Both running your latest... 21891. (It was working fine on the ROM previous - 21890)
Thanks...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i guess ill take off the new htc messaging client... and about the bluetooth thing... i think its an issue with 21891 sys...
ill try to put 21890 bt folders back into 21891 and see what happens

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development