PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 02:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

proslasher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Raped by Verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I don't think plan is the issue its the phone not receiving vzw towers
I will ask did you change the prl to a vzw prl then try a *228 provision?
Yes I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxmike View Post
Alltel phones should work on verizon and I would suggest updating your contract with Alltel cause you can keep Alltel up to 2012 I think(thats what I'm doing) So your Alltel phone will work anyways. Verizon has no good data plan is why I'm staying for the price of my account now I would get same features but instead of unlimited data I would only get 5gb. So I would suggest to update your contract if you like them you'll still get same service as if you had verizon just must better plan!
Can't upgrade. We are no longer Alltel. We're sucked into Verizon now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
ROMs don't make a difference... I still love how people think that.
ROMs do make a difference as far as programs and features, but not the actual radio.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Just switch to Sprint...they were better then Alltel in the first place
Old 07-04-2009, 03:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Just switch to Sprint...they were better then Alltel in the first place
i beg to differ.
and I hate all you sprint fanboys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
ugh
ffs does every vzw help topic have to become oh you wouldn't have to deal with this if you were with sprint?
The OP asked for help. If the only thing you're gonna say is well if you were with sprint, don't say it.
No kidding, this becomes super annoying every single time a post like this comes up (& I see that even after you posted this three more DB's stll had to add in their 2 cents about Sprint......

All you Sprint "fanboys", go post somewhere else. If switching to Sprint was a legit option, I'm sure the OP would have already done it.................

By the way, I have used both Sprint & my current VZ service & no way will I ever go back to Sprint......

~John
Old 07-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond Sprint flashed to Cricket
Carrier: Cricket

donj72 is a n00b

Quote:
ugh
ffs does every vzw help topic have to become oh you wouldn't have to deal with this if you were with sprint?
The OP asked for help. If the only thing you're gonna say is well if you were with sprint, don't say it. If you don't have nothing to contribute to helping the OP, don't respond.
Gah this is ridiculous every single time??? I mean come on! This isn't an elementary school for sprint v. verizon. Users come needing help, not asking to switch, not asking what this company does over the other.
Leave the politics out for goodness sakes [/rant]

back on topic
did any of the suggestions I gave you work? If not I would call vzw wireless to see if there isn't an issue with your line
You get upset about some pretty dumb stuff. We all have choices and can go to any phone company that we choose to and there is nothing wrong with someone offering advice from their experiences. I personally would not choose Sprint or Verizon because they are both raping the public. If I had to choose between the two I would choose Sprint because Verizon seems to think that there can be only one (kinda like Highlander) and has cut the head off of Alltel and sucked up their power and now EVERYONE has been left with less choices thanks to power hungry Verizon. Seems as though most of the VIP people on here have and attitude and think that what they say is gospel and there should be no choices other than what they want. Yeah I said it so what.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donj72 View Post
You get upset about some pretty dumb stuff. We all have choices and can go to any phone company that we choose to and there is nothing wrong with someone offering advice from their experiences. I personally would not choose Sprint or Verizon because they are both raping the public. If I had to choose between the two I would choose Sprint because Verizon seems to think that there can be only one (kinda like Highlander) and has cut the head off of Alltel and sucked up their power and now EVERYONE has been left with less choices thanks to power hungry Verizon. Seems as though most of the VIP people on here have and attitude and think that what they say is gospel and there should be no choices other than what they want. Yeah I said it so what.
obviously you haven't been around long enough.
Wait, you too will see everyone's switch to sprint post when they're asking a legitimate question and need a legitimate answer.
Best not to post if you haven't been around longer than a week.
Yeah, I said it.
You stay around long enough to become VIP,
you'll realize what I've said, what others said.
You'll also realize why sometimes the longer members are mean to people.
Since we answer the same questions about 10 times throughout anygiven week when a simple search could have found the answer.
Again, you're new,
so don't even think you know it all.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond Sprint flashed to Cricket
Carrier: Cricket

donj72 is a n00b

I see, Since I have only been here for a short period there is NO WAY I can see what is going on. Don't even try and pull that with me. I have been watching these forums and the Howard forums for over a year now and you guys have no tolerance for a what you consider to be a dumb noob question or someone that asks a question more than once. You were there at one time and you know it so don't be a hypocrite and show a little more understanding sometimes. Some of these people have never even seen a windows mobile phone before and have no idea even what a cab is. Yeah I said it again.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i would be upset that being with alltel and then getting a vzw diamond since it does not have the same specs, like ram, cpu, internal storage.... the closet phone vzw has would be the Omani granted that has 16gb internal storage and transflash...
Old 07-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

my sister has alltel and said that verizon will grandfather your plan but you will have to buy a verizon phone once the merger is official. please don't shoot the messenger!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donj72 View Post
I see, Since I have only been here for a short period there is NO WAY I can see what is going on. Don't even try and pull that with me. I have been watching these forums and the Howard forums for over a year now and you guys have no tolerance for a what you consider to be a dumb noob question or someone that asks a question more than once. You were there at one time and you know it so don't be a hypocrite and show a little more understanding sometimes. Some of these people have never even seen a windows mobile phone before and have no idea even what a cab is. Yeah I said it again.
we do have understanding, but when there's the same question over and over and over and over, and no one searches, then there's no toleration for that. obviously you don't follow very well.
and pull what with you? you just got an account this month, within the past 4 days.... therefore you didn't even download anything from this site before then, so I don't see how you could truly follow what's on this site.....

I use to be a huge advocate for helping them out, and trying to point them to the right spot, etc etc, but I'm tired of it.
I use to just post them the links to the other million threads of the same question that has different solutions in each one of them,
told them the keywords I used to search, that way they could see how I searched for them and compare to their keywords to help them out in their searching in the future.
and they would only complain that I didn't copy and past the solutions into their thread or yell at me for it.
so there's no tolerance for it.
stick around, you post a million of the same things.
till then, don't post on the subject.
done deal. especially since you're not helping them out mr 2 post count.
you don't have the right to complain about something when you don't try and help to fix it. yet another reason why you don't have the right to post on that subject.
shall I keep going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
i would be upset that being with alltel and then getting a vzw diamond since it does not have the same specs, like ram, cpu, internal storage.... the closet phone vzw has would be the Omani granted that has 16gb internal storage and transflash...
I won't let them give me a verizon TP over my un-gimped alltel TP.
Not going to happen.
If they do, they will pay me my $ back for the phone, full retail,
and then cancel my contract, and give me $ to compensate for my time/trouble/lost business due to the number change when I have to go to another carrier.
I don't get screwed over like most, I do the screwing.
hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
my sister has alltel and said that verizon will grandfather your plan but you will have to buy a verizon phone once the merger is official. please don't shoot the messenger!
no way am I getting a new phone, not my problem they finally decided to do the merger after owning alltel for 3 years.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion