PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Sprint

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Raped by Verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Well I came from xda broseph.
There are alot more technical things over there and alot more technical breakdowns.
All the freeware apps that are here or anything else developed by a person in their free time was done so by someone over at xda, and then reposted here either by them but the majority of the time by someone else.
Therefore, xda database > ppcgeeks database.

I too visit this one daily.
Along with about 10 other ones.
Alot more technical ones than this site.

It's funny how people didn't try and call me out like this till I was a VIP.
Didn't happen till then.
Take the ****in title if you want.
I don't care to be VIP.
It in no way affects me or my posts.

It's funny how just because I'm vip now
(just happened less than 4 days ago)
you call me out, all the other people that say the same thing I do are not getting called out.
What gives..... jealous?

And obviously you don't see all the posts then.
Or even most posts.....If so, then you'd see vip's call people out like I did.
Alot of them.
You'd also see it behind closed doors where it happens alot more,
but you can't access those areas, and I don't believe in doing it behind people's backs.

Well if you want to get technical on length,
I can pull out my other more technical phone websites that I visit and kill that dispute.
And I'm not mean simply on that.
Obviously you didn't read everything now did ya?....
I'm not ruining it, technically YOU are for bringing up a dead argument and butting in a argument with someone else. You were not even involved in this....

Much effort?
Google is two characters less than ppcgeeks
One click is alot easier than clicking a bunch of buttons to make a new post or search posts here.
I don't think that takes much effort at all.
And if they don't search, I usually post links to other threads that have the answer.
Obviously you didn't read this thread or you'd know that, and know other things I do to help.
And isn't a forum here for people to read other people's problems/mods/hacks/etc and learn how to do them....
Funny how everything comes back to reading, isn't it?

I've returned that favor when I was still a brand new person on the Pocket pc scene.
I would search people's question on google, and find it for them.
It wouldn't take me long at all.
Again, if you read the rest of this thread, specifically my posts in it, you'd realize that now wouldn't you....

He was talking about what he could do with his verizon/alltel problems.
Didn't mention anything about switching carriers.
Yes, the person could post
I like sprint for these reasons,
not simple "switch to sprint" that everyone posts EVERYWHERE for ANY phone problem when the OP is not on sprint.
Therefore, it gets RIDICULOUS to have it as a solution for everything.
Switching to sprint doesn't solve every phone problem,
if it did, then what would you sprint people do if you had a problem,
that's to say if you sprint people even had a problem (as if it solved everything then you shouldn't have one).
I don't care if MANY members like their sprint service.
If someone was asking if they would like to switch and what carriers are good, etc, then yea, post "switch to sprint" but be detailed like I stated above by saying something along the lines of I like sprint because blah blah blah, I get really good service/coverage/etc.
Not just switch to sprint because that does not help ONE BIT
in helping the original poster decide if he would want to switch.

"could have answered service questions and serve as a decision maker for this poster"
He didn't even post anything besides switch to sprint.
there's no helpful parts there, no service questions, no nothing.
He hasn't even been back to this thread.
He was just looking for a place to say switch to sprint.
Heck he's prolly works in a sprint store and sells phones for commission.
Atleast that's what I get by his post.

I could sit here and do this alllllll night long.

I wouldn't have cared if he had gone into the least bit of detail of why the OP should have switched to sprint, but yet, he just said switch to sprint.
That does nothing but waste the OP time, PPCGeeks bandwith, a valuable spot on the thread for a better answer, and both of our times as this discussion wouldn't be happening.

Again, no one seemed to care before I was VIP, now that I'm VIP I guess I just have a big head and go around hunting for posts to call out.
haha.

If you would have read "most" of the posts, then you would have seen one of the countless number of posts I have made in the vogue section helping people. If you're at xda, in the vogue section, and a few other sections, you would also see the countelss number of helpful posts I've made.
So you can't play it off that I don't give back to the ppc community.

Another thing, if sprint is sooooooooo good, then why was it relying on the pre to bring itself back into the game and actually get people to join sprint?
The only good comments I heard for the past few years were about the prices/sero plans.

This was a dead horse, and you brought it back to life full force.

I'm done with you, and the other people that keep calling me out because I'm VIP. It's retarted. Didn't happen AT ALL before I was a VIP.
But now, because I am one, and I'd rather not even be one,
I get ripped a new one for being a vip because I have actually helped out people and gave back to the community? How the heck does that work?

But I'm done with this thread.
we all don't need to get banned or get this thread closed or keep off topic discussion going as I'm sure the OP doesn't appreciate it much.
First, my apologies to the OP, my hope is that all answers provided by all members provide some insight to your issue.....
Next,
Seriously?
Broseph,

For the sake of a shorter than needed post I am not even going to waste my time extending this longer than it needs to by rebutting your entirely overdone off-point rebuttal, you obviously didn't pay attention.
You missed the majority of the point......

Maybe you get called out as a VIP because you specifically "stated" here and in other posts you were a VIP, I guess because it makes you feel better about yourself, just before berating someone else as if you are now a forum GOD with an almighty know-it-all voice of authority.

I had previously looked at your other posts and you have been fairly helpful over the course of the past six months, and the thanks you have received indicate how helpful you have been.

I too hate that I am involved in an off topic discussion, and I figured you would at least get the point to not be so heavy handed to the fanboys or newbies with your new found AUTHORITY/POWER!!! It is because of fanboys that these forums exist in the first place just as you are a fanboy of your beloved Touch Pro as you often state in your posts, sometimes off-topic. Let ye who has never gone off-topic cast the first stone.

You obviously couldn't wait for the POWER!!!! Quoting you from another post....

"I'll be on here a little later trying to acheive my VIP status. haha
I only have like 60 more to go.
Hopefully I'll be able to join ya there sometime today/tomorrow. "

My whole point from the beginning was I was nicely stating don't be an A$$ to the other "lesser" members, even if their input is all of switch to X carrier. If you want to be a good VIP inform these mortals to just elaborate on their statement without berating them. This is your role.

And ummm.. <Cough> also came from XDA almost 3 years ago <cough>
/also visit other ppc sites. (More than 7).

/Done with you

Last edited by Erythros; 07-10-2009 at 07:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
First, my apologies to the OP, my hope is that all answers provided by all members provide some insight to your issue.....
Next,
Seriously?
Broseph,

For the sake of a shorter than needed post I am not even going to waste my time extending this longer than it needs to by rebutting your entirely overdone off-point rebuttal, you obviously didn't pay attention.
You missed the majority of the point......

Maybe you get called out as a VIP because you specifically "stated" here and in other posts you were a VIP, I guess because it makes you feel better about yourself, just before berating someone else as if you are now a forum GOD with an almighty know-it-all voice of authority.

I had previously looked at your other posts and you have been fairly helpful over the course of the past six months, and the thanks you have received indicate how helpful you have been.

I too hate that I am involved in an off topic discussion, and I figured you would at least get the point to not be so heavy handed to the fanboys or newbies with your new found AUTHORITY/POWER!!! It is because of fanboys that these forums exist in the first place just as you are a fanboy of your beloved Touch Pro as you often state in your posts, sometimes off-topic. Let ye who has never gone off-topic cast the first stone.

You obviously couldn't wait for the POWER!!!! Quoting you from another post....

"I'll be on here a little later trying to acheive my VIP status. haha
I only have like 60 more to go.
Hopefully I'll be able to join ya there sometime today/tomorrow. "

My whole point from the beginning was I was nicely stating don't be an A$$ to the other "lesser" members, even if their input is all of switch to X carrier. If you want to be a good VIP inform these mortals to just elaborate on their statement without berating them. This is your role.

And ummm.. <Cough> also came from XDA almost 3 years ago <cough>
/also visit other ppc sites. (More than 7).

/Done with you
you know, I had a big thing here that would only keep it going.
look at my posts on this thread since my last response to you about how they should elaborate more so than just stating that, then I would consider it a valid response. Otherwise, it's just as off topic as this.

One thing I just wanted to comment on though, the only reason I mentioned the vip thing(which wasn't even in this thread) was because the person before me did, and stated something to me about becoming a vip, so I mentioned something to him about that.
Only time I mention being a vip, other than in this stupid argument.

Lastly. 99.9% of the stuff I say, I say out of fun, to get laughter. You may read it and not pick up on that, as everyone has a different sense of humor, but 99.9% of the stuff I say in my entire life is sarcastic.
so lets all just relax now and put this stupid argument to an end.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Just a quick update - my area supposedly switched from Alltel to Verizon this past weekend. Everything works fine. Data/text messaging/voice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
Just a quick update - my area supposedly switched from Alltel to Verizon this past weekend. Everything works fine. Data/text messaging/voice.
Sweetness, good to hear.
But have you swapped to a verizon plan?
Or still on your alltel plan?
just wondering.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

Midnght_J is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J

I just activated a alltel 6800 on the VZW and i had to be transfered to the Advanced Conversion team For the alltel to VZW i had to program in the MDN, MSID Home SIDand the NID #1. That was it i am good to go all features work. So if u r told dif just asked to be transfered to the Advanced Team. And all my alltel plan features have stayed the same and our bill droped 10 bucks. Now my wifes bb not so enjoying the change but its good to go now as well. Hope it helps.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Sweetness, good to hear.
But have you swapped to a verizon plan?
Or still on your alltel plan?
just wondering.

Stayed on my Alltel plan. Actually, our bill went down because their (b.s.) fees are less than Alltels' and I'm eligible for a higher corporate/employee discount (with the company I work for) w/ Verizon. Their Alltel discount was considerably less.

Last edited by ksg; 08-12-2009 at 03:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion