PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
anyone know what this sprint eft thing is about?

http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/...640/copyv2.jpg

I got an email with this, what is it and what basically does it mean?

(if anyone can decipher the legal crap)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sprint ETF Class Action Notice

Just got this from Sprint:

Also, the official Claim Site is http://www.sprintetfsettlement.com

Last edited by basilray; 08-11-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mongul> touch > diamond > touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ezln0423
Early Termination Fee Legal Notice‏

I just got this email from sprint this morning. whats the deal anyways
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copyv2.jpg (118.7 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Early Termination Fee Legal Notice‏

I got it too. I guess if you canceled within that time frame and were illegally charged an ETF, then you are entitled to part of the settlement.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Just got one as well. I think mlin is correct. Anyone charged an ETF between Jan 1 1999 to Dec 31 2008 is allowed access to a piece of the settlement or something?

The settlement was for like 14mil, and the amount of people who canceled their account has got to be far greater than that. I think people will be getting a 3 cent refund or something

What I want to know now is if the ETF is waved for everyone from now on. Can I get out of my contract at any time now? Will this increase our monthly charge? And will companies like AT&T and Verizon start following this same rule?
------------------

Oh here we go, people who canceled between that time frame get 90 bucks:http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...for-customers/

Remember all the hoopla about Sprint’s ETF and the lawsuit it was facing because of their policy? Well, as a result of the proposed settlement that is likely to move forward, it looks like anyone who started and subsequently ended a contract with Sprint between July 1999 and December 2008 is looking at some cash. All you have to do is show proof that you canceled during that time window and paid an ETF, and you’ll be getting $90 for your troubles. Of course, $90 is probably nowhere near what you had to pay to get out of contract and it’s hardly a consolation for all the heartache you had to go through, but it’s better than nothing. In the event you stuck with Sprint during that time period in order to avoid the ETF, you get $35. All you have to do now is deal with the paperwork and process of going through all this stuff and that green will find its way into your pockets.

^^^If I file a claim for the 35, does that mean my account gets canceled?^^^

----
edit again: I see that's from jan 11th though. wtf

Last edited by chronster; 08-11-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: anyone know what this sprint eft thing is about?

Basic, If you got hit with an "early termination fee" you can get some of your money back, according to your tag, you are still with Sprint so I would not worry about it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

What if I canceled a line on my account, but also maintained two active lines?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
What if I canceled a line on my account, but also maintained two active lines?
If you did it during that time frame, I say go ahead and file and see if you qualify for the settlement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

The nice thing about this is that it effectively means that ETFs may be a thing of the past.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
The nice thing about this is that it effectively means that ETFs may be a thing of the past.
i was just talking to sprint rep thats high up and she said it is now, there just not saying much about it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion