PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Raped by Verizon.

I'm pretty sure you're at least allowed to break your contract now, without having to pay a penalty, since you are impacted negatively financially with them not providing the service that you originally contracted to (gps included in your monthy fees vs having to pay extra).
Old 07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

ROMs don't make a difference... I still love how people think that.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

lol no joke.
This is ridiculous.
I won't let them do that to my TP.
well all I'll do is flash it to verizon.
sucks that the diamond doesn't have a verizon rom yet....
sorry to hear this broseph.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All i can say is VZW is a blood thirsty sucking leeches!!
Glad I moved to Sprint with SERO ($30/month) loving it since then and never want to switch back to VZW.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

ugh
ffs does every vzw help topic have to become oh you wouldn't have to deal with this if you were with sprint?
The OP asked for help. If the only thing you're gonna say is well if you were with sprint, don't say it. If you don't have nothing to contribute to helping the OP, don't respond.
Gah this is ridiculous every single time??? I mean come on! This isn't an elementary school for sprint v. verizon. Users come needing help, not asking to switch, not asking what this company does over the other.
Leave the politics out for goodness sakes [/rant]

back on topic
did any of the suggestions I gave you work? If not I would call vzw wireless to see if there isn't an issue with your line
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

bmxmike is a n00b

Alltel phones should work on verizon and I would suggest updating your contract with Alltel cause you can keep Alltel up to 2012 I think(thats what I'm doing) So your Alltel phone will work anyways. Verizon has no good data plan is why I'm staying for the price of my account now I would get same features but instead of unlimited data I would only get 5gb. So I would suggest to update your contract if you like them you'll still get same service as if you had verizon just must better plan!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I don't think plan is the issue its the phone not receiving vzw towers
I will ask did you change the prl to a vzw prl then try a *228 provision?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

How would i go about activating an alltel diamond on my verizon account?
I called a while ago wondering if it was possible and the person said no, yet i know theres a way to do it. Could someone link me to a post? i searched and couldnt find anything on the alltel diamond to verizon
Old 07-04-2009, 12:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

proslasher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I've been through something similar. I had an alltel touch pro converted to verizon. It may seem like a hassle but I have to ask have you been able to make/receive calls on any device? Like a verizon device or alltel device? Did you update the prl to match a verizon prl, eri, and dmu?
Finally if you did all that, is it your line? My phone cannot get past 1x because evdo won't authenticate on the device (actually on ALL of my phones). It could be quite a few things but try and convert that alltel phone to verizon by adding the prl, eri, and stuff...it could help
I'm not converting it... They converted for me.

I had this alltel phone on the alltel network. Because of the merger and I'm in the Norfolk, VA Market, our markets have merged, and I'm now officially Verizon.

Yes.. I've tried everything. They want me to go to their phone because it's more money for them. (They get to change my plan too if i go to their phone)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint!~ just saying...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion