PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Difference between Bestbuy purchase and direct Sprint purchase

I have some questions regarding the difference between the two places selling the touch pro for sprint network. As many of you may know, BestBuy has recently sold the touch pro for 199 and many people have jumped the gun to purchase this phone. (i was one of them).

Now the problem arrises here. i purchase the phone through best buy, but i need to return the phone because of the chrome paint falling off. sprint says that they can't do the replacement because i purchased from bestbuy. doesn't bestbuy purchases these phones from sprint? why can't sprint do the exchange? they said something about being through a different system.

i've posted a ecare letter that i recieved here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=177

The next nearest bestbuy that sold this phone to me is 50 miles away. i was able to go because it was on the way when my family went on a vacation trip (since we drove).

If i continue to contact sprint regarding this issue, would i be able to push them to do something about it?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cynicalslacker is becoming a great contributor
Re: Difference between Bestbuy purchase and direct Sprint purchase

i kind of agree with sprint, you purchased the phone from best buy so you should do the exchange with them. Its like buying a Sony 50 inch lcd from circuit city but it dies. Do you really expect to take this tv to best buy to get a replacement? even though they have the same brand/model tv.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Lurker

bahayman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bahayman Send a message via Skype™ to bahayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalslacker View Post
i kind of agree with sprint, you purchased the phone from best buy so you should do the exchange with them. Its like buying a Sony 50 inch lcd from circuit city but it dies. Do you really expect to take this tv to best buy to get a replacement? even though they have the same brand/model tv.
the difference in this case is that bestbuy buys the phones from sprint and then resales them so sprint is like the manufacturer in this case so they should be the ones replacing it.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:56 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahayman View Post
the difference in this case is that bestbuy buys the phones from sprint and then resales them so sprint is like the manufacturer in this case so they should be the ones replacing it.
exactly, thanks for clarifying.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sp0nge is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sp0nge Send a message via MSN to sp0nge Send a message via Yahoo to sp0nge Send a message via Skype™ to sp0nge

Its about individual store inventory. If a phone isn't sold out of a store inventory, it cant be returned there. Best Buy is considered a 3rd party retailer. All warranty issues have to be handled there.

Last edited by sp0nge; 01-21-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

btw, so after the first 30 days of the purchase, would sprint be the one that would be replacing the phone due to manufacture defect?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
btw, so after the first 30 days of the purchase, would sprint be the one that would be replacing the phone due to manufacture defect?
If the phone is defective after the 30 days

1) if you have BB insurance, they most likely replace the phone for you. If not, you can send it out to manufacture( i'm thinking maybe utstarcom but not sure) and have it looked it.

or

2) Bring it to sprint repair center to have them look at it. And if the phone happens to be a defect, they probably going to exchange one they got from a return(if they have one), depending how nice they are. If not, they probably gonna send it out.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
I have some questions regarding the difference between the two places selling the touch pro for sprint network. As many of you may know, BestBuy has recently sold the touch pro for 199 and many people have jumped the gun to purchase this phone. (i was one of them).

Now the problem arrises here. i purchase the phone through best buy, but i need to return the phone because of the chrome paint falling off. sprint says that they can't do the replacement because i purchased from bestbuy. doesn't bestbuy purchases these phones from sprint? why can't sprint do the exchange? they said something about being through a different system.

i've posted a ecare letter that i recieved here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=177

The next nearest bestbuy that sold this phone to me is 50 miles away. i was able to go because it was on the way when my family went on a vacation trip (since we drove).

If i continue to contact sprint regarding this issue, would i be able to push them to do something about it?

I just did the same thing... I bought mine at BB and after countless issues... eg. Paint Chipping, Phone SO hot it burned a dark spot in the screen, gps lag, un-responsive screen. I called retentions and told them that the closest sprint store was 2 hours away and that I wanted a replacement phone. The guy at sprint told me he would waive the $50 claim and that he guaranteed a new one would be sent from insurance. SO I went ahead with the claim and got a brand new one. Even though I got my phone from BB.

If you want somthing done "talk to retentions"
Old 01-21-2009, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

neoshi is just getting started

wait, so TEP is basically useless then if we bought from bestbuy? what rubbish!

edit: oooh.. you DO NOT have TEP.. nvm

Last edited by neoshi; 01-21-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshi View Post
wait, so TEP is basically useless then if we bought from bestbuy? what rubbish!

edit: oooh.. you DO NOT have TEP.. nvm
TEP=FTW i remember when it was 4 bucks a month though for both repair and replacement, either way its well worth it, especially for the PPC's

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion