View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Difference between Bestbuy purchase and direct Sprint purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
I have some questions regarding the difference between the two places selling the touch pro for sprint network. As many of you may know, BestBuy has recently sold the touch pro for 199 and many people have jumped the gun to purchase this phone. (i was one of them).

Now the problem arrises here. i purchase the phone through best buy, but i need to return the phone because of the chrome paint falling off. sprint says that they can't do the replacement because i purchased from bestbuy. doesn't bestbuy purchases these phones from sprint? why can't sprint do the exchange? they said something about being through a different system.

i've posted a ecare letter that i recieved here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=177

The next nearest bestbuy that sold this phone to me is 50 miles away. i was able to go because it was on the way when my family went on a vacation trip (since we drove).

If i continue to contact sprint regarding this issue, would i be able to push them to do something about it?

I just did the same thing... I bought mine at BB and after countless issues... eg. Paint Chipping, Phone SO hot it burned a dark spot in the screen, gps lag, un-responsive screen. I called retentions and told them that the closest sprint store was 2 hours away and that I wanted a replacement phone. The guy at sprint told me he would waive the $50 claim and that he guaranteed a new one would be sent from insurance. SO I went ahead with the claim and got a brand new one. Even though I got my phone from BB.

If you want somthing done "talk to retentions"