PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 5GB internet cap

Does this apply to Sero accounts aswell?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Does this apply to Sero accounts aswell?
From what I hear, it will apply to "Simply Everything"...even employee plans...

Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
lets use a bit of common sense... lets just say for instance that it was only intended for broadband cards... dont you think if they decide to limit data cards from goin over 5 gigs, why the freak would they allow cell phones to do it? especially when data cards are the ones who use up the most data by far?? not a very good hypothesis maggyban

-its like saying the speed limit for cars is 60 mph, but then you see a bunch of golf-carts on the highway going 99mph and the police jus turn their cheeks the other way..
Well seeing as golf carts cant go 60mph not a very good example. PPC/Cells phone data is WAY different then a data card...the average user wont use the ppc for teathering so why not just cap the data cards? Capping data cards would make sense seeing as their sole purpose is for internet access and the point of a ppc is office on the go...no one will be able to use 5gb a month via a ppc unless you include teathering then there MIGHT be a slight chance of overage. I have never used more then 200 or 300mb a month on my ppc if that. I dont know what the big deal is. No one will go over 5gb unless you are DL HUGE files. Plus folks with SERO shouldn't complain since its FREE.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started

Why all the emphasis on "browsing and light email" as if that's some kind of standard? I haven't used a phone for "browsing and light email" in years. I use SlingPlayer, listen to baseball games via streaming audio, browsing, two email accounts, IM....I do all kinds of things...with the phone. No tethering. I don't know if I exceed 5gb a month but it's pretty irritating to think that now I have to count bytes. Assuming it matters if you're not tethering. I've heard it doesn't but this is Sprint, I don't trust them any further than I can throw them.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
actually it doesn't affect employee plans sir, but it does with sero
Quote:
Originally Posted by steps View Post
Well seeing as golf carts cant go 60mph not a very good example. PPC/Cells phone data is WAY different then a data card...the average user wont use the ppc for teathering so why not just cap the data cards? Capping data cards would make sense seeing as their sole purpose is for internet access and the point of a ppc is office on the go...no one will be able to use 5gb a month via a ppc unless you include teathering then there MIGHT be a slight chance of overage. I have never used more then 200 or 300mb a month on my ppc if that. I dont know what the big deal is. No one will go over 5gb unless you are DL HUGE files. Plus folks with SERO shouldn't complain since its FREE.
my point DID make sense if you wanna really get into it, technically if you "tether" a golf cart then one could get it to go 99mph- sorry you didn't really catch the sarcasm but regardless you COMPLETELY missed the whole point in my post.. my POINT was that regardless of whether its a freakin data card or an effin power vision phone, they don't want you going over 5 gigs.. no exceptions, if golf carts "were" able to go 99mph then the speed limit WOULD apply to them as well; yall really trip me out sometimes i swear

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy

actually it doesn't affect employee plans sir, but it does with sero
That was my wager actually...I'll bet you .5GB of data that's what it will be until they decide to give it all back.
Like MMS is coming again...soon...My rep was blindsided by me questioning him about it. Even when he called his boss in sprintland. "Uhh...that was just a memo...we haven't even had a meeting on it yet..."
Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, Touch Pro (upgraded) vogue (upgraded)
Carrier: Sprint

maggyban is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
lets use a bit of common sense... lets just say for instance that it was only intended for broadband cards... dont you think if they decide to limit data cards from goin over 5 gigs, why the freak would they allow cell phones to do it? especially when data cards are the ones who use up the most data by far?? not a very good hypothesis maggyban

-its like saying the speed limit for cars is 60 mph, but then you see a bunch of golf-carts on the highway going 99mph and the police jus turn their cheeks the other way..
Response appreciated. I am not here to argue with others.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

Did it occur to anybody that either
a) future data plans sold by sprint will be a new code in their system and will have the cap, or
b) Simply Everything plans will be the only plans sold anymore with truly unlimited internet?

You know, like add the code for unlimited internet to be SP15DATA5GB and no longer sell SP15DATAUNL (yes, I know that's not the code)
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 05-22-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

This may be off topic, but this could be why when i called them about paying for tethering they told me it was not available for the simply everything plan as of yet. it will be ready on june 16th with a $15 charge instead of $40
Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

okashira is a n00b

Wow, guess im the exeption to you guys.

according to my usage, im at 40.2 GB for the cycle, with well over a week left.

I typically get ~210 KB/s sustained dl speeds, that means I can max out the monthly cap in just 7 hours.

i must be one of those abusive users sprint's targetting...

time for a big change, heh.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion