PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, Touch Pro (upgraded) vogue (upgraded)
Carrier: Sprint

maggyban is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 5GB internet cap

I don't believe this applies to PPC/cellphone type data usage. This is for broadband datacard usage.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggyban View Post
I don't believe this applies to PPC/cellphone type data usage. This is for broadband datacard usage.
This applies to tethering as well, not just datacard usage...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula

Dear Mr. Patel,

Thank you for responding to the commercial featuring Dan Hesse, the new CEO for Sprint.

The 5 GB cap for internet usage will be in effect on 7/13/2008. I apologize for this inconveience. We do try to provide quality products for our customers. If you have any further concerns, please respond to this email.

Thank you for you time and understanding.

Sincerely,
Erin S.
Sprint
(757) 223-3289
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Lurker

sc10000 is a n00b

Apparently 'simply everything' includes changing the definition of 'unlimited'.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggyban View Post
lets use a bit of common sense... lets just say for instance that it was only intended for broadband cards... dont you think if they decide to limit data cards from goin over 5 gigs, why the freak would they allow cell phones to do it? especially when data cards are the ones who use up the most data by far?? not a very good hypothesis maggyban

-its like saying the speed limit for cars is 60 mph, but then you see a bunch of golf-carts on the highway going 99mph and the police jus turn their cheeks the other way..

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 05-22-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

35mm is just getting started

Arg, 9 days into my billing cycle and I am close to 2 gigs. Going to have to use wifi to dl podcasts from now on.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Lurker

ydeeznutz is a n00b

Guys, guys, guys, i seriously dont know where you are getting your information. Internal email or not. I work directly with the development team for plans and upcoming phones with sprint (internally) no, dont hate on me or ask me random questions, but i can assure you that this is NOT true. In fact next month in June we are having all new plans and getting rid of a lot of power pack plans, but the data is still and will remain unlimited. So do not fret.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Yeah, guys, I'm Dan Hesse, and I can assure you that I would never do this to you. As a matter of fact, when WiMax comes out, you'll all get free WiMax phones, just for expressing your concerns.

Not trying to be too big a d***, ydeeznutz, but anyone can say anything on the internet, and with your screenname and 3 posts, it makes it tough to take your word for it when people are posting conversations they've had with eCare claiming you are wrong.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 05-22-2008, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

I use my phone about 6 hours everyday at work for streaming music + video. I checked my sprint account and I used close to 500 mb just last night, I'm screwed.

I've never considered carrying 2 phones but maybe this might be my best solution.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:16 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So I just read every post got mad and called Sprint account services 1-877-668-3761. They say its true. I told them that it was unacceptable I have the Simply Everything plan and 5gb is not Everything is more like Some of.
She assured me that it was true but I shouldn't worry because I will have a hard time reaching the cap. I said well what if I do (made the not everything its some of argument again) and she said if I did go over I wouldn't be charged.
Now it honestly has nothing to do with how much data I use or don't use, I just am a firm believer in I should get what I pay for. I didn't sign on for the Simply 5gb a month plan now did I.

Wonder why she told me if I did go over I wouldn't be charged? This sounded shady..So........
Called right back a second time different number 1-877-345-7895 spoke to a different CR and they assured me that they're not putting on a 5gb cap and that the interweb was unlimited. How can we just release the Simply Everything plan then cap it she asked. Uhh I don't know thats why I called you and I got nothing more out of that call.

My post voids itself. +1 for its true +1 for its not.
Sprint customer representatives your #1 misinformation station.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-22-2008 at 08:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion