PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

MogulMongler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If you're waiting until 10/01 to buy a 4G device on SERO

I'm at work, but got a chance to call and the woman I spoke to said, that this was false, & that I would need to get off the SERO plan, and get the $70 data plan. BLAH!

I'll try again later, just certainly sucks that when you call Sprint, not everyone is on the same page. & if people are talking about on this forum, & it's worked for some....than wth ?
Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just think that lady you spoke with either didn't know what they hell she was talking about, or she was trying to get you out of your grandfathered legacy plan. it's already been confirmed that the change is happening in 2 weeks. there are links to different sites (including sprint) here in the forums.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

noreboy is a n00b

So to get the phone early at discount, you would have to renew your contract, correct? I'm currently out of contract and going month to month on my F&F Sero 500 plan. I would love to get this phone this week, but at the same time, I do not want to deal with the hassle of customer service giving me a hard time to switch my plan on 10/1because Sprint already has me locked in on a contract.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I would wait. That's what im going to do. Who knows if there will be problems switching cause of all the dummies at sprint.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LakersEB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I would wait. That's what im going to do. Who knows if there will be problems switching cause of all the dummies at sprint.
Agreed, just wish I had a sprint store in town...either that or 10/1/10 wasn't a Friday... Will they ship overnight with delivery on Saturday?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
truth mirror

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I dont think so. Probably be Monday or Tuesday if you get the order done in the first half of the day.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

I have SERO 500 and ordered my phone on Sunday, got my Epic 4G yesterday.

As soon as I got it, I turned on Airplane mode and paired with my Wifi, and have been playing with it since.

So far so good! I checked my account and i'm still showing a SERO 500 plan. I'll try activating next week and see if it prompts me to setup SERO Premium.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Hey mykie, did you order your phone through telesales, or just over sprint.com?

I recently got my parents switched from VZW to Sprint EPRP, and they got an Epic and an Evo. So, I have been going to their house several nights this week to test drive the phones. LOL.
The Epic is a sweet phone, it feels like its faster than the EVO. The display is a helluva lot sharper and crisper. I would say the Epic has the best diasplay I have ever seen on a phone.

But, The EVO is nice in the fact that it feels built like a tank, and has the larger screen. You wouldn't think that .6 or so bigger screen seems that big but it is.

Right now, I am stuck between them...dunno which I will end up with. The Epic is really badass though. Had it a screen as big as the Evo, I would snap it up with a quickness.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
truth mirror

Saw the epic. Still like the evo better. Been using it since launch day with no major problems.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I guess if you could get rid of the HTC touchflo (or whatever they call it for Android) the Evo maybe a bit faster. When I did a side-by-side comparison of the same exact apps on my Moms Epic and Dads Evo, the Epic was always slightly faster. Even though they are the same exact hardware, the Epic just seems to run faster to me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion