PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO to allow other phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
you do understand he says sero will be able to upgrade to a premium plan right? he never confirmed the rumor of 10$ plus 10$ he just said change of plan if you read it.
this is a good point but currently the faq on his site details how to change your sero plan to get other devices- i.e. "upgrade" to the everything plus so I am hoping he is referring to another "upgrade"
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I have been following a similar thread on sprintusers.com as well, and went to check on it today and SU is down and appears to be hacked and/or they let their domain name expire!
Domain didnt expire:

Domain Name: SPRINTUSERS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.THEARIYES.COM
Name Server: NS2.THEARIYES.COM
Updated Date: 30-jul-2010
Creation Date: 13-jan-2002
Expiration Date: 13-jan-2011
Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bsmoove386 is keeping up the good workbsmoove386 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
Haha am I the only one that got the SERO1250?

If this is all true (and I am believing it sounds likely) my plan might be worth quite a lot...
i have that plan too...i luv it im scared I want the Evo but i cant give up my plan

Customize your keyboard to do other things thanks to Tarkim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240
Old 08-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

This little tid bit of rumor has me chomping at the bit. I would love to see SERO folks get some love " I would be interested in paying an extra $10 for an android device, heck I might even be interested in paying the $10 extra fee plus the $10 Evo "Coolness" tax

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Looks like sero stock is rising lol. Well if you don't need more than two lines.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Heh, I'm still loving my 2 SERO lines! Somehow I even managed to get a corporate discount on my plan. My company does a 20% discount. I figured, hell I may as well try.. so I submitted for it. I ended up getting it. So essentially, the discount covers the cost of my insurance plan on both lines.
I have even attached a screen grab proving it:

If it ever becomes available for me to add a newer android phone for a few bucks extra a month, I would jump all over that. But for now, even the EVO isnt cool enough for me to drop such a cheap plan.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Nice discount. I had a discount on mine before but sprint took it off and wouldn't put it back. Still cheap though. Maybe I'll try again lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OMGWTFBBQ. latest...

Update 7/29

Russ McGuire (V.P. Strategy, Sprint) In replying to a question on his blog, McGuire's Law, responds [mcguireslaw.com] to a question from a sprintusers.com poster about impending changes to SERO,

"# mdb Says:
August 1st, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Hi Russ,

Thank you for being so gracious to answer all of our questions. Your responses have been very helpful to us all, and there is some debate as to exactly what the conversation between you and user Elliott on July 28th means for SERO users.

Specifically, does the opportunity for SERO users to switch plans on October 1 provide SERO users the opportunity to upgrade to a plan that would;
Cost $10 more ($40/month for users of the $30 F&F SERO 500 users)
Include Any Mobile Anytime
Include Text Messaging
Include Navigation
Allow the addition of iconic devices (including the HTC EVO and Epic) for the $10 “iconic device” usage fee.

Whether you’re able to divulge this information, I am not sure, but it will save internet posters and your call centers time and trouble through speculation.

I appreciate your time and trouble, and would definitely enjoy hearing any specific information you can provide.

Thank you.
# Russ Says:
August 1st, 2010 at 7:01 pm

@mdb, I just passed along your question and the answer back was “yes on all counts”. (I think there’s another $10 charge for the EVO on top of the premium charge, but I could be wrong.) Good news?"

Seems as though the rumor is confirmed. On 10/1 Android will be available for SERO users
Last edited by beancntr; Yesterday at 08:22 PM..

Score one and all for sero holders. Screw you haters. http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2136974
Old 08-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Linux Administrator

Thats F'in great news! Now, is there any way to confirm that this is his actual blog?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
you do understand he says sero will be able to upgrade to a premium plan right? he never confirmed the rumor of 10$ plus 10$ he just said change of plan if you read it.
1. Huh? You have it wrong. He is clearly saying. $10 more for "iconic" 3g and $20 more for "iconic 4g" while keeping SERO. He does confirm it, in fact he says he double checked with the people putting together the change and confirms it.

2. Many other reps have confirmed it. the only people ever denying that a change was going to be made for SERO are low level reps, which incidentally always get upcoming sprint changes wrong.

On top of that it makes sense. Sprint has been having trouble even given the latest quarterly report. If you look at the numbers they are falling further behind in smartphone market share -- even with the last quarters improvements

Last edited by rdm; 08-02-2010 at 10:48 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero