PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shotcalla is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: SERO to allow other phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcalla View Post
How did you do this? i've tried in the past....no dice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
Call *2 or employee services.
I've tried in the past= Calling *2 and employee services....thnx though
Old 07-29-2010, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor
Re: SERO to allow other phones

bump,

just trying to follow this thread, as it is moving around so much..

beers
Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post
bump,

just trying to follow this thread, as it is moving around so much..

beers
It appears SERO will also get the special pricing. Since 2 years has come and now everyone is out of contract and ready to go to another carrier they will get us to sign up for another 2 years. Since most people heard about SERO online it makes sense this rumor is online.

Of course I could be totally wrong and they say you can upgrade to the $60 plan and act like it is something cool.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

but that would be a bump to the 60 buck plan + 10 bucks for the super duper android hardware. .

i just cant justify more than doubling the price of my plan just for an os. as i usually use less than 100 min a month ~ 200 txts. and not huge data.

beers
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been following a similar thread on sprintusers.com as well, and went to check on it today and SU is down and appears to be hacked and/or they let their domain name expire!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post
but that would be a bump to the 60 buck plan + 10 bucks for the super duper android hardware. .

i just cant justify more than doubling the price of my plan just for an os. as i usually use less than 100 min a month ~ 200 txts. and not huge data.

beers
+1 on what you said. since i've had the SERO account, i've used up around 15 minutes out of my free minutes, barely any data at all and maybe 1 or 2 text. so more doubling the monthly price that i would pay just to get an android phone on this line that i use as an emergency back up is not feasible.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I spent some time looking around today- it looks like this rumor might end up being true- check the sero thread on sprintusers and on slickdeals- they both reference a statement made by russ mcguire (a sprint VP)- see here for his comments (scroll down the page)
Code:
#  Russ Says:
July 28th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Elliot,

I’ve heard that existing SERO customers will be able to upgrade to a premium plan that will allow upgrading to iconic devices. I haven’t heard the same for F&F, so doubt that one’s true. More info should be coming at sprint.com/everythingplus soon.

Note - this will only be for existing SERO customers.

Russ
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
I spent some time looking around today- it looks like this rumor might end up being true- check the sero thread on sprintusers and on slickdeals- they both reference a statement made by russ mcguire (a sprint VP)- see here for his comments (scroll down the page)
Code:
#  Russ Says:
July 28th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Elliot,

I’ve heard that existing SERO customers will be able to upgrade to a premium plan that will allow upgrading to iconic devices. I haven’t heard the same for F&F, so doubt that one’s true. More info should be coming at sprint.com/everythingplus soon.

Note - this will only be for existing SERO customers.

Russ
looks like its looking more and more promising for SERO customers. its good if this happens...but i, personally, am not sure if i will upgrade my SERO to get an android for the fact that it's strictly a back up phone for account/line for me. kind of a waste to have a powerful device on a line that i really barely use.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you do understand he says sero will be able to upgrade to a premium plan right? he never confirmed the rumor of 10$ plus 10$ he just said change of plan if you read it.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I have been following a similar thread on sprintusers.com as well, and went to check on it today and SU is down and appears to be hacked and/or they let their domain name expire!
Yes! I hope they die! DIE DIE DIE! They deserve to die!

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero