PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC PRO > EVO on SERO Plan

I would be sooooooo angry if this is really true. As well as many other people here. Yes, they will make some money selling new devices , but at the cost of upsetting a ton of customers.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: SERO to allow other phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
i hope sprint lets this happen i hate my tp2, then again im still on stock rom and i HATE IT. shits so buggy and freezy
im still running stock and not having any problems as far as freezing and being buggy. do you have a lot of messages (text/emails) you're keeping in your phone?

but on to the topic at hand. it would be good if this would trickle down to SERO plans.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

This has nothing to do with sero... they are changing this for swac & advantage accounts as I got the email myself. And they are actually RAISING the price on advantage accounts starting in October so why in the world would they be doing that and then losing money by allowing more phones on cheaper plans? Not gonna happen.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

I don't understand why you guys would be u[set or angry. YOU chose to get rid of your SERO plan because you wanted a better phone. Just because people who stuck with their SERO plan now will have something better coming, why be mad when we stuck around with it. It's stupid, no offense. If you liked your SERO plan so much, you should have never got rid of it, period.

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 07-22-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Crossova is just getting started

OK I just called Sprint, as JUST called and i was inquiring about a credit being applied to my account if i decided to turn in my SERO account for an SEP. The rep said that that offer was no longer available other than through retentions but that since we were on the subject he would like to mention that as of Oct the SERO plans will be revamped to be include phones such as the HERO, Moment and EVO 4g. the EVO 4G will be an extra $20/mo. because it add Sprint Nav and the "premium" data that is usually associated with owning that phone anyway, all other phones would just be an extra $10/ mo. so it looks like ill be hanging on to my TP2 till Oct!

If you dont believe then feel free to call like i did. i didnt even ask directly about it, just about upgrading in general and the rep was nice enough to share that info.

The touch pro is like waking up to a super model, and shes just waiting there whispering in your ear vs the mogul being some fugly chick that wakes you up with constant irregularly timed snoring
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imitchely is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I would be sooooooo angry if this is really true. As well as many other people here. Yes, they will make some money selling new devices , but at the cost of upsetting a ton of customers.
This is exactly what I was talking about.. Nothing against you Ace, but it seems like most are envious of those who kept Sero plans! Whats funny about this whole thing is the fact that Sero was never supposed to have restrictions! They wanted to increase subscriptions so they offered discount plans to family and friends. After they hooked people they tried to limit the availible phones so people would leave sero but stay with Sprint. The funny thing is.... Alot of people jumped ship for Android and now they dont think its fair to let Sero have access to all phones? I find this funny because they would be all for this change if they were still on Sero... Also... The restrictions placed on Sero were a joke anyways! Im done ranting... Have a nice day everyone..
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

lol ores lives
Old 07-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
This has nothing to do with sero... they are changing this for swac & advantage accounts as I got the email myself. And they are actually RAISING the price on advantage accounts starting in October so why in the world would they be doing that and then losing money by allowing more phones on cheaper plans? Not gonna happen.
Yes, everyone is aware of the EVO for SWAC email. However, apparently individuals have checked with Reps who have confirmed the restrictions for SERO will be lifted as well. The alternative possibility is that all these reps (there have been several "confirmation" posts) are confused and it is only the SWAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneNews Article comments
bottomline on July 22nd, 2010, 11:33 am
@ Don Louie
Yes! I spoke to a Sprint supervisor a few days ago & he said it would apply to all legacy plans, starting october 1st. Unfortunately, because Sprint has not made an official announcement yet, he couldnt notate it to my account. Apparently, its just a matter of time.
This is a good resource too. http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/07...ober-1st-2010/
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

In before close
Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Old plans and sero are the same right? i mean if they did this for Sero they would have to do it for the older LEG plans............

There are many more people on those anyway then on sero but if this does happen i beleieve it will be all plans and just not sero and the SWAC plans.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero