PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

I don’t agree with whoever said WebOS is better, Palm is just about dead. The Android is killing Palm. In fact, you don’t hear much about WebOS anymore ever since Verizon jumped to the Droid phones. What this shows is phone makers shouldn’t do exclusive contract with carriers. If the iPhone was open to every carrier, I can tell you right now half the people at my work would’ve jumped to iPhone because our job reimburses us only for VZW.

I’ll bet in another year, the market for smartphones will be between iPhone and Android with WinMo and WebOS having an ever shrinking footprint.

Now, on to another subject, I don’t like people calling me a troll for daring to ask questions. You shouldn’t let your biases get in the way of progress. My first smartphone was the O2 XDA II made my HTC a while back and I’ve had PPC’s back in the days when they were clam shall mini computers with B&W screens and it was called Windows CE back than.

Let the best technology win.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Had to post on this... OP is an idiot and troll.

Don't like being called a troll? You came to a TP2 forum saying iPhone is better. Now, search this forum for iPhone and you'll learn your lession without posting.

WinMo is ****in light years ahead of Android and iPhone OS. Yea it's got an ugly gui that requires a stylus (if you dont have any replacements), but that isn't all the OS is, and it's people like you that are ignorant enough to say shit sucks because why? Because your best friend, who intimidates you in every way got an iPhone and says WinMo sucks?

Fact is an OS is there to provide API structure, interopability, process management, resource management etc... Please read wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system) before making idiotic posts not knowing wtf you are saying.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I swear, I don't think any of you have actually used an iPhone for an amount of time longer than a glance at the electronics store. I had the iPhone 3G the day it came out for about 6 months last year before coming to Sprint, trust me, its WAYYYYYYYYYY better than WinMo. The only reason I switched is because ATT had 3G issues in my area and the price of ATT service was not worth it.

Now if Sprint was able to get the iPhone and I can put it on Sero, I'll jump in a heartbeat. Even if I had to pay twice the price of my Sero, the iPhone is still worth it. Yes, its that much better. The only thing I didn't like is Apple has too much control, but you can jailbreak it and tell Apple to go screw themselves. I hate Apple with a passion, but I have to admit the iPhone rocks!
Don't take this the wrong way, because I am not trying to sound like a douche, I am simply saying, if you like iphone so much you should just stick with AT&T regardless.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
Had to post on this... OP is an idiot and troll.

Don't like being called a troll? You came to a TP2 forum saying iPhone is better. Now, search this forum for iPhone and you'll learn your lession without posting.

WinMo is ****in light years ahead of Android and iPhone OS. Yea it's got an ugly gui that requires a stylus (if you dont have any replacements), but that isn't all the OS is, and it's people like you that are ignorant enough to say shit sucks because why? Because your best friend, who intimidates you in every way got an iPhone and says WinMo sucks?

Fact is an OS is there to provide API structure, interopability, process management, resource management etc... Please read wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system) before making idiotic posts not knowing wtf you are saying.
I come on the TP2 because I have a TP2 you jerk. What do you want me to do, go on a iphone forum to discuss my TP2? Your just a sorry hater. I’m also a member of XDA way before I even joined ppcgeeks, should I quit that too to make you happy?

I’m sorry, but the majority if you jerks on here are nothing but haters. Its like Steve Jobs personally raped you or something. I’m telling you, I’ve the biggest Apple hater you can get, but I am not going to be blind and pretend the iPhone isn’t good when it is. I know most of you people on here belong to VZW or Sprint and have no choice but to stick to WinMo. Half of you people would’ve jumped to the iPhone if given a choice, I know whats up.

And the last thing, if it wasn’t for iPhone, there wouldn’t be a WinMo 6.5 or 7 coming out. We’ll still be stuck with WinMo 5 if MS didn’t have any competition.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Wanna know why the Iphone sucks is many ways?

1. Non Removeable battery
2. If you brake your Iphone, you don't have the choice of insurance, you have to buy a brand new one...$300 later or more.
3. Limited to GSM networks...no CDMA...
4. The screen is .1 inches smaller than the TP2...
5. It's made by Apple, and is exclusive only to At&t...bad move on Apple's part.
6. 12-24hrs to activate on Itunes, Winmo 30seconds to 1min...hmmm...(When phones were first released)
7. No physical keyboard...on screen blows when you have fat fingers.

I could do a laundry list....but It would offend the Apple Fanboys in this forum...

Oh, I almost forgot...how long did it take apple to implement MMS messaging...Winmo has had that for years...Sorry Apple...just a wee bit behind....and the network your on blows chunks...GSM is horrible compared to CMDA...quality wise....Whats your thoughts?
Yeah everything he said plus no free 3D GPS like I have with the Sprint TP2, no Wifi Router or tethering, no group texts or text forwarding (on some of the Iphones), and NO CUSTOM ROMS!!!...LOL
That lack of insurance thing is also a Bummer. I feel bad when I know people who have cracked their Iphone screens or dropped it in watre or lost it, only to have to pay the $300-$500 again.

If anything Android would be a better route to go by far if leaving WinMo.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

NIKKG i have no IDEA of why ur even on this site... please go back to the apple fanboy site!!!
but yeah apple iphone is good and winmo need to stop playing catchup and actually do some heavy work on their WM 7 wen it comes out!!!! but other then that i love the TP2...

so NIKKG find a apple fanboy site to say u wud choose iphone over the tp2!! Thanx
Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I got one year left on my contract, I'll wait till summer time to see if their is a new iPhone release, than I'll probably jump to it if Sprint doesn't come out with something decent. I wouldn't mind having an Android phone if Sprint will let it work on my Sero, if not, than adios Sprint.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
... Half of you people would’ve jumped to the iPhone if given a choice, I know whats up.

And the last thing, if it wasn’t for iPhone, there wouldn’t be a WinMo 6.5 or 7 coming out. We’ll still be stuck with WinMo 5 if MS didn’t have any competition.
Appreciate the dialogue NIKKG, I have to say though, if the Iphone came to Sprint I wouldn't jump. Also I do give credit to Apple making WinMo make their phones sexier and pushing out 6.5 and 7, they do get props for that.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

Quote:
I don’t agree with whoever said WebOS is better, Palm is just about dead. The Android is killing Palm. In fact, you don’t hear much about WebOS anymore ever since Verizon jumped to the Droid phones. What this shows is phone makers shouldn’t do exclusive contract with carriers. If the iPhone was open to every carrier, I can tell you right now half the people at my work would’ve jumped to iPhone because our job reimburses us only for VZW.

I’ll bet in another year, the market for smartphones will be between iPhone and Android with WinMo and WebOS having an ever shrinking footprint.

Now, on to another subject, I don’t like people calling me a troll for daring to ask questions. You shouldn’t let your biases get in the way of progress. My first smartphone was the O2 XDA II made my HTC a while back and I’ve had PPC’s back in the days when they were clam shall mini computers with B&W screens and it was called Windows CE back than.

Let the best technology win.

if u think twice abt win mo having a shrinking footprint ur wrong buddy!!! microsoft is the best there is and im sure they will come up wit something awesome...it might take some time but saying they will disappear...is like saying we never had a PC lol
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

i don't even understand the liking of the iphone anymore ... i think its inferior today to tp2 and android phones ... the only thing the iphone has hands down is the app store. plus we have dual snapdragons coming at the end of the year? iphone what?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion