PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 04:59 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Damn, those are some pretty awesome themes...
Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Damn, those are some pretty awesome themes...
yes, its really amazing what they do over there theming jailbroken iphones, theres way more and better to. Of course for people who arent into that stuff it wont be up their alley, they more impressed with something as simple as inverted manila icons or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
but to say that it's significantly easier to skin an iPhone is just ignorant as I can skin my TP2 by installing a cab or two and soft resetting...
who said it was easier??

all im saying is that from a visual standpoint, our themes/layouts/setups are mostly ugly. People here may not think so and they are entitled, but generally windows mobile users are not artfully inclined. No offense to anybody, it just kills me that as a skinner Im on the device with the most limitations on the core OS visuals. I am glad the MS is taking steps forward with 6.5.x (very easy to skin, uses png's with transparency layers) but it still has its limitations and at this point is mere babysteps as to what you can do on other OS's

once again Im talking pure visuals and eye-candy here. Not important to everybody but it really is something that bothers me

sidenote:eventhough its imitation you wont find anything like this for windows mobile that wont bring the device to a crawl. just to show a mix of eye candy and functionality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snXCC9mTvI4

Last edited by newone757; 01-15-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

Sonny_B is a n00b

no. i like the freedom in winmo
Old 01-15-2010, 05:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

slidebabyslide is becoming a great contributor

The Iphone is bad ass phone. The iphone is thin and i like that. The iphone has a glass screen and i like that also.

I like my TP2 way more then the iphone. Many reasons i like TP2, but the iphone imho has a better screen(glass). I don't hate on iphones or android. I let the haters hate because they are just jealous on phones. To each it's own.
Some people like WM some droid, apple .Different styles for different folks.

Now to answer OP's Original question. If vzw had Iphone , the only reason i would get the iphone if vzw had shitty and it was free with the option of getting insurance.

Last edited by slidebabyslide; 01-15-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The OP is a troll. Move along
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2

sacr3d is just getting started

I personally love my Touch pro 2....If you would ask me this question when I had the Touch pro, I would consider it, but still not sure if I would take an iphone.

I simply love being able to customize my phone on the fly when ever I want to. If I don't like something I can look it up. I enjoy troubleshooting issues and learning...

I've heard multiple times that people wish they had a physical keyboard on their iphone, which I love having the option between a touch keyboard/physical.

I <3 my tp2 lol
Old 01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG
If Sprint and VZW had iPhone, how many of you guys will switch? I know I’ll switch the same day without thinking twice. Its miles ahead of WinMo in every way, I’m starting to miss mines. Damn ATT.
i wouldnt goto it fulltime to save ur life! but i will have it as a toy!!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I did use iphone...made a thread to minimize iphone boredom and I was just left with a mediocre device..nice launcher but as far as what I needed to do, iphone didn't meet my needs
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

I would but I would also have my TP2 around to switch out every once in a while

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
all im saying is that from a visual standpoint, our themes/layouts/setups are mostly ugly. People here may not think so and they are entitled, but generally windows mobile users are not artfully inclined. No offense to anybody, it just kills me that as a skinner Im on the device with the most limitations on the core OS visuals. I am glad the MS is taking steps forward with 6.5.x (very easy to skin, uses png's with transparency layers) but it still has its limitations and at this point is mere babysteps as to what you can do on other OS's

once again Im talking pure visuals and eye-candy here. Not important to everybody but it really is something that bothers me

sidenote:eventhough its imitation you wont find anything like this for windows mobile that wont bring the device to a crawl. just to show a mix of eye candy and functionality
If you're running TF3D, you can use png images all day regardless of what it's running on top of (WM 6.1/6.5/6.5.x) as long as you know how to convert the images to manila files. Spend 5 minutes reading how to modify manila images and you can have as much or as little eye candy as you want. There also may not be many taskbars posted here, but once again, take a few minutes, learn how to make a 32x32 icon and you can have any color combos that you want with any graphics that you want as well. It may take a little bit longer, but there can be way more "eye candy" had in WM in my opinion, and far more options with layout if you use a different interface (TF3D, Titanium, SPB Mobile Shell) that anything I saw in the thread you linked to. The only thing you won't get is the text rendering, which is nicer on Mac based software. If you want a truly customizable interface and user experience, I'd say that WM is probably the better option as you can change nearly everything about it for colors and icons. You can even set custom icons for program launchers so you don't have to see the program icon that is associated with the exe or program itself.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion