PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: S

tiger83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (htc TP2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Switching from 800x480 to 480x320, count me out.

Unable to change battery, count me out again.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:05 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Let me start off first by saying this has to be one of the dumbest debates on this forum. and for you to say iphone is superior to winmo, i really dont have a comment for you that wouldnt break rules around here. then you ask, have any of you ever used an iphone, lol? can u ride apples nuts any harder? go switch to ATT already.

-deck
Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
If Sprint and VZW had iPhone, how many of you guys will switch? I know I’ll switch the same day without thinking twice. Its miles ahead of WinMo in every way, I’m starting to miss mines. Damn ATT.
Wouldn't switch even if I was paid to, coerced, or tortured into it. The iPhone is a horrible phone on many many more levels than anyone can ever complain about a Windows Mobile phone.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Let me start off first by saying this has to be one of the dumbest debates on this forum. and for you to say iphone is superior to winmo, i really dont have a comment for you that wouldnt break rules around here. then you ask, have any of you ever used an iphone, lol? can u ride apples nuts any harder? go switch to ATT already.

-deck

I agree the "winmo vs iphone" always been a dumb debate.
But what thread are you reading?? I haven't read any posts that say the iphone is superior to winmo. I would say that most of them are the opposite. By far, most people prefer the TP2 (which of course is expected).
You might have this mixed up with another thread?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
tell us how your really feel about the iphone... lol!

seriously, why all the hate? I don't think there is another device on the planet that evokes so much emotion.

People, get a grip. It's just a device... an electronic gadget.
Because of all the iPhone wankers who flock to every phone forum they can find and whinge about how their phone is so much better than anyone else's and that there's no reason for any other phone to exist, or that they don't understand why people can't see that every iPhone is cast in gold and touched by God itself. While the rest of us can see it for what it really is. :>
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 AM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedeer View Post
Because of all the iPhone wankers who flock to every phone forum they can find and whinge about how their phone is so much better than anyone else's and that there's no reason for any other phone to exist, or that they don't understand why people can't see that every iPhone is cast in gold and touched by God itself. While the rest of us can see it for what it really is. :>
Why should that matter?
Yes, there are some iphone jerks out there but who cares. It is still just a gadget. Why take it personally?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

op i doubt you are not a fanboy every post i read on this thread is how good the iphone is and you defending it,but no i would not switch to a iphone I feel like my phone can do much more calm me crazy but i still felt that way way before i touched a wm phone back to my moto v950.every touch pro 2 owned i bet looks way different then the next wm is just way to customizeable.iphones are nice looking devices but they are just not for me they seem to appeal to a different crowd.lol
Old 01-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
I have an ipod touch which, as you all know, is essentially an iphone that doesn't make calls. While I have to admit that the whole interface is smoother and the web browser is a little better than our Opera, I still won't buy an iphone.

Why? Because you can't customize worth jack. You are COMPLETELY locked in with what Apple gives you. Not so with WinMo. Don't like the virtual keyboard popping up all the time? Boom, regedit to kill it. Don't like the stock taskbar? Install one of the many floating around in this forum alone... the list goes on and on...

Point is, WinMo is COMPLETELY customizable. The iphone is not. Even when jailbroken, you can barely do a third of what WinMo allows you to do right out of the box.

That being said, some people like how the iphone is just clean and easy to use (why do you think half of all iphone users are teenage girls ). They're not the type of people (like us here) that like to tweak and hack and customize until our heart is content. For them the iphone works perfectly and I'm happy they found a phone they like. But I prefer a level of customization that the iphone just simply doesn't offer

this is the last post im goiog to read but you are clueless. when jailbroken, visually the iphone/touch is 100x more custimizable than windows mobile anyday. You maybe have a HANDFUL of taskbars, dont kid yourself, and most of those look pretty much the same too, maybea color change. We have like a choice of 5-10 taskbar icons if we are lucky

just check out how their post your screenshot thread makes ours look like utter sh!t.
http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewt...=16794754&p=91

they easily have atleast triple the amount of themes we have available. EASILY

Last edited by newone757; 01-15-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
this is the last post im goiog to read but you are clueless. when jailbroken, visually the iphone/touch is 100x more custimizable than windows mobile anyday. You maybe have a HANDFUL of taskbars, dont kid yourself, and most of those look pretty much the same too, maybea color change. We have like a choice of 5-10 taskbar icons if we are lucky

they easily have atleast triple the amount of themes we have available. EASILY
themes and taskbars??? sorry but that isn't customization. That is just eye candy.

When we talk about customization we are talking actually about the ability to change how the whole interface operates and functions.

The iphone system is pretty much the same... for some that is the beauty of it (simplicity). Adding a theme isn't really changing anything.

It's sort of like the difference between repainting your house and actually remodeling your house.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
themes and taskbars??? sorry but that isn't customization. That is just eye candy.

When we talk about customization we are talking actually about the ability to change how the whole interface operates and functions.

The iphone system is pretty much the same... for some that is the beauty of it (simplicity). Adding a theme isn't really changing anythign.
umm no buddy if you look at what i quoted he was talking about taskbars as if it isnt possible on the iPhone. and the post above mine talking about how different each windows mobile today screen looks. thats all i was addressing.

Im an ex art major and i cant help that it bothers me how fugly windows mobile is

as far as functionality, we as WM users always brag about how they can tweak this and that but most of the time on other OS's its not a problem cause it works out of the box how it should. Ive never even thought about the keyboard on my touch autodeploying when it shouldnt like it does on WM, because it just WORKS the way it should, naturally. no reg edit needed.

But dont get me wrong no OS is perfect, and iphone, android, and webOS have their glaring issues as well and accompanying fixes as well, just not as much work as WM. This is an honest perspective coming from a CURRENT owner of every mobile platform (besides symbian and maemo)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion