PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: [12/09/10] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.9.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmacklin11 View Post
just had a brand new curve only to find it has the 4.6 software when I want the latest update which is 5.0 I've downloaded bbsak software and blackberry's software and used there option on the internet and still no joy. When I try and update it using your software which comes up with a error when trying to find the blackberry update

"Error in application information file "C:\Documents and Settings\ryanacklin\My documents\Downloads\8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5 .2.0.104_A5_Vodafone
There is an XML syntax error on line 1

What do I do next?! Running out of idea's
Screenshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
Hi there

Loving BBSAK, it's a great app so thanks for all the work that has gone into it.

I have a question - what is the difference between "Factory Reset" and "Wipe Device"?

Cheers (and Happy New Year )
Dom
Thanks and the same to you. The difference is...

Quote:
Wipe Device

ThumbWipe Device, is a tool used to completely remove everything on your device including the operating system, leaving your phone at a 507 error screen. This function can be used to restore a "bricked" blackberry. Please make sure to backup everything you need before running this feature!
Quote:
Factory Reset

ThumbThe Factory Reset function is used by those who have an IT Policy put on there Blackberry via a BES Server. This function will remove the IT Policy from your device.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Torch
Carrier: AT&T

BlackberryMann is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I completed the steps below.
1. BBSAK to backup the apps
2. DM to backup the data
3. Wipe with BBSAK
4. Load OS with BBSAK
5. Restore apps with BBSAK
6. Restore data with DM

In Options -> Device -> Application Management, the restored apps don't show up in the listing. They also don't show up in App World, they show as uninstalled. The apps show on the main screen and run fine, but I can't manage them App Management or App World unless I reinstall them. Is this normal with the "Restore Apps" feature?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry 9550
Carrier: Verizon

fbuono10 is a n00b

Hello - have a Storm 9550 and used both desktop (XP) and laptop (W7-64) to backup my Storm. The app is hanging just after 100% progress is reached and freezes. Requires a kill through Task Manager. The backup looks complete but I only see backup.alx and not backup.jad. Is this a known issue?

Last edited by fbuono10; 01-13-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMann View Post
I completed the steps below.
1. BBSAK to backup the apps
2. DM to backup the data
3. Wipe with BBSAK
4. Load OS with BBSAK
5. Restore apps with BBSAK
6. Restore data with DM

In Options -> Device -> Application Management, the restored apps don't show up in the listing. They also don't show up in App World, they show as uninstalled. The apps show on the main screen and run fine, but I can't manage them App Management or App World unless I reinstall them. Is this normal with the "Restore Apps" feature?
This is the way our backup system works. You can uninstall individual apps with BBSAK. For best 3rd part restore, use the alx and restore with app loader while installing the new OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuono10 View Post
Hello - have a Storm 9550 and used both desktop (XP) and laptop (W7-64) to backup my Storm. The app is hanging just after 100% progress is reached and freezes. Requires a kill through Task Manager. The backup looks complete but I only see backup.alx and not backup.jad. Is this a known issue?
How many apps do you have installed? I thought we fixed this bug in a previous edition.
~Mike
Old 01-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry 9550
Carrier: Verizon

fbuono10 is a n00b

Thanks Mike - I have about 30 apps loaded. You have a great app here - hope this is just a bug. Would like to donate as well.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb curve
Carrier: neuf

aznkaku is a n00b

Hello, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520, and there is a password which dont let me navigate through the phone... I want to reset definitively the phone. So i want to do a wipe, then re-install the OS, but when I connect the phone, the PC detect it, but BBSAK doesnt...
What can I do please ?
Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold 9650
Carrier: VZW

coffee-turtle is a n00b

Restoring Apps.

Has anyone ever done an app restore using BBSAK?

I seem to get an app listed called BBSAK on my device and all of the modules are the actual restored apps (instead of them appearing individually in the Application list).

If I delete the BBSK app from my BB, all the restored apps are deleted as well.

Help?

Bold 9650; 5.0.0.975
Win7 64bit

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkaku View Post
Hello, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520, and there is a password which dont let me navigate through the phone... I want to reset definitively the phone. So i want to do a wipe, then re-install the OS, but when I connect the phone, the PC detect it, but BBSAK doesnt...
What can I do please ?
Thanks
Do you have a blackberry without a password or one with a password u know? If so then load BBSAK to get active buttons then swap and click wipe.
~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-turtle View Post
Restoring Apps.

Has anyone ever done an app restore using BBSAK?

I seem to get an app listed called BBSAK on my device and all of the modules are the actual restored apps (instead of them appearing individually in the Application list).

If I delete the BBSK app from my BB, all the restored apps are deleted as well.

Help?

Bold 9650; 5.0.0.975
Win7 64bit

Thanks.
Quote:
This is the way our backup system works. You can uninstall individual apps with BBSAK. For best 3rd part restore, use the alx and restore with app loader while installing the new OS.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Torch
Carrier: AT&T

BlackberryMann is a n00b

@Coffee-Turtle

Thats also what happened to me. See post link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/bb-apps/13...ml#post2034489

I needed to reinstall all my apps from App World and from BerryReview Store manually.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMann View Post
@Coffee-Turtle

Thats also what happened to me. See post link below:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/bb-apps/13...ml#post2034489

I needed to reinstall all my apps from App World and from BerryReview Store manually.
This is not a bug, but the way it works and always have. Read below.

Quote:
This is the way our backup system works. You can uninstall individual apps with BBSAK.

For best 3rd party app restore, use the alx and restore with app loader while installing the new OS.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry