PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry
Carrier: T-Mobile

desiree101 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [12/09/10] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.9.1

I am using BBSAK and find it very useful, more useful than BB Desktop manager. It does look simple and easy to use, but it's deceiving! Is there a manual or user guide to read? I've read many reviews from people who love it but have accidently wiped their phones or reset it to factory settings while trying to familiarise themselves with it. I nearly have a couple of times! Also, how do I 'Load OS'? It asks for PC's OS. And I would like to know what 'Dump Phone' means. No one seems to know. A simple guide would help many people use this excellent program properly.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree101 View Post
I am using BBSAK and find it very useful, more useful than BB Desktop manager. It does look simple and easy to use, but it's deceiving! Is there a manual or user guide to read? I've read many reviews from people who love it but have accidently wiped their phones or reset it to factory settings while trying to familiarise themselves with it. I nearly have a couple of times! Also, how do I 'Load OS'? It asks for PC's OS. And I would like to know what 'Dump Phone' means. No one seems to know. A simple guide would help many people use this excellent program properly.
I would suggest reading these links below for more information on features and other FAQs.
~Mike

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife Features

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife FAQs

Old 12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Torch 9800
Carrier: Vivo Brasil

roquintela is a n00b

Hi! My name is Rodrigo Quintela, i'm from Brazil and i would like to help to translate the BBSAK in portuguese. If u wish, contact me . I'll be very glad to help! Thanks!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roquintela View Post
Hi! My name is Rodrigo Quintela, i'm from Brazil and i would like to help to translate the BBSAK in portuguese. If u wish, contact me . I'll be very glad to help! Thanks!
To translate to another language, you need to create a new text file and translate each line and leave the layout exactly the same. Once the text file is ready email to us, then we send you a beta link to test before release. Translators get free "No Nag" edition of BBSAK without having to make a donation.
Thanks for your help!
~Mike

BBSAK English Language File
Old 12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Torch 9800
Carrier: Vivo Brasil

roquintela is a n00b

Hi! Here is the translation - Portuguese (Brazil) Portuguese (Brazil).rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Have fun!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

PM sent with language pack for testing!
Thanks again,
Mike
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry
Carrier: T-Mobile

desiree101 is a n00b

I would suggest reading these links below for more information on features and other FAQs.
~Mike

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife Features

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife FAQs

------------------------------------------
Excellent! Thank you for the links - very informative
Old 12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Gateway ZX series
Carrier: Tmobile

edwin785 is a n00b

Hi Guys I downloaded the new BBASK 1.9.11 And I try to read My Bold 9700
and it doesnt read it at All.. Can ANy one help Me Thanks Guys
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XP
Carrier: Vodafone

ryanmacklin11 is a n00b
Angry Re: [12/09/10] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.9.1

just had a brand new curve only to find it has the 4.6 software when I want the latest update which is 5.0 I've downloaded bbsak software and blackberry's software and used there option on the internet and still no joy. When I try and update it using your software which comes up with a error when trying to find the blackberry update

"Error in application information file "C:\Documents and Settings\ryanacklin\My documents\Downloads\8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5 .2.0.104_A5_Vodafone
There is an XML syntax error on line 1

What do I do next?! Running out of idea's
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Bold 9780
Carrier: Vodafone UK

DomConway is a n00b

Hi there

Loving BBSAK, it's a great app so thanks for all the work that has gone into it.

I have a question - what is the difference between "Factory Reset" and "Wipe Device"?

Cheers (and Happy New Year )
Dom

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry