PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3.5mm headphone/audio out + USB at same time: WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeachtrad View Post
I have the rhodium 400. The new build disables the usb headphone jack. I have the problem with the new build making my phone get stuck on headphone mode. A good work around is to use the old build with a usb to female 3.5mm jack. Works perfect. Costs like 2 bucks on ebay. Looking forward to a perfect working 3.5mm. Thanks for all your hard work.
Why not just use the 3.5mm jack? I don't ever use the extUSB now that 3.5mm is working...

I guess I haven't tested it, but I don't see why extUSB would be disabled now. Can you trace this to a kernel update...?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeachtrad View Post
I have the rhodium 400. The new build disables the usb headphone jack. I have the problem with the new build making my phone get stuck on headphone mode. A good work around is to use the old build with a usb to female 3.5mm jack. Works perfect. Costs like 2 bucks on ebay. Looking forward to a perfect working 3.5mm. Thanks for all your hard work.
Confirmed. USB headsets don't work. I liked the stock ones that I had 3 sets of. (Sprint rhod400)

With music playing on speaker, plugging usb headset in & out has no effect at all. Putting in then starting only plays to speaker.

He must not have used "on USB (extusb) detect, probably forced as detect always...
Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Confirmed. USB headsets don't work. I liked the stock ones that I had 3 sets of. (Sprint rhod400)

With music playing on speaker, plugging usb headset in & out has no effect at all. Putting in then starting only plays to speaker.

He must not have used "on USB (extusb) detect, probably forced as detect always...
Arrggg sent out the bat signal about this bug. During the dev process both were working so something died on the way to the final delivery.

I will try to attack this on the weekend. I notified emwe as well and the other kernel brethren incase one of them finds a quick fix.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Arrggg sent out the bat signal about this bug. During the dev process both were working so something died on the way to the final delivery.

I will try to attack this on the weekend. I notified emwe as well and the other kernel brethren incase one of them finds a quick fix.
wow very cool, quick response, didn't know arrrghhh notified, thanks

re. final, a TON of stuff was packed into 07, stuff happens

No worries for me, I really don't use either usb or 3.5 much, just wanted to clearly fyi to people.

I'm aware of issues on BT headset, "hit & miss" (per arrrghhh)
Here's my 2 cents/input/experiance: My BT headset works great on frx07, paired quick, I pressed attention/call main button, it pulled up voice command, I said "call Pamela" connected, it was unreal.

BUT, after about 2 min on phone it rebooted my TP2. (thought she was mad at me & hung up :>O lol)
Will do more testing, may have done that on device sleep...

Last edited by teradog; 07-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
wow very cool, quick response, didn't know arrrghhh notified, thanks

re. final, a TON of stuff was packed into 07, stuff happens

No worries for me, I really don't use either usb or 3.5 much, just wanted to clearly fyi to people.

I'm aware of issues on BT headset, "hit & miss" (per arrrghhh)
Here's my 2 cents/input/experiance: My BT headset works great on frx07, paired quick, I pressed attention/call main button, it pulled up voice command, I said "call Pamela" connected, it was unreal.

BUT, after about 2 min on phone it rebooted my TP2. (thought she was mad at me & hung up :>O lol)
Will do more testing, may have done that on device sleep...
This isnt an FRX7 issue just kernel. So even on frx6 it doesnt work. But yeah, we are on it.

Arrggg takes his bugs seriosly. But yea, being the author of the patch i'll take responsibily for it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2