PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistazifta View Post
ok so then this question is being directed at acl and natemcnutty can either of u tell us if maurice has given u his project and whether yes or no how close r u to full nand and being that being that i have a whole bunch of sprint rhodiums aka rhrodiumw at my disposal please let me know how i can test
You're going to have to wait for maurice on this. He hasn't posted anything about changes he's made, and none of us have the expertise in modifying tinboot.

Maurice said he would try to post some more when his work permitted, and we'll just have to wait for that. I know everyone is excited, but please refrain from the "Maurice! Where are you?!?" posts.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
their mine to use not mine to keep except one besides when ur not the dev its easier to test as u dont know what to avoid
Hrm... ok. I'm pretty sure it's easier to develop code for a device you have in your hands, rather than trying to do so without having the device at all. I know the system image maintainer could really use a RHOD...

If you don't want to donate one, just say nothing - that's fine. But don't make excuses as to why you don't want to donate them; especially ones that include making yourself sound like a better candidate to test new code than an actual developer who is writing the code, and donating their precious time.

We'll post stuff to test as it comes down. If you want to help, great. Don't throw up these worthless posts begging for stuff to test - trust me, if there's something to test one of us will throw it up ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Maurice said he would try to post some more when his work permitted, and we'll just have to wait for that. I know everyone is excited, but please refrain from the "Maurice! Where are you?!?" posts.
If only...
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea, i just keep tellin' myself he's gonna drop it complete when he does or somethin haha
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

sorry if i upset anyone and yea i totally agree with u MassStash lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
sorry if i upset anyone and yea i totally agree with u MassStash lol
also when you're bored, you can try sending him mental brain wave power to help him complete whatever's blocking him from hanging out with us. hopefully he still loves us hahahahaha
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Seriously guys? Nate asked really nicely. Let's try to keep this thread on-topic.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry man, think I was a lil inebriated when I left that...

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta
Ok arrrg u didn't acknowledge my pm and MassStash here is bored who wouldn't be were all waiting patiently he's just makin wisecracks just to pass time who cares but if u get bored Stash u can always pm me as I'm jobless these days and bored outa my mind

Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pure
Carrier: att

diesburg59105 is a n00b

if anyone can give me advice/tips on using page 1 instructions for htc topaz, please do
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesburg59105 View Post
if anyone can give me advice/tips on using page 1 instructions for htc topaz, please do
Assuming you're not trying to do any NAND flashing, compiling the kernels/modules is exactly the same.

Currently the tinboot port is RHOD-only, and not even all RHOD's is it playing nice with...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2