PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Also, if anyone is curious, I have attached the init file I use for NAND to this post (at least its current state). I try to leave as much vanilla as possible so that future updates are easier to incorporate. There are a lot of parts that can easily be removed, but who cares about the extra 500ms it takes to parse init...

I had to name it .txt so I could upload it. You would have to remove the extension and maybe change file permissions to executable.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nand-init.txt (17.3 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
If you wouldn't mind, could you zip up your tinboot and initramfs folders and let me take a peek? I'm just curious if you are doing something like this for referencing the partitions:

Code:
mtdparts=msm_nand:0x00300000@0x1600000(boot),0x00040000@0x01900000(root),0x066C0000@0x01940000(system),0x08000000@0x08000000(userdata)
I'm also curious how you are creating the partitions

This is what Wozzer had (our close too it) I found it on the IRC Logs awhile ago but I don't remember the date. (Right around his last post...)
Code:
mtdparts=msm_nand:0x10000000@0x0(nand),0x01500000@0x04000000(root),0x066C0000@0x05540000(system),0x06f60000@0x0Bc00000(userdata)
Also when I flashed maurice.green's ROM i didn't see any access to the MTD portions? His command Line didn't seem to have anything about MTD portions in there... So I'm thinking he hard coded them, so It could be different all together.

Trying to get NAND to work myself I have tried to port all the MTD related stuff from the Vogue but was unable to get it working, i probably missed some things... Maybe we need to look at another device, or maybe maurice.green can share his work.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

errthangs good now

Last edited by MassStash; 01-08-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: sprint

guruvince is just getting started

Maaaaaaauuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiicccccccccceee eeeeeeeeee.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

whhhhhhhhhhhherrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee yyyyyyyyyyyooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu gggggggggoooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee ?? lol

Last edited by MassStash; 01-09-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

if u dont mind me commenting i was watching this post since day it was created i dont know how to write anything but can usually make heads and tales of whats written and fix it if its a simple error but maurice.green we miss u here and r sure ur gonna come back soon im waiting to c if u can get it ny mid next week and im not even updating my rhodiumw till its all done with full nand capability yet i keep playing with my two backup rhodiums as i have 3 sprint ones 2 without a plan at all and usually test on those with wifi soon if u need any specific testing help im willing to go as far as testing all u want but can only afford to brick one of the devices as my phones r a huge dependency as im extremly busy dependent on them for my line of work and always need at least one backup
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistazifta View Post
if u dont mind me commenting i was watching this post since day it was created i dont know how to write anything but can usually make heads and tales of whats written and fix it if its a simple error but maurice.green we miss u here and r sure ur gonna come back soon im waiting to c if u can get it ny mid next week and im not even updating my rhodiumw till its all done with full nand capability yet i keep playing with my two backup rhodiums as i have 3 sprint ones 2 without a plan at all and usually test on those with wifi soon if u need any specific testing help im willing to go as far as testing all u want but can only afford to brick one of the devices as my phones r a huge dependency as im extremly busy dependent on them for my line of work and always need at least one backup
get at acl and mcnutty, they're on the project still
Old 01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

ok so then this question is being directed at acl and natemcnutty can either of u tell us if maurice has given u his project and whether yes or no how close r u to full nand and being that being that i have a whole bunch of sprint rhodiums aka rhrodiumw at my disposal please let me know how i can test
Old 01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistazifta View Post
ok so then this question is being directed at acl and natemcnutty can either of u tell us if maurice has given u his project and whether yes or no how close r u to full nand and being that being that i have a whole bunch of sprint rhodiums aka rhrodiumw at my disposal please let me know how i can test
Honestly if you could donate one of them to a dev, I'm sure that would help immensely...

Don't feel obligated to in any way, shape or form... I'm just saying that I know a few devs that could definitely put a RHOD400 to very good use.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

their mine to use not mine to keep except one besides when ur not the dev its easier to test as u dont know what to avoid

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2