PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide FRX07!!, 4 Easy Steps (15 min): XDANDROID TP2 DL links

man I feel like a freaking noob today. I think I am just staring at this stinking screen for too long.

redid it all and this time I got a calibration during install and I goofed one of the squares (no depth perception got a little too close to the screen and accidentally touched while "moving" to the next block.

I got the 4 corners but flubbed the center one. Grrrrrr

will deleting that ts calibration file invoke it to ask for calibration again on boot?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; FROYO X GINGER CWM V3 Build/FROYO X GINGER CWM V3) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yes, deleting the ts calibration will prompt you do do it again.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

got it all working. first I HATE the android interface. its really horrible. I mean insanely sluggish and just wasteful.......

Baaad post that never should have been submitted WHACKED hehe my bad.

Last edited by nerys; 08-14-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
got it all working. first I HATE the android interface. its really horrible. I mean insanely sluggish and just wasteful.

I goto to change wallpaper and it shows me a folder list WITH picture icons (slow) but no not just any folder list EVERY SINGLE STINKING FOLDER ON MY SD CARD THAT HAS ANY PICTURES IN IT.

any idea how many stinking folders I have. it took 8+ minutes for it to finally get around to displaying the ONE SINGLE folder I wanted. the root folder I called "wallpapers"

Ouch. now maybe this would not be so bad on a faster device (anyway to make it faster??) slow is an understatement especially if your muti tasking.

it just seems to do a lot of stupid silly things why not just give me a directory tree and in .5 second I can tap my wallpapers folder and be done with it?

maybe they never gave one of these to a power user or something. I do a LOT of crap with my phone

I got the square up app to install (its the pretty much sole reason I am trying android) and it even detected the little reader but does not seem to read a card. going to have to look into that see if there is anything I can do.

how do I make sure my "mic" input is actually working via the 3.5mm jack? (thats what it uses to tx the data I think ??)

also I can not seem to connect to the computer. it sees the usb connection I hit enable mass storage but nothing happens pc side??

really annoying to have to boot into windows to move files. I assume since android is running OFF the memory card that popping it out (to put in a reader) would be a nono hehe
Ok, first of all no one is forcing you to use Android. It can be slow at times, but there's things you can do to speed up the experience - like not doing 15 things at once usually helps.

Keep in mind, we're running on a processor from 2007... and trying to get a OS from 2010 to run on it (FroYo was released in 2010...)

Second, you should really read. USB mass storage is not supported. Droid Explorer can kinda fake it (utilizing adb).

Again, if you hate it so much and it really is that horrible, don't use it. No one wants to read posts like this where you whine and complain about how awful it is, yet still want help on using it...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

"Ok, first of all no one is forcing you to use Android"

no ones forcing me NOT to either. whats the point? seriously?

I don't.(use the os interface much) I just use it to get to the apps I want to use

you need to lighten up. Don't take offense. I was simply listing my experience so far.

you seemed to read ONLY the negative parts of my post.... Much of this post was accidental. I typed it out last night "fresh" from install but figured lets research some of this first.

I found a lot of the answers I was looking for but when I woke up this morning and made a few posts I saw this unsubmitted post and clicked submit before realizing what it was I was submitting (from last night)

alas there was no way to edit or remove it (that functionality does not work for me for whatever reason)

chill.....
Old 08-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
"Ok, first of all no one is forcing you to use Android"

no ones forcing me NOT to either. whats the point? seriously?

I don't.(use the os interface much) I just use it to get to the apps I want to use

you need to lighten up. Don't take offense. I was simply listing my experience so far.

you seemed to read ONLY the negative parts of my post.... Much of this post was accidental. I typed it out last night "fresh" from install but figured lets research some of this first.

I found a lot of the answers I was looking for but when I woke up this morning and made a few posts I saw this unsubmitted post and clicked submit before realizing what it was I was submitting (from last night)

alas there was no way to edit or remove it (that functionality does not work for me for whatever reason)

chill.....
You just seemed to be raging against something that's provided free of charge, and a lot of people have put in many, many hours working on... It was disrespectful, you can't deny that.

I would appreciate it if you would calm down, and try to be more constructive in your posts instead of destructive. I probably need to be a little less sensitive to people griping, but it does get annoying. I should probably just learn to ignore posts that annoy and not respond, but for some reason I still feel compelled to help...

As for editing, like I said before... quick edit hasn't worked on this forum for me for a long time. If you click "go advanced", then you should be able to successfully edit/save your previous posts.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

its the nature of human beings to complain. and I WAS raging. which is why I did not post that message last night and screwed up when I posted it this morning. just tired did not notice was I hit submit too

My complaints though were with how ANDROID does things NOT how the team did anything to get it work I might add though

"I would appreciate it if you would calm down" thats silly and you know it will just let that slide.

"I should probably just learn to ignore posts that annoy and not respond, but for some reason I still feel compelled to help..."

see same thing. hard not to reply takes a lot of effort its in our nature. No big deal. it was a mistake (my mistake) chill let it go have fun

ahh never thought of going advanced to edit. I will try that

hey it works !! see all gone now hehe
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm having issues with a few apps after upgrading from 06 to 07, At first my email would not connect even with the correct password but once I logged on to it with my laptop and cycled incoming settings it connected. The problem I am having now is gallery,app2sd and Howard Forums apps are broken, but I can re-download app2sd and not HoFo, gallery I guess needs a different loader? I have tried deleting data.img, reusing my old data.img from 06, and a few other thing to no avail. Sorry if there is a fix posted but I'm a little burned out from my battle to get this thing back to running like it was on frx06. Thank you in advance whomever can help me out.

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I thought app2sd would not work since IT IS on the sd ?? gallery works for me (the built in gallery) is there another app called gallery?

Howardforums also fails for me. it downloads but then errors with could not install on usb storage or sd card.

the PPCGEEKS app also fails with the SAME error exactly

Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card. 22:52 (the last bit is the time)

trying XDA app now

XDA software installs fine

my guess is the other 2 are trying to avoid installing to the phone and want to install directly to usb or sd ?? and that is broken for some reason ???

I also had a problem with the DOLPHIN HD browser. for some reason you can NOT use the "hardware" keyboard inside dolphin. as soon as you touch one key it closes whatever window your working in.

ALSO I can not seem to set ANY file for "notifications" sounds except the built in sounds.

it does NOT see any of my own stuff (but ringtones does)

I did create the /media/audio/notifications folder and put mp3's inside it but they do not show up as an entry when I try to set them

BTW can I set a different sound for each TYPE of notification? one for woot one for ebay one for gmail ??

Last edited by nerys; 08-18-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
I thought app2sd would not work since IT IS on the sd ?? gallery works for me (the built in gallery) is there another app called gallery?

Howardforums also fails for me. it downloads but then errors with could not install on usb storage or sd card.

the PPCGEEKS app also fails with the SAME error exactly

Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card. 22:52 (the last bit is the time)

trying XDA app now

XDA software installs fine

my guess is the other 2 are trying to avoid installing to the phone and want to install directly to usb or sd ?? and that is broken for some reason ???

I also had a problem with the DOLPHIN HD browser. for some reason you can NOT use the "hardware" keyboard inside dolphin. as soon as you touch one key it closes whatever window your working in.

ALSO I can not seem to set ANY file for "notifications" sounds except the built in sounds.

it does NOT see any of my own stuff (but ringtones does)

I did create the /media/audio/notifications folder and put mp3's inside it but they do not show up as an entry when I try to set them

BTW can I set a different sound for each TYPE of notification? one for woot one for ebay one for gmail ??
App2sd worked fine on frx06, Nothing so far is moving to SD even manually, yeah I tried XDA as soon as HoFo failed.
Edit- I guess something might be up with the format on my SD, if not I'll have to go back to 06 I'm too attached to the HoFo app.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 08-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2