PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

emb Driver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Worth the wait? Will it one day be "complete enough"?

He may be talking about the Epic 4G.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-epi...print-2791704/
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22
Quote:
Originally Posted by leegorkhalee View Post
Say hello to samsung Epic ... I am suprised that nobody is talking about it...???

lol, because most of us here are not blackberry fans and that's a mirror image of one... And the guy you quoted I believe was talking about a slide out keyboard, not front facing one, those are old school...
The Epic is Sprint's version of the Galaxy S and it has hardware sliding keyboard. They've added Pro to the name because of it.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

The Epic is Sprint's version of the Galaxy S and it has hardware sliding keyboard. They've added Pro to the name because of it.
Yeah the different name threw me off... Still doubt it will meet up to expectation though, dev's just don't seem to interested in samsung devices...

Old 07-04-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

JUST loaded XAndroid. Almost 100% complete. Just audio is broken.And hardware accelaration is not fully funtional. IF IT gets ported completely, its like having a snapdragon device and not a god awful tp2 with winko.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post

Yeah the different name threw me off... Still doubt it will meet up to expectation though, dev's just don't seem to interested in samsung devices...
Yea seems that way..for now.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
JUST loaded XAndroid. Almost 100% complete. Just audio is broken.And hardware accelaration is not fully funtional. IF IT gets ported completely, its like having a snapdragon device and not a god awful tp2 with winko.
Umm.. I have the froyo 2.2 beta build of XDAndroid installed on my phone and my wife's.. (TP2's).. and I believe you're mistaken

The following is taken from the first post in this thread

Quote:
NOT WORKING IN THIS BUILD:
BT
Sound (in call mic and earpiece work, no ringtones or music)
Camera
Opengles: using software rendering for the time being.
Battery Meter

The battery workaround is baked in, but it's still not 100% and I also don't believe they have power management working yet either.

It's more than just sound that's not functional yet. There are a couple devs working on sound ATM based on the chat logs from the irc channel. There are other devs working on other portions that aren't functional yet as well.

All I can say is that the devs are hard core I'm very thankful for the work that they're doing They still have a long way to go in order to get Camera, BT, power management and Opengl working but they're working on it.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

captobie is just getting started

Just my $0.02, but...

I've been following Android since my Kaiser days. There were times on the Kaiser that I had the feeling many of you do here now, that it'll never be quite finished. But one thing I noticed is that breakthroughs came in waves, you'd have weeks and months of just seemingly minor tweeks, then *bam* wi-fi is working, then *bam* GPS is working.

One of the things that the Rhodium has going for it is that it may be the last of its breed. With WP7 just around the corner I don't see another WM 6.5 slider handset of Rhodium quality being released. Hardware-wise this is an awesome phone. And we've seen the potential of this phone with Android. The fact that there may not be a better handset on the horizon may keep the developers working on this.

We shouldn't minimize what we already have either. The only thing keeping me from using Android on a Rhodium full time is the lack of sound. Camera would be nice too, but once sound is working I'm sold.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

I agree, sound is what's missing and that's it.

The rest is just a plus.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

gotta jump in with my +1 for sound.
i keep my tp2 booted in droid about 25% of the time...some of the builds run so smoothly it is truly amazing what the devs have done.
i work outside landscaping, and not being able to use android to listen to music while i work is what keeps me booting back to windows.
camera and opengl would be very cool, but sound would be "complete enough" for me to keep booted in android the majority of the time.
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 07-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe View Post
gotta jump in with my +1 for sound.
i keep my tp2 booted in droid about 25% of the time...some of the builds run so smoothly it is truly amazing what the devs have done.
i work outside landscaping, and not being able to use android to listen to music while i work is what keeps me booting back to windows.
camera and opengl would be very cool, but sound would be "complete enough" for me to keep booted in android the majority of the time.
Gotta do a +1 agreement on sound.

Sound would be t!t$

without it.. it's not a huge deal breaker for me as my phone is on vibrate 99% of the time anyhow (at work and home) although I do like my slacker radio and pandora hahahah..

Sound will come soon .. I got faith in the dev team

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2