PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
[ROM] [092810] All Carriers - grooveROM *OverClocked* - ManilaCore 2.5.20191914 [SYS 21680]
Started by indagroove
You cannot be overclocked when you boot into android...
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
OK so I decided to install this Test #5 version of a kernel found here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...s-testing.html attached to post #1 and it solved most of my issues. I now have wifi, no issues with sound tonight so far, is fast stable and battery status is great. I think it is the version before the latest one but it works.....I am on cdma,Rhod500, Verizon TP2.....
That code has been committed, so these kernels shouldn't need to be tested anymore... You said you tried the latest from the autobuild, have you? The newest is 20101006_062754, but the kernel that first had the batt fix in it is 20101005_062001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPib View Post
I'm having the exact same issue with my Rhod500. The phone I'm
calling rings, but I can't hear anything.

I'm using the 9/28 build updated today. My calendar won't launch
anymore, though, so I'm going to remove the data file and stuff.
Please try updating to the newest kernel/modules... Can't promise anything about your cal, but the in call stuff should hopefully work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
That code has been committed, so these kernels shouldn't need to be tested anymore... You said you tried the latest from the autobuild, have you? The newest is 20101006_062754, but the kernel that first had the batt fix in it is 20101005_062001.

Please try updating to the newest kernel/modules... Can't promise anything about your cal, but the in call stuff should hopefully work!
I had already tried the newest kernel you referenced above yesterday and it broke my wifi, made my phone unstable and did not fix the incall issues but I took your advice and just tried it again today..........same issues..........the test kernel build I went back to was, 5_modules-2.6.27.46-01179-g9526abc-dirty.tar.gz with the corresponding zimage and it worked beautifully, all issues solved.....so something has happened from that test kernel to this final as myself and quite a few others are still having issues on the newest kernel with call issues, no wifi etc....I'm not fussing at all I'm just trying to give information that I hope helps the developers and testers for later builds. I am on Verizon TP2 rhod500.......Thanks again for your support on this...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I reformatted and tried out the 9.28 build. The startup utility and update is dope! Everything runs really smooth. The battery tracking is leaps and bounds better. I still had in-call audio issues. Speakerphone whether on an inbound or outbound call would work but the caller couldn't hear me (mic not working). Also I tested out several calls and everything but the speakerphone issue I previously stated worked and then I received a random call after running Android several hours and I couldn't hear the caller even though they could hear me until I enabled and disabled speakerphone. I was using the 9.28 package with the latest kernel from the 10.5 with the good reviews. I just ran the update utility and it unzipped a new file so I'm going to test the calling for awhile and will report back. Thanks again for everyone's hardwork.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I had already tried the newest kernel you referenced above yesterday and it broke my wifi, made my phone unstable and did not fix the incall issues but I took your advice and just tried it again today..........same issues..........the test kernel build I went back to was, 5_modules-2.6.27.46-01179-g9526abc-dirty.tar.gz with the corresponding zimage and it worked beautifully, all issues solved.....so something has happened from that test kernel to this final as myself and quite a few others are still having issues on the newest kernel with call issues, no wifi etc....I'm not fussing at all I'm just trying to give information that I hope helps the developers and testers for later builds. I am on Verizon TP2 rhod500.......Thanks again for your support on this...
I don't get it dude. Others with the 500 have reported the incall issues, but I don't think anyone at this point is struggling with wifi...

Have you done the usual? 1) Simple reboot. 2) Delete data.img. 3) Format card (unlikely to fix anything in this case...)

I just grabbed the newest kernel to test. Everything works flawlessly for me, incall sound works for both ends, inbound&outbound calls.

I can't help but think you're doing something wrong - every post you've made sounds like you're replacing the kernel/modules correctly but perhaps not. So anytime you swap zImage, you MUST swap modules file as well. I just delete both, & replace both every time to make sure
Old 10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2-Rhod400-Android
Carrier: US Cellular

izodhalo is a n00b

Hello,

I have tried searching but I can't come up with a good solution for this problem. I loaded the latest version of android on my TP2 last night (09_28_2010). Everything seems to be working so far except for receiving picture messages. I can send and receive regular texts fine, but I had someone send me 4 different files last night and I never got anything on the android side. I rebooting in WM and had them send the pics again, and they came through like normal. Is this an issue that has not been fixed or am I just not doing something right? Any help would be appreciated.

PS: great work getting the project this far, it's amazing what you guys can do.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I don't get it dude. Others with the 500 have reported the incall issues, but I don't think anyone at this point is struggling with wifi...

Have you done the usual? 1) Simple reboot. 2) Delete data.img. 3) Format card (unlikely to fix anything in this case...)

I just grabbed the newest kernel to test. Everything works flawlessly for me, incall sound works for both ends, inbound&outbound calls.

I can't help but think you're doing something wrong - every post you've made sounds like you're replacing the kernel/modules correctly but perhaps not. So anytime you swap zImage, you MUST swap modules file as well. I just delete both, & replace both every time to make sure
I do everything you just posted(use the paired zimage with the modules), delete the others, reboot etc. In fact I just replaced the zimage and modules with the test 5 one I posted earlier and my wifi works, calls are working and it's fast and stable...It is something in that new kernel on a rhod500 that is causing issues...........I read all the posts from multiple sites and I'm not the only one with wifi issues with newest kernel......I'm not sure whats going on but I will use this test kernel until the kinks are out of the final....thanks for all your help!!!!

Last edited by twobeaglesjtj; 10-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I do everything you just posted(use the paired zimage with the modules), delete the others, reboot etc. In fact I just replaced the zimage and modules with the test 5 one I posted earlier and my wifi works, calls are working and it's fast and stable...It is something in that new kernel on a rhod500 that is causing issues...........I read all the posts from multiple sites and I'm not the only one with wifi issues with newest kernel......I'm not sure whats going on but I will use this test kernel until the kinks are out of the final....thanks for all your help!!!!
If that truly is the case, we may need your help to figure out where the breakdown is occurring... I don't see acl in chat yet, but he'd probably be one of the guys to get a dmesg to.

Since I'm not having any issues, I'm not much help...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
If that truly is the case, we may need your help to figure out where the breakdown is occurring... I don't see acl in chat yet, but he'd probably be one of the guys to get a dmesg to.

Since I'm not having any issues, I'm not much help...
I would be glad to test for the rhod500 as I want to figure this out....who is acl??? Can you have him message me??? or how do I message him?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I would be glad to test for the rhod500 as I want to figure this out....who is acl??? Can you have him message me??? or how do I message him?
Well the best place to collaborate with the devs is on IRC honestly. But he's not online currently... you can try sending him a PM on here. [ACL] - there's his member info.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps