PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

loader187 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

sweena1 - sorry I am at work and was retarded and forgot to remove my sim card. I am rebooting now to see if everything works. - update soon
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420 View Post
CDMA data not working
Mine is, just follow instructions word for word

Quote:
WIFI cannot start
You have to do your initial boot without a SIM Card in, once the phone is started goto your Settings\Wireles & Networks\Mobile Networks\Network Operators and it will do a quick search, than click Automatically Select Network, that's what I did and mine works fine now...

Quote:
Lost my live wallpapers too.
So did I, but than I found the Marketplace App, where I can redownload not only the 2 I'm missing, but plenty more for FREE..!!

GL bro, it's just a reading and following instructions thing... I think we all stumbled at first, but now I'm at a slow jog with this thing and once we get some sound integrated into this beast, I will be haulin ass with it..!!

Old 03-08-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mr. Pippy, just outta curiosity do we know what is causing the sound not to work or is it something we just might have to deal without..??
Old 03-08-2010, 12:41 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Mr. Pippy, just for shits and giggles do we know what is causing the sound not to work or is it something we just might have to deal without..??
From what I read, sounds like the speaker is disabled due to battery drain and it making strange sounds. Read it somewhere, don't remember where.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
hmmm... first boot worked but no 3G data... second boot worked but phone soft reset upon loading Home Screen.. now third, fourth, an fifth tries all were same as the 2nd... Soft resetting about 10 seconds after boot up...

Followed every direction to the point...
SIM Card is out...
Initial setup worked fine all but having 3G...

Maybe I'll format my spare 1GB SD and throw it on there and give it another shot...
I had this same issue on last build, and no one including me could figure it out, my last effort was to totally delete everything off my card, throw the files back on there. It did it to me again 3 times and then poof, it just started working, weird stuff, but i was just happy it worked.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touchpro

kawaiius is a n00b

for some reason i can get it to boot up..but then when i am going through the setup screen it goes black and resets...anyone else havin this problem or know whats going on?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
I had this same issue on last build, and no one including me could figure it out, my last effort was to totally delete everything off my card, throw the files back on there. It did it to me again 3 times and then poof, it just started working, weird stuff, but i was just happy it worked.
Yeah thats weird cuz what I did was take out my 8GB sd FULLLL of shit + Android that was causing weird issues... Formatted my spare 1GB card, threw the files on there, started it up, and it worked right away..!?!?

I'm not bitchin cuz it's working now but that was just ironic that it did that...

Now if I could only find out how to implement my downloaded Live Wallpapers into the correct folder to be able to use them, that would really make me happy..!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 2

sweena1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiius View Post
for some reason i can get it to boot up..but then when i am going through the setup screen it goes black and resets...anyone else havin this problem or know whats going on?
are you using a Touch PRO 2 or touch pro like your tag says?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
All files from post one are already extracted and inside the file.....just follow the instructions below and you are off....

just extract the folder and throw it on the root of the card.....if it does not work just move all the files onto the root.....FYI...what I do is add a new folder for all of my current stuff for Winmo and drop all Droid files right into the root...

http://www.mediafire.com/?wi2wmvmimmm
flyers thanks for doing what you do...salute

I struggled with that folder stuff 2days ago and it didnt work for me. First off I have a 16gb class2 sd evryday winmo sd. Try to dump all winmo stuff in one folder and dump droid stuff to the root of the sd and boot up. It never fully booted the linux command code froze up. It looked like it was trying to read the stuff in the winmo folder and locked up. I think the cabs files are the problem. Im trouble shooting now with the winmo folder thing. I think the solution is no cabs just media(movies and music)basics in the winmo folder. It trail and error time, the good thing is I dont think you can brick your device. Worst case softreset or hardreset.

So what it seems the outcome will eventually be in the future is to fully modd your ROM , then remove cab files and winmo exe stuff from sd, only leaving normal media (music and movies) then dump droid file on it. Or store winmo stuffs straight to device memory... and keep sd free for droid business...

This post is based on me trying alot of different thing re: winmo stuff on sd while trying to boot Android.

Big Dogs pls chime in...

Last edited by info[]box1; 03-08-2010 at 01:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
From what I read, sounds like the speaker is disabled due to battery drain and it making strange sounds. Read it somewhere, don't remember where.
Hmm that's odd... I mean it kinda makes sense but at the same time I'm sure if that's the only thing holding it back it should be solved soon...

I run MAC OS/X and Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic partitioned on my Win7/Vista hard drive and the only thing that kept me from having sound on either of them was a simple driver update, so I figured this being Linux and Microsoft as well it was probably just a driver missing or needing to be updated or something like that...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2