PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

yuyjust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyjust View Post
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; XDANDROID Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I have to say i am super impress with the latest build (with touch screen patched). i have been using this build since 7am this morning and its 1pm in the after noon, everything work perfectly (for the stuffs that suppose to work anyway). touch screen work flawlessly, no more double tap issue. 3g and voice work as it should (although it took me good 5 min after boot to get 3g icon on top of screen, and i have to go into wireleaa setting to register network for couple of time). Market and wifi work great.

i have been using it for the past 6 hours and still running (have no way to check current battery status) and i will use it until it die to see how long a fully charged battery last.

So far i took a 15 min call, 40 or so sms, and average 20 min/hr web surfing (i dont do much at work). so that is very impressive for me (winmo would have probably 30% battery by now.
when you say "latest build", do you mean the latest Kernel and modules posted on glemsom?
yes...lastest kernel and zImage. sorry i wasnt more specific. Ok now booted back to winmo side, and i have 45% on the battery. Not too bad at all.

Just to note, I tried plugged in on the windows mobile before I booted haret last night. Check it at 2am and my phone is totally dead, so charging at least isnt working for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

jeep447 is just getting started
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftrue View Post
I am running a stock ROM from US Cellular with 6.5 without issues. We have our own issues with data, but that has to do with our carrier.
Ok thanks man...thats good to hear! I have seen that some people are running the energy rom...does anyone know if you have to do anything special to get android going with the energy rom?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyjust View Post
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

yes...lastest kernel and zImage. sorry i wasnt more specific. Ok now booted back to winmo side, and i have 45% on the battery. Not too bad at all.

Just to note, I tried plugged in on the windows mobile before I booted haret last night. Check it at 2am and my phone is totally dead, so charging at least isnt working for me.
Ok will give it a try tonight. Thanks given
Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447 View Post
Ok thanks man...thats good to hear! I have seen that some people are running the energy rom...does anyone know if you have to do anything special to get android going with the energy rom?
I ran energy rom with no problems. Just remember to uncheck "HTC Sense" in items.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

yuyjust is a n00b

ohh btw im on sprint tp2, with MightyRom.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:11 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
I ran energy rom with no problems. Just remember to uncheck "HTC Sense" in items.
You da man herbster...Thanks I think I'm gonna tackle that one this weekend...any reason I shouldn't? I noticed you said you "ran" energy rom...Did you not like it? Thanks for the help man
Old 03-18-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
You da man herbster...Thanks I think I'm gonna tackle that one this weekend...any reason I shouldn't? I noticed you said you "ran" energy rom...Did you not like it? Thanks for the help man
I enjoyed it but the battery life was less than spectacular vs say a mighty or x. From what I understand x is one of the better for bat life. I now run a slimmed down custom since I have been using LeSScro's Windows 7 and it's pretty quick and something new. I switch around quite a bit. I am looking forward to android in a more complete state. I really need bluetooth for work and in car.
Come to think of it, you probably don't need to disable HTC Sense. I forgot I was on the android forum, lol. When using LeSScro Windows 7 you should remove HTC Sense to keep it runnin like butta.

Last edited by herbster; 03-18-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

wish I was able to help out on this project! wouldn't know how to get started though, haha
I will continue to be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the latest news!!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

ddavtian is just getting started

Quote:
Running yesterday's energy rom on Sprint TP2. Tried Android first time last night, initial boot took 5 min, after that around 2 min. 3G connection after removing the sim card, fast connection, phone works well, got new apps from the market place. I'm new to this sub-forum, very, very impressed.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:33 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
I enjoyed it but the battery life was less than spectacular vs say a mighty or x. From what I understand x is one of the better for bat life. I now run a slimmed down custom since I have been using LeSScro's Windows 7 and it's pretty quick and something new. I switch around quite a bit. I am looking forward to android in a more complete state. I really need bluetooth for work and in car.
Come to think of it, you probably don't need to disable HTC Sense. I forgot I was on the android forum, lol. When using LeSScro Windows 7 you should remove HTC Sense to keep it runnin like butta.
OMG i want that LeSScro man!!! Can you pretty please point me in the right direction? is it a rom? YOu would be my super hero!! LOL thats awesome!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2