PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
Sorry if this is an old/known issue, but i noticed that if I switch to landscape while in google maps the graphics get jacked up. It looke like the every pixel row is shifted severely or something. If I change back to portrait it usually comes back.
Please refer to the issues list when reporting an issue.

lol, now that I look at the list it's not on there. I told ACL about it, but perhaps I didn't create an issue on it. Doing so now... thanks.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 12-20-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Glad you hadn't put on there since I hadn't checked.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

While on the topic of issues that aren't on the list, but are probably well known and I just hadn't read them... my wifi stays connected for a while and works fine, but then drops out and I have to turn off the wifi's and turn them back on. Am I crazy or did GSP work in 1.2.3? I thought it was working, updated to 12/5 version and it wasn't. I tried everything (including task29), then I read a post that looks it's it's know that it doesn't work. I must be going nuts. Sorry for my dumb questions, I"m sort of new to android on the TP/TP2.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

New Release 12 - 21 - 2011

Sorry i've been out but i finally got my 400 to boot after flashing winmo like 3 times. Anyway here is what is we have for this release

LK - New LK which will now only go into fastboot on a coldboot. This means android reboots wont get stuck on flashboot anymore if on usb. So what is a "cold boot"? its a boot that happens when a battery is pulled out. So if you have to go to fastboot. Shut the device down, pull the batt and pop it back in and boot (plug in usb early) and it will go to fastboot.

OMGB - Some bugs were killed (All devices)
1) damn market FC because of no language. This one is funny since no other devices on OMGB have these settings (or cm7). But it's fixed so.
2) Issue 11 reported by various people. It was related to gsensor which caused a lockup. fixed.
3) Camera can now take pictures. You can continue using a 3rd party cam if you like, but the aosp one works fine.
4) The world phone Ril was merged in.
5) Rhod100 changes were merged in

Bugs that were not killed are the SMD kernel panics. These happen from time to time when going to sleep or when rebooting. Hard to kill since its deep in the .27 kernel. My plan is to upgrade that piece of code until fixed, so look out for the experimental kernels.

GSM Rhods.

There is still no MIC, but i will release an experimental kernel since i believe thats where the issue is. I didn't want to included it with this release since CDMA is very stable and i didn't want to introduce more bugs.

CDMA Rhods.

I have a hack to fix the ringer. Problem is that is seems to break speakerphone. So you will have to use at your own risk. I'll upload it later.

p.s. No, none of these have GPS enabled. I need the system to be more stable to re-introduce that back in. Once the SMD bug is killed, we can bring the GPS in.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 AM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b
Did you say the fix for the ringer will be seperate? The reason I'm asking is that it looks like the speaker phone is not working with this release as is. The google maps issue from when going from portrait to landscape is still broken. Didn't like that was one of the things that was supposed to be fixed, but thought I would let you know.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2011, 04:48 AM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b
Sorry misread your post after re-reading its obvious the portrait to landscape issue was not intended to be fixed.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Awesome!

Perhaps a painfully obvious question, but is it possible to flash the new LK (RHODIMG.BIN) without wiping out the rest of the phone?

ACL - I had a crash overnight (before seeing this upgrade). Not sure if the last_kmsg will help, but since I pulled it you may as well have it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_kmsg4.zip (18.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: MTS

viber is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to viber

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
New Release 12 - 21 - 2011

3) Camera can now take pictures. You can continue using a 3rd party cam if you like, but the aosp one works fine.
4) The world phone Ril was merged in.
5) Rhod100 changes were merged in
Hi i install your new build. In this build mobile network working like before only after 112 calling.
Camera in this build on my rhod 100 was started, but when i start move phone image corrupt, freeze and phone too. Need to reset.
This situation was before in DS-builds but someone with name brinka123 made kernel and modules where this issue was solved for rhod100.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viber View Post
This situation was before in DS-builds but someone with name brinka123 made kernel and modules where this issue was solved for rhod100.
Those patches were never accepted mainline.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Awesome!

Perhaps a painfully obvious question, but is it possible to flash the new LK (RHODIMG.BIN) without wiping out the rest of the phone?

ACL - I had a crash overnight (before seeing this upgrade). Not sure if the last_kmsg will help, but since I pulled it you may as well have it.
This is the SMD bug that has not been fixed yet. .. ill keep attacking it.

[137737.260864] OOPS - smd_tty_buffer mismatch?!<2>kernel BUG at drivers/char/tty_ldisc.c:199!
[137748.585235] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
[137748.585296] pgd = c5010000
[137748.585357] [00000000] *pgd=12a03031, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
[137748.585418] Internal error: Oops: 817 [#1] PREEMPT
[137748.585479] Modules linked in:
[137748.585510] CPU: 0 Not tainted (2.6.27.46-01369-g7ddeac5-dirty #767)
[137748.585601] PC is at __bug+0x20/0x2c
[137748.585662] LR is at vprintk+0x318/0x380

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development