PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (Latest version 1.2.3) - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sigh... I guess we need a better list of broken things and how to fix them.
I've been following this thread since it started, but it can be hard to remember all the issues spread across 50+ pages of posts (I honestly don't know how you do it). It might be a good idea to keep a consolidated running list of known issues somewhere near the first post, I know I check there regularly to see what (if anything) has changed.

Quote:
Only time I had an issue with this is when one of my cards was oddly formatted to FAT instead of FAT32... Not sure what else causes SD cards to not work flashing NBH's... definitely need to fix the issue where you can't flash over USB.
Could be. I'll try reformatting it with the HP tool and see if that fixes it. EDIT - Yep, that was it.

Quote:
I thought I said this here as well, but I use the gapps package from Cyanogen. There's only one package for CM7/GB, and it's always worked great for me. ACL - perhaps you should just link to it, and pull down the one you put up.
Didn't see that for sure. Is the CM7 Gapps the one here?

Quote:
This one's been covered quite a few times - set your language to something meaningful under Settings, Language & Keyboard.
Gotcha. I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
CDMA doesn't actually use APN's. At all. That was a hack hyc used in order to easily pass information from the end-user to the system...

Also, APN's will disappear/be ignored if you don't put in the correct MCC/MNC... which again is probably related to the fact that CDMA devices don't actually use APN's.
If APNs are a "hack" is there another way to set the MMSC info?

I noticed the disappearing APNs, so I went back to my FRX7.1 install and found that Sprint/Boost is MCC 310 MNC 00.

Quote:
I've had some good luck and some bad with rebooting. Sometimes it hangs, other times it works great. I'm not sure why it works some times and not others tho... I also might be mixing up bugs, there's a couple different recoveries - are you using AOSP or CWM?
No big deal, just thought I'd mention it since the second post says it's fully working. I'm using the recovery.img from the first post, not sure which that would make it.

Last edited by mbellot; 12-03-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post

Didn't see that for sure. Is the CM7 Gapps the one here?
Get the CM7 Gapps HERE

For the market FC... set keyboard to English/ United States ... Look HERE for answer (and other issues), it was discussed back in Oct
Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
That's not quite correct. In vanilla android, CDMA phones use an APN whose name is hardcoded, and whose MMS info is supposed to be initialized by the carrier as part of their "provisioning". Use of a hardcoded APN is the real hack, from a software design point of view. My patches cleaned things up, removing the special cases for CDMA operation, so that the generic APN menus could be used to edit the MMS info for both CDMA and GSM.

Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
That's not quite correct. In vanilla android, CDMA phones use an APN whose name is hardcoded, and whose MMS info is supposed to be initialized by the carrier as part of their "provisioning". Use of a hardcoded APN is the real hack, from a software design point of view. My patches cleaned things up, removing the special cases for CDMA operation, so that the generic APN menus could be used to edit the MMS info for both CDMA and GSM.

So the rabbit hole deepens.

Not sure what's wrong with OMGB then... I don't think your CDMA MMS patches are in this build tho .
Old 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post

unfortunately your patches are only on xdandroid. omgb is almost pure aosp with some stuff from cm7. So unless CM takes on you patches, this is where the who cdma /apn discussion ends.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

[QUOTE=vzihome;2158344]
Quote:
Also, APN's will disappear/be ignored if you don't put in the correct MCC/MNC...[/QUOTE

Does your apn stick with sprint, I haven't had luck with it even with correct mcc et al

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
APN is only for gsm. The only reason its even there is because you are on a world phone. If you had gsm service, this would show the full menu with the ability to change the settings.. Hyc is right, for cdma we need to do this part ourselves as part of the build. If you look at the cm7 code for all devices they hardcode all this stuff inside. Some research will be needed to see how other devices switch carriers. I know its possible since people are running cm7 on boost and other carriers without a custom build.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
[QUOTE='[ACL];2158633']
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post

APN is only for gsm. The only reason its even there is because you are on a world phone. If you had gsm service, this would show the full menu with the ability to change the settings.. Hyc is right, for cdma we need to do this part ourselves as part of the build. If you look at the cm7 code for all devices they hardcode all this stuff inside. Some research will be needed to see how other devices switch carriers. I know its possible since people are running cm7 on boost and other carriers without a custom build.
Understood, just a little bit of info I found was reading up on some old threads about adb pushing apn.xml from cm into roms since it was the most complete but still no luck, I wouldn't figure it would of been that easy.

On another note what was the fix for keyboard layout, came back to nand after vacation and its first time I get the weird keyboard layout mentioned in earlier posts.

Last edited by vzihome; 12-04-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

[QUOTE=vzihome;2158653]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post

Understood, just a little bit of info I found was reading up on some old threads about adb pushing apn.xml from cm into roms since it was the most complete but still no luck, I wouldn't figure it would of been that easy.

On another note what was the fix for keyboard layout, came back to nand after vacation and its first time I get the weird keyboard layout mentioned in earlier posts.

For the kb issue, you basically have to do this stuff manually:

https://gitorious.org/tinboot-for-li...-seq.sh#line97
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=arrrghhh;2158657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post

For the kb issue, you basically have to do this stuff manually:

https://gitorious.org/tinboot-for-li...-seq.sh#line97
you must be using an outdated recovery. Bottom line is that this is actually executed by the installer in the beginning.

the 1.2.3 released fixed all to work with cm7 and the basic recovery. Just ran the latest one right now and files copied just fine. The file is located in /system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh

You can run this manual if you want from the recovery when system is mounted.

I'm uploading everything tonight.. tomorrow im going to get raped by the gsm folk.. im thinking of a private release first .. lot of things not working for them. As for cdma, only sexy improvements :-p
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
[QUOTE='[ACL];2158667']
Quote:

you must be using an outdated recovery. Bottom line is that this is actually executed by the installer in the beginning.

the 1.2.3 released fixed all to work with cm7 and the basic recovery. Just ran the latest one right now and files copied just fine. The file is located in /system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh

You can run this manual if you want from the recovery when system is mounted.

I'm uploading everything tonight.. tomorrow im going to get raped by the gsm folk.. im thinking of a private release first .. lot of things not working for them. As for cdma, only sexy improvements :-p
I'm using latest everything except the actual build I'm using the stable one 2.3.5 so I don't know ill try the other one see if it fixes anything, thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development