PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

New version is up. I left the original 1.2.3 up since some folk use it constantly and have no issue. For the others who wish to continue testing then try the 1.2.3 (12/5) build.

Changes:
  1. Improved Power management for the panel
  2. Removed default TP points and pull calibration from winmo. Make sure you calib your panel in Winmo before going nand. Those will be your defaults from now on.
  3. pppd runs using a wrapper now so you can hax without rebuilding anything. This is temporary until a cleaner way is built.
  4. Add GSM support (nand tables are not optimal and currently work in progress)
  5. Fixed gapps. re-uploaded and should be fine now.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
New version is up. I left the original 1.2.3 up since some folk use it constantly and have no issue. For the others who wish to continue testing then try the 1.2.3 (12/5) build.

Changes:
  2. Removed default TP points and pull calibration from winmo. Make sure you calib your panel in Winmo before going nand. Those will be your defaults from now on.
  3. pppd runs using a wrapper now so you can hax without rebuilding anything. This is temporary until a cleaner way is built.
You out did yourself ACL, this build is fast, stable, what more can I say. Had a little trouble though, didn't go back to windows and calibrated, just flashed new build... good thing I had calibration file from sdcard builds, and that this phone has a hw keyboard. Will test and give more feedback....Also issue with keyboard layout no problem (could it be build related) still using same lk,recovery haven't flash new ones.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post

Changes:
This build is running great on my RHOD500, thanks!

One question I've been meaning to ask, since 1.2.3 the only language available is English. Why was support for other languages removed?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
You out did yourself ACL, this build is fast, stable, what more can I say. Had a little trouble though, didn't go back to windows and calibrated, just flashed new build... good thing I had calibration file from sdcard builds, and that this phone has a hw keyboard. Will test and give more feedback....Also issue with keyboard layout no problem (could it be build related) still using same lk,recovery haven't flash new ones.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
You dont need to go back to winmo. As long as you had it calibrated back in winmo then it will pick it up. However you do need the New LK for that. The old LK didnt pass back down the settings.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
This build is running great on my RHOD500, thanks!

One question I've been meaning to ask, since 1.2.3 the only language available is English. Why was support for other languages removed?
I'm not sure. I'm not the author of the build, i simply wrote the device code for our rhods.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:15 AM
motolil

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

ACL, when it will be working GSM in builds for CDMA RHOD's?
It's one of the reason why I can't try it(
Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motolil View Post
ACL, when it will be working GSM in builds for CDMA RHOD's?
It's one of the reason why I can't try it(
Have you tried it? He's been working on worldphone functionality for a while, but no one stepped up to properly test it. I was going to SIM unlock my slot and test with some friend's SIM card, but that's not a good test. Someone who actually uses/needs it would be better.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 AM
motolil

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I probably tested it, but it doen't work - in "world" it can't find a network, when choose "gsm", it is suddenly jumps back to "cdma" or "world"
Old 12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: pro2

xjustlove is a n00b

I made a GSM/WCDMA ROM,but the 3G data is not work.log: "disconencted with last try at xxxx AM fail because unknown data error." I hope somebody tell me why...
Old 12-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motolil View Post
I probably tested it, but it doen't work - in "world" it can't find a network, when choose "gsm", it is suddenly jumps back to "cdma" or "world"
As always, logs are the only way to get things fixed. ACL really needs someone who actually uses GSM on these CDMA devices to troubleshoot/debug with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjustlove View Post
I made a GSM/WCDMA ROM,but the 3G data is not work.log: "disconencted with last try at xxxx AM fail because unknown data error." I hope somebody tell me why...
What do you mean you 'made a GSM/WCDMA ROM'? This thread is for help with OMGB.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 12-05-2011 at 12:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development