PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Not handle serialno boot option

SoD when I turn on data connection, leave it until screen auto turn off.
Seems no error in kernel logs, does SMD_DS trap into deadlock?
Yeah, serial will be handled later but this error will always show since its not a kernel param.

Can you check cpu usage? wondering if you may be pegged. That could cause false SODs sometimes.

Your logs look clean, but perhaps there is a sync going on which is why your SMD_DS has an active wake lock.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Yeah, serial will be handled later but this error will always show since its not a kernel param.

Can you check cpu usage? wondering if you may be pegged. That could cause false SODs sometimes.

Your logs look clean, but perhaps there is a sync going on which is why your SMD_DS has an active wake lock.
Logcat no CPU pegged error.
But SoD still, I can confirm pppd cause this , but don't know why.
Maybe we can add some debug logs, when SoD, press power button, kernel catch wakeup event or not, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (33.0 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by muziling; 01-17-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Thank you, I had indeed missed that.

Michael
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

imattefinish is a n00b
Smile Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

First off THANKS I've been wanting to run Android without running it from the external SD card for a while. Just wanted to tell you that I had a few difficulties initially installing it. As others have noted before SD cards over 4gb don't work and smaller cards must be fat32 when flashing from SD. I had to install PDanet to get the driver to work for fastboot then it went like a breeze. Originally tried clockwork recovery first while Android ran quicker I could not access recovery. Re-flashed with the regular recovery.img and then was able to access recovery repeatedly without fail and was able to flash OMGB_rhodium-1.2.3-01162012.zip and then finally get the Gapps.zip flashed. The only issues I have had once OMGB was fully installed have been having no key acting as a home key both the power button and end key act as the power button on any other android device acts, the known issue with screen rotation in the gallery app, and telling the phone to reboot or go into recovery from the shut down menu do not work they just bring the device halfway thru the bootloader and they always stop at a different point. Telling it to shut down the Starting it back up works perfect every time. I just thought I would put down all my issues in case it helps some one else or you. I admit I am not much beyond a noob at this I mostly lurk and decided to try to contribute something. If their are any logs that you want just tell me what and which app or method you prefer them gathered from and I will post them I currently have aLogcat on the device. I'm using a Sprint TP2 Rhodium 400.
Again much thanks this has taught me alot more than what I new from messing around with Android only devices.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by imattefinish View Post
First off THANKS I've been wanting to run Android without running it from the external SD card for a while. Just wanted to tell you that I had a few difficulties initially installing it. As others have noted before SD cards over 4gb don't work and smaller cards must be fat32 when flashing from SD. I had to install PDanet to get the driver to work for fastboot then it went like a breeze. Originally tried clockwork recovery first while Android ran quicker I could not access recovery. Re-flashed with the regular recovery.img and then was able to access recovery repeatedly without fail and was able to flash OMGB_rhodium-1.2.3-01162012.zip and then finally get the Gapps.zip flashed. The only issues I have had once OMGB was fully installed have been having no key acting as a home key both the power button and end key act as the power button on any other android device acts, the known issue with screen rotation in the gallery app, and telling the phone to reboot or go into recovery from the shut down menu do not work they just bring the device halfway thru the bootloader and they always stop at a different point. Telling it to shut down the Starting it back up works perfect every time. I just thought I would put down all my issues in case it helps some one else or you. I admit I am not much beyond a noob at this I mostly lurk and decided to try to contribute something. If their are any logs that you want just tell me what and which app or method you prefer them gathered from and I will post them I currently have aLogcat on the device. I'm using a Sprint TP2 Rhodium 400.
Again much thanks this has taught me alot more than what I new from messing around with Android only devices.
I have used both 1 gb and 8gb cards to flash android no problem and both were formatted fat32(I believe its a have to),to set endkey to home you need to set it on spareparts. Reboot into recovery from boot menu always worked on old builds haven't tried this yet. Arggghhh posted an app GetLogs earlier and I believe its on google nand download page. I also own rhod400

Edit: I believe the new htc usb drivers are causing issues, by issues I mean they need to be installed in order to flash recovery. I had to reinstall new android drivers, winxp did automatically.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by vzihome; 01-17-2012 at 08:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Crap. I think the Mic worked before. I remember some gsm folk saying that was the only way they could make calls (when gsm had no working mic).

So something recent broke mic prob
Why not just do what HaRET does, and always turn the mic on...? You can talk to detule on how it was done (or maybe it was WisTilt2 that did it, but both should know the "how") - but on HaRET when you look at logcat, you can see the mic is literally always set to =1... Seems to resolve a lot of these little issues.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Why not just do what HaRET does, and always turn the mic on...? You can talk to detule on how it was done (or maybe it was WisTilt2 that did it, but both should know the "how") - but on HaRET when you look at logcat, you can see the mic is literally always set to =1... Seems to resolve a lot of these little issues.
No need. I believe i found the issue.

I'll need a gsm guy to test the h2w headset. If mic works for them, then i know the bug. Sucks because it may be the 3.5mm bug that killed the mic detection.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I have used both 1 gb and 8gb cards to flash android no problem and both were formatted fat32(I believe its a have to),to set endkey to home you need to set it on spareparts. Reboot into recovery from boot menu always worked on old builds haven't tried this yet. Arggghhh posted an app GetLogs earlier and I believe its on google nand download page. I also own rhod400

Edit: I believe the new htc usb drivers are causing issues, by issues I mean they need to be installed in order to flash recovery. I had to reinstall new android drivers, winxp did automatically.

Yeah, sorry about that. I borrowed a work XP laptop and was annoyed with the different vendor IDs for LK and ADB. So i started using the Hboot ID since it comes already with the ADB drivers. But if its causing issues, we can revert back

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-17-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Logcat no CPU pegged error.
But SoD still, I can confirm pppd cause this , but don't know why.
Maybe we can add some debug logs, when SoD, press power button, kernel catch wakeup event or not, etc.
Thing is the system never knows when there is an SOD. If you look at your logs, the UNBLANK is actually being called which is the last stage of the screen wake up.

Now lets just do some simple troubleshooting. Disable data, does it issue happen? if not then examine your ppp and see what could be causing the issue.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Yeah, sorry about that. I borrowed a work XP laptop and was annoyed with the different vendor IDs for LK and ADB. So i started using the Hboot ID since it comes already with the ADB drivers. But if its causing issues, we can revert back
No need to reverting just need to let people know about new drivers before you get swamped with people saying "I can't install ..."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development