PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

thecensor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Logs/getprop will verify what version you're on.

GBX0A is ancient, over a year old. FRX should work fine, perhaps you've done something with your camera? I don't know. I don't think I've seen any logs from your reboots after using cam however.
Camera works fine under WinMo. How do I get logs from my phone?

Another interesting question is why do I keep getting the message:
"sorry the procees com android. phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. Force close"
after the first boot...

Last edited by thecensor; 03-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
Camera works fine under WinMo. How do I get logs from my phone?
http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Logs
Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thecensor is a n00b

Quote:
I ran GetLogs before and after I pressed the 'camera' icon (which caused the phone to reboot). I attached the data.txt files.

Last edited by thecensor; 04-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I ran GetLogs before and after I pressed the 'camera' icon (which caused the phone to reboot). I attached the data.txt files.
Ok, perhaps I jumped the gun here.

First off, you only posted one log - but you say you ran get logs before and after?

Second, I think we established this already - the phone reboots to WinMo, yes? If that's the case, the only option is the LAST_KMSG logs. They're in /data/system/dropbox/ while in Android. Find the SYSTEM_LAST_KMSG files.

Your dmesg log stops pretty quickly. Unfortunately on a reboot to WinMo, you either have to setup continuous logs (see previous link) or look at the LAST_KMSG files. Sometimes both is useful...

Literally no one has this issue, so I have to think it's something environmental with your device, I just can't think of what unless there was a hardware replacement somewhere in the life of that device...?

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-21-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thecensor is a n00b

Quote:
Ok, perhaps I jumped the gun here.

First off, you only posted one log - but you say you ran get logs before and after?

Second, I think we established this already - the phone reboots to WinMo, yes? If that's the case, the only option is the LAST_KMSG logs. They're in /data/dropbox/ while in Android. Find the SYSTEM_LAST_KMSG files.

Your dmesg log stops pretty quickly. Unfortunately on a reboot to WinMo, you either have to setup continuous logs (see previous link) or look at the LAST_KMSG files. Sometimes both is useful...

Literally no one has this issue, so I have to think it's something environmental with your device, I just can't think of what unless there was a hardware replacement somewhere in the life of that device...?
Yes, I ran it twice thinking it would append the results, but I guess it didn't.

The phone does reboot to WinMo. Help me with the other points, how do I access /data/dropbox while in Android? and how do I see the LAST_KMSG files.

I got this phone from ebay from a seller with a high reputation. I think the camera worked fine under both FRX and WinMo in the beginning but I'm not sure. Now it only works under Winmo. If it were a hardware problem I don't think it would have worked under WinMO.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by thecensor; 03-20-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes, I ran it twice thinking it would append the results, but I guess it didn't.

The phone does reboot to WinMo. Help me with the other points, how do I access /data/dropbox while in Android? and how do I see the LAST_KMSG files.

I got this phone from ebay from a seller with a high reputation. I think the camera worked fine under both FRX and WinMo in the beginning but I'm not sure. Now it only works under Winmo. If it were a hardware problem I don't think it would have worked under WinMO.

Thanks for your help!
I sincerely hope you didn't purchase the phone with Android on it, or with the impression that this device runs Android flawlessly...

At any rate, the files are in that folder while in Android. Use a file explorer or adb to view them. Droid Explorer works well if you use Windows. The LAST_KMSG files are stored here.

If you can setup continuous logs, perhaps that would help as well. Honestly the cam is flaky in general, but I don't think I've ever had it cause complete reboots. RHOD100 folk have issues with the cam where it'll lock up the OS, and I've had issues where the cam app crashes or just works very poorly... but never has it rebooted the phone. Hence the reason I think there's something wrong.

Also, what do you mean "in the beginning"? What changed when the camera stopped working? Perhaps I'm reading too much into this phrase, but you make it sound like something happened to the device since you first got it.

Edit: yeesh, I've been out of it for too long. The correct location is /data/system/dropbox from within Android. I'll edit my previous incorrect posts, derp.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-21-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thecensor is a n00b

Is there a way to forward you attachments, or is it safe to post these files here?

To answer your questions. I didn't get the phone with Android pre installed. I installed it myself. And I did not expect it to be flawless, but other than the camera it works fine.

I think the camera might have worked fine under droid, but that was a long time ago, in fact I just tried it a few moments ago and it worked once, but didn't work subsequent times. Very strange

Quote:
I sincerely hope you didn't purchase the phone with Android on it, or with the impression that this device runs Android flawlessly...

At any rate, the files are in that folder while in Android. Use a file explorer or adb to view them. Droid Explorer works well if you use Windows. The LAST_KMSG files are stored here.

If you can setup continuous logs, perhaps that would help as well. Honestly the cam is flaky in general, but I don't think I've ever had it cause complete reboots. RHOD100 folk have issues with the cam where it'll lock up the OS, and I've had issues where the cam app crashes or just works very poorly... but never has it rebooted the phone. Hence the reason I think there's something wrong.

Also, what do you mean "in the beginning"? What changed when the camera stopped working? Perhaps I'm reading too much into this phrase, but you make it sound like something happened to the device since you first got it.

Edit: yeesh, I've been out of it for too long. The correct location is /data/system/dropbox from within Android. I'll edit my previous incorrect posts, derp.

Last edited by thecensor; 03-21-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
OK here goes. I will forward you the files by private message since I don't know how to mask personal details. hopefully that will be useful.

To answer your questions. I didn't get the phone with Android pre installed. I installed it myself. And I did not expect it to be flawless, but other than the camera it works fine.

I think the camera might have worked fine under droid, but that was a long time ago, in fact I just tried it a few moments ago and it worked once, but didn't work subsequent times. Very strange
Fortunately there's literally nothing personal in kernel logs... except maybe the SSID from wifi...? It certainly won't contain phone numbers, emails, or any of the other sensitive data that logcat (userland logs) contain.

We'll see what we can dig up, but since you're the only one with the issue... I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thecensor is a n00b

Quote:
Fortunately there's literally nothing personal in kernel logs... except maybe the SSID from wifi...? It certainly won't contain phone numbers, emails, or any of the other sensitive data that logcat (userland logs) contain.

We'll see what we can dig up, but since you're the only one with the issue... I'm not going to hold my breath.
OK, here goes, I don't know if I was successful in doing it continuous, but I can redo it necessary.

Last edited by thecensor; 04-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
OK, here goes, I don't know if I was successful in doing it continuous, but I can redo it necessary.
Damn. I'm no expert here, but I cannot find an explosion or kernel panic of any sort. Have you tried any different kernels...?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development