View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
thecensor
PPCGeeks Regular

thecensor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Is there a way to forward you attachments, or is it safe to post these files here?

To answer your questions. I didn't get the phone with Android pre installed. I installed it myself. And I did not expect it to be flawless, but other than the camera it works fine.

I think the camera might have worked fine under droid, but that was a long time ago, in fact I just tried it a few moments ago and it worked once, but didn't work subsequent times. Very strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I sincerely hope you didn't purchase the phone with Android on it, or with the impression that this device runs Android flawlessly...

At any rate, the files are in that folder while in Android. Use a file explorer or adb to view them. Droid Explorer works well if you use Windows. The LAST_KMSG files are stored here.

If you can setup continuous logs, perhaps that would help as well. Honestly the cam is flaky in general, but I don't think I've ever had it cause complete reboots. RHOD100 folk have issues with the cam where it'll lock up the OS, and I've had issues where the cam app crashes or just works very poorly... but never has it rebooted the phone. Hence the reason I think there's something wrong.

Also, what do you mean "in the beginning"? What changed when the camera stopped working? Perhaps I'm reading too much into this phrase, but you make it sound like something happened to the device since you first got it.

Edit: yeesh, I've been out of it for too long. The correct location is /data/system/dropbox from within Android. I'll edit my previous incorrect posts, derp.

Last edited by thecensor; 03-21-2012 at 03:18 PM.