PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-08: Full NAND FRX05 Testing (Data not working for some)

OK

This is kinda weird, but wifi just .............. co ... con....... connected,
Thanks guys, I would like to thank you all by name, but I would spill your names wrong, and then look stupid, so thanks to all who help with this project.

Now for the stupid question, would you guys not have the same connection problem as me if you were doing a fresh install, or are you guys just doing updates...
cuz if you are just doing updates wouldnt it be harder to know if something else broke.... remember this is like talking to me about event horizons, and sub atomic particles, or worst women!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-08: Full NAND FRX05 Testing (Data not working for some)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Nate. Look at the install-seq.sh now.

The reason why Wifi didn't work was because it was not getting past the #echo "Installing...Recovery" section. We will just need to leave that out until we can get the recovery part working.
You must have had an old install-seq.sh file if it was breaking there. I did a commit a couple days ago to fix that issue. I put it up on git so we would all use the same one for easier troubleshooting.

That being said, I think I may have the modules thing ironed out for multiple kernel versions. Here's the code that I'm testing right now in install-seq.sh:
Code:
if [ ! -d /data/modules/`uname -r` ] ; then
    mkdir /data/modules/`uname -r`
    cp -a /data/modules /data/modules/`uname -r`
    cp -R /system/etc/wifi/* /data/modules/`uname -r`
    rm /system/lib/modules/`uname -r`
    ln -s /data/modules/`uname -r` /system/lib/modules/`uname -r`
elif [ ! -e /system/lib/modules/`uname -r` ] ; then
fi
Also, if we make this change, we need to fix up init, so I did this:
Code:
if [ ! -d /data/modules/`uname -r` ] ; then
    echo "Modules are not installed. Download the matching"
    fail "androidupdate.tgz and put it in your andboot folder"
elif [ ! -e /system/lib/modules/`uname -r` ] ; then
fi
If this works the way I'm expecting, I'll attach the install-seq.sh, NBH, and androidupdate.tgz to a post for people to test with. Assuming it works properly for them too, then I'll commit it. I guess on ln, the last folder listed in the command is finnicky. If that folder exists, it will create an additional folder under it named the last folder in the target directory name. If it doesn't exist, it will simply create it there. Finally got that all figured out since I was a little confused

Last edited by natemcnutty; 03-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
OK

This is kinda weird, but wifi just .............. co ... con....... connected,
Thanks guys, I would like to thank you all by name, but I would spill your names wrong, and then look stupid, so thanks to all who help with this project.

Now for the stupid question, would you guys not have the same connection problem as me if you were doing a fresh install, or are you guys just doing updates...
cuz if you are just doing updates wouldnt it be harder to know if something else broke.... remember this is like talking to me about event horizons, and sub atomic particles, or worst women!
At this point, we each have our own clone locally going where we are making changes. We should be testing each change we make, and then commit them if they are good. Unfortunately, sometimes we miss work that we have done to fix something, it isn't committed with the other commits, and then it works for us but not everyone else

As for the androidupdate.tgz, I'm hoping we move away from having anything but modules in those. It's useful for now to make system changes and all that, but eventually those should be cooked into the system rather than applied from the update.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, data is looking awesome, but I back to the drawing board on that code for modules

Edit: Holy crap is this thing smooth...

Last edited by natemcnutty; 03-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice. Smooth. Sexy.

Job well done!

Observations:
FR05, camera no worky...
Gmail Sync'ed... Calendar Sync'ed... GPS location in the ocean...
Youtube -- "There was a problem while playing" Message
USB Drive works!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
Nice. Smooth. Sexy.

Job well done!

Observations:
FR05, camera no worky...
USB Drive works!
you look like someone who wants to keep a running list of whats up.... we need it. So if you can keep track if it, awesome..

nate: Thanks alot for tackling that module thing. i got my pot of coffee ready so im hopefully finishing up this recovery soon. THe downside right now is that everyone will need to reflash eventually:-p .. yup.. until we get around the multi kernel thing we need to wipe everything, but lmiller had success with the backup and restore so its not so bad ..

This is the latest screenshot off the recovery .. It's no magldr, but it will suffice for us. I'm keeping the backend script based so we all can maintain it. Only part that will require recompiles is the UI itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-03-12 00.40.23.jpg (177.7 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
Nice. Smooth. Sexy.

Job well done!

Observations:
FR05, camera no worky...
USB Drive works!
Thanks, I added those to the first post. If you'd like to keep a running tab of working/not working, I can link that in the first post as well. If not, I can just keep updating the first post with everyone's experiences
Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

So ACL/LMiller, I was wondering if we should consider creating a new git for the android install and android update files. For android install, we would only need to maintain the files that deviate from FRX05. This way we can keep track of sysinit.rc and maybe try using /system/init instead of the init.android in initrd

What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
So ACL/LMiller, I was wondering if we should consider creating a new git for the android install and android update files. For android install, we would only need to maintain the files that deviate from FRX05. This way we can keep track of sysinit.rc and maybe try using /system/init instead of the init.android in initrd

What do you guys think?
I think we stopped using the init.android in initrd. If we havent then we need to start including init inside /system. The init.android inside the initrd will be replaced by the recovery version (which is very similar if not almost identical) this way recovery is always possible even if android poops. The initrd automatically checks for init inside system (as it should) so no changes are needed there when moving the correct init inside /system.

Eventually im hoping we can include our work in the xdandroid git. So i can ask stine to create a small project for us in there so we can be officially part of xdandroid. If not, well then we can always just make our own. I'll email him and let yall know. This way to create frx5, all we would need to do is pull the files over the base img and we should be golden.

how does that sound?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I think we stopped using the init.android in initrd. If we havent then we need to start including init inside /system. The init.android inside the initrd will be replaced by the recovery version (which is very similar if not almost identical) this way recovery is always possible even if android poops. The initrd automatically checks for init inside system (as it should) so no changes are needed there when moving the correct init inside /system.

Eventually im hoping we can include our work in the xdandroid git. So i can ask stine to create a small project for us in there so we can be officially part of xdandroid. If not, well then we can always just make our own. I'll email him and let yall know. This way to create frx5, all we would need to do is pull the files over the base img and we should be golden.

how does that sound?
Sounds great to me. You're the man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development