PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 01-07: Panel power on/off fixes

ok im liking this

mtdparts=msm_nand:0x20000000@0x0(nand),0x800000@0x 4000000(root),0x0A000000@0x4800000(system),0xF8000 00@0xE800000(userdata),0x2000000@0x1E000000(cache)

also someone asked me to try to use the old pppd from bin directory in the /system/bin

any of you gents want to try this out ?

also a test with this ril and the sysinit.rc

http://htcdevs.wirelesstcp.net/files...generic-ril.so

Last edited by [ACL]; 03-03-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
ok im liking this

mtdparts=msm_nand:0x20000000@0x0(nand),0x800000@0x 4000000(root),0x0A000000@0x4800000(system),0xF8000 00@0xE800000(userdata),0x2000000@0x1E000000(cache)

also someone asked me to try to use the old pppd from bin directory in the /system/bin

any of you gents want to try this out ?

also a test with this ril and the sysinit.rc

http://htcdevs.wirelesstcp.net/files...generic-ril.so
Just a note, the cache and userdata are flip-flopped on that cmdline. I'm doing a little bit of testing right now. Just finished up the install script and init changes to set up and use /cache
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Just a note, the cache and userdata are flip-flopped on that cmdline. I'm doing a little bit of testing right now. Just finished up the install script and init changes to set up and use /cache
FUK

i need to fix the commit.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: sprint

guruvince is just getting started

Quote:
FUK

Must be an acronym for something I've never heard of.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
FUK

Also, you need to change that a bit as it goes into the protected area of NAND. Luckily, flashall refused to format it! It's the data section that needs to be shortened like this:

mtdparts=msm_nand:0x20000000@0x0(nand),0x00800000@ 0x01000000(recovery),0x0A000000@0x01800000(system) ,0x04000000@0x0B800000(cache),0x10800000@0x0F80000 0(userdata)
Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
well if the sizes are right it really doesnt matter the order.

Let me know how cache works out.. also we still need manpower for the ril issue. I may have to bite the bullet and just sign a damn sprint contract.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
well if the sizes are right it really doesnt matter the order.

Let me know how cache works out.. also we still need manpower for the ril issue. I may have to bite the bullet and just sign a damn sprint contract.
Nah, no need to contract it. I'll definitely get to work on that next. Right now, I can't boot using the cmdline I want. I'm getting an error that anything below x1800000 is a protected area. I'm testing right now and I'll get this ironed out. Seeing if starting at x2000000 makes it any happier.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Nah, no need to contract it. I'll definitely get to work on that next. Right now, I can't boot using the cmdline I want. I'm getting an error that anything below x1800000 is a protected area. I'm testing right now and I'll get this ironed out. Seeing if starting at x2000000 makes it any happier.
protected ? oo

wondering where spl hides all its goodies. I still want to be able to get the ts calib . i know the nand block but havent been able to pull the data.

edit: also made massive commits to the kernel yest. all camera poop should be there
edit2: if you want to port over CWM.. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...table_recovery

Last edited by [ACL]; 03-03-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
protected ? oo

wondering where spl hides all its goodies. I still want to be able to get the ts calib . i know the nand block but havent been able to pull the data.

edit: also made massive commits to the kernel yest. all camera poop should be there
edit2: if you want to port over CWM.. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...table_recovery
Oy vey... issues everywhere. I can't tell what is causing what anymore. I thought I reverted everything back to original, but now I'm stuck at a boot loop. Guess its time to nuke the whole damn thing and re-clone it...

Edit: OK, now I got this working. Made a tiny commit to get rid of some issues I've been ignoring for a bit. I'm working my way down the partition table to see if we can start earlier on NAND now.

Edit2: I think we are stuck with the table we have on tinboot right now. Any lower values for starting seem to cause flash_eraseall to fail. The error is MEMERASE: Invalid arguement (whatever that means). I like the table we have on tinboot right now though, so I think we should just stick with that since it is working.

Now to work on the RIL issues once I get home

Last edited by natemcnutty; 03-03-2011 at 09:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

ACL, or another, I want to test the new libhtcgeneric.so file for the RIL, but I am not sure the best way to swap the new file with the old file. Could someone point me towards some instructions? I tried swapping the file using 7-zip, but that did not seem to work. Should it have?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development