PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Alright, so I made a small change. I compiled and didn't get any result.

I stashed my change, reverted the auto backlight patch. Applied my change to the reverted code.

Initialized the screen fine until it booted fully. Screen turned off. It flickers quite a bit and doesn't stay on. Probably same as before.

Thinking about it I thought it was the buffer for the brightness set.

Now I am thinking it might be a proximity sensor or the light sensor with a bad algo.

So back to where I was lol

I didn't try to push anything, I am sure ACL would beat me to death if I some how messed up the trunk. Being he probably has to give permission to people that can commit I think I am safe just to delete and reclone the git repo

Last edited by coolsilver; 11-02-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
We need to run this on a cdma phone
Also have a CDMA RHOD500.

I guess that makes more sense... I'll leave the work too you guys

Last edited by coolsilver; 11-02-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Alright, so I made a small change. I compiled and didn't get any result.

I stashed my change, reverted the auto backlight patch. Applied my change to the reverted code.

Initialized the screen fine until it booted fully. Screen turned off. It flickers quite a bit and doesn't stay on. Probably same as before.

Thinking about it I thought it was the buffer for the brightness set.

Now I am thinking it might be a proximity sensor or the light sensor with a bad algo.

So back to where I was lol

I didn't try to push anything, I am sure ACL would beat me to death if I some how messed up the trunk. Being he probably has to give permission to people that can commit I think I am safe just to delete and reclone the git repo
yeah no one can commit .. if you do however get something working, by all means make a patch and we can apply it. Read up on the web how to create patches.

Keep in mind that we can dance around in circles over this but the fact is we need to learn more about wince to get things working. We have the programming talent, so its not like we dont know how to write the code. Its just lack of knowledge of the hardware that kills us.

Also you should take a look at Dzo's kernel. He has given us great ideas in the past.

SourceForge - androidhtc/kernel.git/summary

We can't obviously copy verbatim since its for a diff device, but he does do a lot of interesting things in there.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yea I understand that.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.529; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Always glad to help

I've got a couple other rhod500 users here that I might be able to borrow their phones as well if you think it may vary from phone to phone even on the same variant.
We need to run this on a cdma phone
Yea. rhod500 is VZW CDMA. My IT group here has 4 of them. Was saying they may let me borrow them to check haretconsole if you thought it could vary from device to device even if the variants are the same

I have done some server debugging. but never anything in wince. Don't mind taking a look at it tomorrow though.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Did you still need that output from a RHOD400...? I thought that's what you had [ACL]

Keep up the good work guys, I like seeing all this activity in here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Did you still need that output from a RHOD400...? I thought that's what you had [ACL]

Keep up the good work guys, I like seeing all this activity in here
Yeha i still need it. I just need it from someone who is on winmo. I'm on nand and its a pain in the ass to go back to winmo just to run haret.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey ACL i can test it for you I am on haret and I have a RHOD400.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

o hey ACL i got a question also are you still trying to speed up the framebuffer and if so I can test kernels if you need.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Yeha i still need it. I just need it from someone who is on winmo. I'm on nand and its a pain in the ass to go back to winmo just to run haret.
Whew that took all my google-fu and then some, sheesh

Code:
Welcome, this is HaRET pre-0.5.3-20101101_214046 running on WindowsCE v5.2

Minimal virtual address: 0x10000, maximal virtual address: 0x7fffffff

Detected machine Generic ARM v6/generic (Plat='PocketPC' OEM='T7380')

CPU is ARM ARM arch 6 stepping 2 running in system mode

Enter 'HELP' for a short command summary.

HaRET(1)# dump speedpoop

PLL[0] frequency = 230 MHz

PLL[1] frequency = 960 MHz

PLL[2] frequency = 1056 MHz

PLL[3] frequency = 192 MHz

Information for PMDH

ROOT_ENA = 1

CLK_INV = 0

CLK_BRANCH_ENA = 1

SRC_DIV = 4

SRC_SEL = global PLL

Information for USBH

ROOT_ENA = 0

CLK_INV = 0

CLK_BRANCH_ENA = 0

SRC_DIV = 0

SRC_SEL = TCXO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development