PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Keyboard Mapping Fixed, HW3D, and Battery Algo Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
have you been able to compile and run the last kernel at all? more changes coming . i want to make sure we fixed the issue you were having before.
Sorry ACL, had to do a ton of stuff tonight. I'm starting the compile right now, had to re-clone the git. I was messing with pmem yesterday trying to learn, then bash froze when I went to reset the repo. Anyway, it's compiling now, but I won't have a chance to test until tomorrow.

I'm also doing a little testing with that modified rootfs, and it looks to be working great on my phone for auto-detecting the model. I'll get that posted up tomorrow as well for people to test.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 10-06-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

OK, now I'm really going to bed. I haven't had a chance to test the new NBH, but I went ahead and posted it in the first post for others to mess with if they want. I also uploaded the new rootfs. I would rename your existing rootfs and test this one out.

For the new rootfs, it will use the .kb file if you have one in the andboot. I left that in there so we can override the keyboard layout for those that want to do so. Please delete any .kb files in your andboot folder and let me know if it correctly identifies your keyboard layout
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

10-6 didnt detect the right keyboard..and got stuck on animation screen..and thanks for the droid explorer link..ill try it out..i cant get the explorer goin at all to synch with the phone

Last edited by damage_them; 10-06-2010 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Is anyone working on overall UI smoothness? A few people have mentioned how much more smooth the experience is on neopeek than on XDA; any way we can incorporate whatever neo did?
its a completely different build. Its not like just a few changes here and there. Also neopeek is based of cyanogen but im not sure what changes he has made.

Someone should talk to Reef about this. There is nothing really stopping him from going directly to CM source and compiling it himself. It would be nice if we had to make 0 changes so we can rely on the CM team to do the maintenance.

Last edited by [ACL]; 10-06-2010 at 12:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
10-6 didnt detect the right keyboard..and got stuck on animation screen..and thanks for the droid explorer link..ill try it out..i cant get the explorer goin at all to synch with the phone
Yeah, it seemed to be working for me, but once I started adding ECHO's for debugging, I realized it isn't finding any values there which means it isn't initialized yet.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Is anyone working on overall UI smoothness? A few people have mentioned how much more smooth the experience is on neopeek than on XDA; any way we can incorporate whatever neo did?
The OS onnEo is smoother, but many apps run much slower. Handsent being a really good example of Neo's weakness. It is much faster on xda. Actually, with the excpetion of Angry Birds, I prefer XDA for all around speed and reliabilty.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time

skyguy04 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
The OS onnEo is smoother, but many apps run much slower. Handsent being a really good example of Neo's weakness. It is much faster on xda. Actually, with the excpetion of Angry Birds, I prefer XDA for all around speed and reliabilty.
Yeh, let's don't make any knee-jerk reactions until we know whatever neopeek does differently is actually better. For me, the UI is a tiny bit sluggish but it's definitely not an issue for me (especially when overclocked). It's 10x faster than WM even when not over clocked.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

I think the reason that cyanogen is a little smoother is that cyanogen is a little smoother on android phones themselves. cyanogen is a real android rom developed for android phones. there team sped it up and made it faster for real androids and all neopeek did was make it so that it can run on our phones. they use the same kernels we do for xdandroid. cyanogen is not the only one there is. I believe he is porting over a bunch of different android roms to run on our phones, all of which are originally tweaked and modded for speed and performance on real androids.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
its a completely different build. Its not like just a few changes here and there. Also neopeek is based of cyanogen but im not sure what changes he has made.

Someone should talk to Reef about this. There is nothing really stopping him from going directly to CM source and compiling it himself. It would be nice if we had to make 0 changes so we can rely on the CM team to do the maintenance.
That's a great idea--I'll drop him a message. I think Android for the TP2 has made amazing strides, and if we can get the code properly tweaked for performance, I will have (in my opinion) the best non-4G Android phone around. Considering how smoothly Froyo runs on my wife's Touch, given how much beefier our device is, I think we can make this thing scream.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

i think we are done with the CM talk. Not nand related.

ive decided to find the good fight on the panel. Others have been asking for headset but i think panel gets priority.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development