PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Keyboard Mapping Fixed, HW3D, and Battery Algo Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
ahh.. im in the process of getting crown on a root canal so im kinda out of it myself. Back-light is related to panel which jonpry and tmzt are working on. We can turn it off but we cant turn it back on. They will probably need a nand tester since sometimes wince f*cks sh*t up. So you can always help them.

I'm not sure what to attack next. I wanted to implement a blit scaler similar to what dzo did for the vogue. It would allow us to run our device at different resolutions so we dont need to worry about certain roms not fitting properly (like sense ui). If this works, we can in theory run the 2.2 froyo from the wildfire without modifying anything since the gpu will scale it for us. Or if you dont mind an old release, run the hero/eris 2.1 sense ui. If i dont tackle that, i guess i can start looking at something more useful, headset? hmm maybe seeing if we can squeeze more ouf of the gpu. Not sure.. or i can help join the fight against .35 now thats a big project
Good luck with that crown. I'll see what I can do to help them out with the screen. And Jonpry pointed me in the right direction for keyboard auto-detection, so I should have a modified rootfs that does it all for us. Apparently the models are stored in /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant.

If someone on a tilt2, rhod400, or rhod210 could confirm their ID's, that would be great. Just hook up to ADB and run "cat /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant" and let me know what yours is. I'll get the modded rootfs as soon as I can
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
I'm not sure what to attack next. I wanted to implement a blit scaler similar to what dzo did for the vogue. It would allow us to run our device at different resolutions so we dont need to worry about certain roms not fitting properly (like sense ui). If this works, we can in theory run the 2.2 froyo from the wildfire without modifying anything since the gpu will scale it for us. Or if you dont mind an old release, run the hero/eris 2.1 sense ui. If i dont tackle that, i guess i can start looking at something more useful, headset? hmm maybe seeing if we can squeeze more ouf of the gpu. Not sure.. or i can help join the fight against .35 now thats a big project
How transparent would a scaler like that work? Even on the latest kernel, when running something in Nesoid, if it's scaled at all the lag is quite heavy. If it's only doubled (which should really be a very simple operation) the lag is bad, if it's actually scaled to the screen resolution, the lag is really bad.

What're the benefits of moving to a .35 kernel?

Obviously you're always free to work on whatever, but the headset would be an amazing improvement, not just to be able to use it, but since there aren't many other devs that are in a position to work on it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

my computer picks up the usb but it never installs..just shows its connected..i have vista
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
If someone on a tilt2, rhod400, or rhod210 could confirm their ID's, that would be great. Just hook up to ADB and run "cat /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant" and let me know what yours is. I'll get the modded rootfs as soon as I can
I assume this remains the same across builds? I'm currently running Neopeek's from Haret, and there isn't a file machine_variant but there is a file machtype in htc_hw.

I ran cat on machtype from the terminal (not from ADB) on my Rhod400 and it output:

Last edited by manekineko; 10-06-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I assume this remains the same across builds? I'm currently running Neopeek's from Haret, and there isn't a file machine_variant but there is a file machtype in htc_hw.

I ran cat from the terminal (not from ADB) on my Rhod400 and it output:
there is a machine_variant but in terminal it said it cant be found..and i dont know whats up with my usb its not connecting at all so i cant try adb..is there something that i didnt download for the pc?

Last edited by damage_them; 10-05-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
my computer picks up the usb but it never installs..just shows its connected..i have vista
Install the HTC Sync if you have a 32 bit os.

I have Windows 7 64bit. I had to manually install the drivers from android sdk. ADB works on mine

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Install the HTC Sync if you have a 32 bit os.

I have Windows 7 64bit. I had to manually install the drivers from android sdk. ADB works on mine

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Yeah, I had to force the driver on my work machine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
there is a machine_variant but in terminal it said it cant be found..and i dont know whats up with my usb its not connecting at all so i cant try adb..is there something that i didnt download for the pc?
Personally, I'd recommend Droid Explorer for Windows based machines. It takes care of everything for you and lets you run the console from inside it. Grab it here: Droid Explorer

Quote:

I ran cat on machtype from the terminal (not from ADB) on my Rhod400 and it output:
Thanks, but unfortunately the feedback from terminal emulators will give you userland results, and I need to make sure it returns the values pulled on startup (which should be RHOD40000 hopefully).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Good luck with that crown. I'll see what I can do to help them out with the screen. And Jonpry pointed me in the right direction for keyboard auto-detection, so I should have a modified rootfs that does it all for us. Apparently the models are stored in /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant.

have you been able to compile and run the last kernel at all? more changes coming . i want to make sure we fixed the issue you were having before.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
How transparent would a scaler like that work? Even on the latest kernel, when running something in Nesoid, if it's scaled at all the lag is quite heavy. If it's only doubled (which should really be a very simple operation) the lag is bad, if it's actually scaled to the screen resolution, the lag is really bad.

What're the benefits of moving to a .35 kernel?

Obviously you're always free to work on whatever, but the headset would be an amazing improvement, not just to be able to use it, but since there aren't many other devs that are in a position to work on it.
How is Nesoid actually scaling? i want the actual gpu to do the scaling for us not it be handled by a library or android. Android itself will think its running a completely different resolution.

.35? haha.. new kernel. We are running .27 while everyone else is probably running .32. We would run on cleaner code and about 2.5 years worth of improvements. Not to mention bragging rights. You can actually tell someone "your kernel is dog shit.. .35 bitch !!!"

turns our blackstone has headset working, so im going to see if we can use the same code for rhod. Lets cross our fingers.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
How is Nesoid actually scaling? i want the actual gpu to do the scaling for us not it be handled by a library or android. Android itself will think its running a completely different resolution.

.35? haha.. new kernel. We are running .27 while everyone else is probably running .32. We would run on cleaner code and about 2.5 years worth of improvements. Not to mention bragging rights. You can actually tell someone "your kernel is dog shit.. .35 bitch !!!"
Is anyone working on overall UI smoothness? A few people have mentioned how much more smooth the experience is on neopeek than on XDA; any way we can incorporate whatever neo did?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development