PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I tried the reg settings - didn't work. Those just set whether the battery or clock show.
not true, I just tried it, and the icon opens the power console now. did not think that reg could be related, but it is somehow only problem is, it looks funny, I must be missing something else now...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
haha, good times, almost as real as 21314 I had the other day
is there anyway to actually tell if the build is legit? i mean, yes, we read about it on the internet and stuff like that but to actually know or something? just curious
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
is there anyway to actually tell if the build is legit? i mean, yes, we read about it on the internet and stuff like that but to actually know or something? just curious
compare to other builds is one way..
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Guys, I just posted a registry solution to the Battery settings issue in the previous page. Try that first before re-cooking everything!

As for the 7.0 speculation, guys, lighten up It may just be a dummy placeholder build before they start actual work on 7 (notice that 6.5 builds started in the 21100s, maybe 7 starts in 21300s like the two strange builds earlier).

Anyways, what do I know. Just sayin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
not true, I just tried it, and the icon opens the power console now. did not think that reg could be related, but it is somehow only problem is, it looks funny, I must be missing something else now...
I'm so freakin retarded. I had "Consistent" spelled wrong. DSI - thanks for the info. Dan - thanks for confirming it worked. You made me go double check my work.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Just add this:

Code:
; Show Power Settings when you click on battery icon
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TaskBar]
"LimitedClock"=dword:1
"ConsistentClockOrBattery"=dword:0
Someone mentioned a variation of this a few pages ago.. But these values worked for me.
I tried this on the Titan. I thought I had already posted a reply to this, but I guess not LOL.

It didn't take care of my issue. It seems as if there is actually a link missing, and I feel like is should be in the registry. If that is the case, we need to find out:

1.) What/Where is the entry supposed to be? (It should be linked to <:MSSettings> I believe.)
2.) Which RGU contains the entries for the links in the upper bar so that we don't end up with a "...not trusted..." certificate error when we cook the fix in?

--------------
Also, I went ahead and posted 21198 Beta 1.2 (Titan) over at XDA. There were a number of other things I took care of with a lot of help from other members here and at XDA. Feel free to test it out, Available RAM on the Titan is now at ~25-27 MB in High Mem mode, and ~20.7 MB in Low Memory mode.

Titan Build 21193\21195\21198

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
I tried this on the Titan. I thought I had already posted a reply to this, but I guess not LOL.

It didn't take care of my issue. It seems as if there is actually a link missing, and I feel like is should be in the registry. If that is the case, we need to find out:

1.) What/Where is the entry supposed to be? (It should be linked to <:MSSettings> I believe.)
2.) Which RGU contains the entries for the links in the upper bar so that we don't end up with a "...not trusted..." certificate error when we cook the fix in?

--------------
Also, I went ahead and posted 21198 Beta 1.2 (Titan) over at XDA. There were a number of other things I took care of with a lot of help from other members here and at XDA. Feel free to test it out, Available RAM on the Titan is now at ~25-27 MB in High Mem mode, and ~20.7 MB in Low Memory mode.

Titan Build 21193\21195\21198
I just tried that registry on my titan to verify, and it worked, but after addin those regs, it switched to clock rather than battery, so I had to fix that as well one level up from those regs is a showtitlebarclock entry which I changed to dword:0
Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

ihavenoclue is a n00b

I've uploaded the HoneyComb style start menu files from Build 21189. I prefer them over the style in the newer builds (i don't know what everyone else thinks). They just go in the Base_Lang_0804_DPI_96_RESH_240_RESV_320 folder of the SYS files. Might save someone a little bit of time...maybe

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tnm02m...Build21189.rar

Last edited by ihavenoclue; 03-30-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
I've uploaded the HoneyComb style start menu files from Build 21189. I prefer them over the style in the newer builds (i don't know what everyone else thinks). They just go in the Base_Lang_0804_DPI_96_RESH_240_RESV_320 folder of the SYS files. Might save someone a little bit of time...maybe

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tnm02m...Build21189.rar
you can also just copy them to your windows folder on your device overwriting the other .cpr files soft reset and it will work.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I tried the reg settings - didn't work. Those just set whether the battery or clock show.
It solved the issue for me though.. Hmm.. I guess your build has other issues?

EDIT: Oops, sorry, looks like you got something working now. Just play around with those two values, switching between 1 and 0, and you might get what you actually want.

Last edited by dsi76; 03-30-2009 at 11:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

ihavenoclue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuite View Post
you can also just copy them to your windows folder on your device overwriting the other .cpr files soft reset and it will work.
I forgot about that lol, thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software