PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmvirt View Post
is not a rom its a SYS folder...
i know i was wondering if he used those files when he cooked the rom or did he find those files after he already uploaded it

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Thanks for the clarification. Followed your instructions but unfortunately still the same problem. Will keep investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
Like I said, the idea is to remove Arcsoft from the cooking process and to install it via CAB. GC14 has not developed a Sprint cab yet, and the Alltel CABs are still at the point of needing further testing. But the Verizon CAB works, and there are a number of threads on PPCGeeks and XDA both that pertain to carrier specific RegEdits for SMS/MMS. But you have to install Arcsoft and then do your edits (If you are on anything but Verizon, if you are Verizon, it is as simple as installing the CAB and doing a soft reset).

Once more, GC14's idea over at XDA was to allow for any ROM that can be cooked for your device to have functioning SMS/MMS. THis is done by eliminating the Arcsoft from the ROMs all together and installing via CAB, he is working on various other carriers as we speak. Mr-free and the rest of us who have been working on Build 21159 on XDA decided this was the best, and most dependable way to get the SMS/MMS functioning properly, in fact on some of our tests, Arcsoft was the only thing working 100% correct. Thus allowing more attention to be directed to more serious issues involved in the testing process.

Go to THIS LINK over at XDA to read up on the "How's and Why's"
Old 03-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanvi93 View Post
regarding elm-06 , elm-07 elm-08 ; i have modified in shell.dll.040C.mui ,
What did you use to edit those strings? I used ResHack and changed them to Personal/System/Connections, but the 1st two strings did not show up properly (e.g. System□Con..., Personal□Sys..., Connections). Tried to hex-edit it but it looked even worse.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Question Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgexjeep2000 View Post
uummm, i tried flashing using storage card with this nbh file, but get stuck/hang at the end of the install (full progress bar) but it never finishes??? anyone else ??
Old 03-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

wiz7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Okay here is a working 21169 WWE SYS. there are some issues with it still. but notice the new PIE is in there. I included a Vouge XIP and a XIP_Out.bin that needs to be ported. I do not have time right now to port to other devices. so you have to do that. I am working on a VGA right now. But Here is also a link for the Updated files in the SYStem so maybe someone else can get it going.

QVGA 21169 SYS

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gzmzjmyzodj/21169

Updated files in 21169

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jnzti...69_Updated.rar

Here is a VGA, it is a really quick half *** 10 minute system, so there will be bugs, 1 is PIE, 2 is GFX. I gotta leave though, I will come back to this time. Until then i am sure some of you can figure it out.

21169 VGA Touch Pro Xip and XIP_OUT.bin
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jhd2yymunmn/21169_VGA.rar

Help how do I get xip into my tp?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: BELL

cdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz7 View Post
been trying to figure that out myself...
Old 03-01-2009, 04:02 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz7 View Post
XIP is for use in a kitchen.

The only thing that would transfer to your phone for ROM cooking is the RUU install. And that's done after the cooking.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: BELL

cdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
XIP is for use in a kitchen.

The only thing that would transfer to your phone for ROM cooking is the RUU install. And that's done after the cooking.
so how do I put the XIP into a kitchen?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
sweet con any update on the 21169 vga sys, o and not to be nosy but can i ask how you know the 21172 will be the final version
Lets just say a little birdy dropped by and told me a few secrets. I will have a full vga 21169 SYS up today. and a working qvga up today.

Da_G has done really all of the VGA stuff, so all credit to him. I will work on the QVGA today though.

I will also add xip for the Apache has well.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Topaz
Carrier: SFR

Chanvi93 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
What did you use to edit those strings? I used ResHack and changed them to Personal/System/Connections, but the 1st two strings did not show up properly (e.g. System□Con..., Personal□Sys..., Connections). Tried to hex-edit it but it looked even worse.
I use Restorator 2007 and i have solved keyboard in IE 8 problem , it's caused by browsres.dll.0409.mui or 040C.mui
I dont know if i can post a link with all modules modified in 0409 , if yes i will do .
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software