PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 07:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

cybersailor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

First, thanks to jd and con for all thier work.

I downloaded JD's Vogue update and here are a few items I have seen so far.

1. The keyboard isses can be resolved by changing the keyboard type to "keyboard"
2. I am unable to install any application. I always get an unsuccessful install message.
3. Active Sync will not sync. Error "there is not enough free memory on your device..."
4. Time did not sync with Sprint.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this effort.

One last thing, can some post the PPC kitchen. I am trying to learn how to build my own roms and this would be a great thanks.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison View Post
There seems to be no keyboard included with this, as well I can't seem to run the carrier customizations? Am I missing something or is this no complete.
Well this is just what con posted I did nothing els with the files, the only thing I've seen is for some reason people who have Bell as a carrier sometimes the carrier cabs do not work. If you have Bell let me know and I will build a spacific rom for you. I also noticed the soft keys both have 'contacts' shortcuts, SMS does't work again, the start menu does not use the new icons, and no honey comb I will look into it a little later, I have to go and look at a pre-school for my twin boys then go to work.
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

With this I was able to setup PPCKitchen to build up to the point where G'Reloc runs. I have seen in this thread that the "Integer Overflow" issue was addressed and I tried the solution only to get prompted by "G'Reloc (2).exe" to select a module and provide some values that appear to come from an instance of imageinfo.txt.

What am I missing or doing wrong still? If I just close that window and let the build continue, it does and I get a ROM that appears of reasonable size, but it never boots past splash screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Okay here are the file. depending on what you are using the xip are just in .bin format to help everyone, it is the base, so people can do with them what they want. The XIP are also included in this file for anyone that would want to them. and not have to download files twice.

Next thing, you are going to need a .vm from your current working SYS. Doing it this way with stuff split up, it will help more people and be easier, but if i used that .vm it wouldnt work right.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: o2 CZ

anryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to anryl Send a message via MSN to anryl

G'relock is working fine as stated here before remove few directies from sys
base_lang_0409 all browsing run g'reloc if ok add base_lang-0409 back run g'relock if ok add all browsing or just one by one and do it again till the whole sys is g'relocked fine

TY
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anryl View Post
base_lang_0409 all browsing run g'reloc if ok add base_lang-0409 back run g'relock if ok add all browsing or just one by one and do it again till the whole sys is g'relocked fine

TY
Thanks I will see if it works
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This earned me "Error building default.hv and user.hv"

Also, can you compose/reply to SMS messages?

Do you have data after setting up connection?

Quote:

TY

Last edited by rainabba; 03-20-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Yes you need to port both the system and the xip. What device do you use? If you would upload your os.nb.payload file in your rom folder, I could port the new xip to your device and upload back to you.

Alright titan users don't miss out on the action. Here is a ported xip from the unported that Con posted. It's a boot rgu and os.nb.payload folder. just replace the rom folder in your kitchen with this and cook.
I posted that xip when i didn't have 21193sys to test it on. Now I tested it and found out that even though it works it offers a program memory of less than 40mb. I have ported a new xip for the titan, tested it and it's great, uploading shortly.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
This earned me "Error building default.hv and user.hv"

Also, can you compose/reply to SMS messages?

Do you have data after setting up connection?
Because of the Hive errors (build reporting that XXXX does not contain .rgu file even though it's clearly there), I've had to delete the following modules from COMMON:

AdobeFlashCodecs
ADC
CommonNonEA
WinCENLS_WWE
INTERNETSHARING
Bluetooth
Phone

These from SYS_96DPI:
Bluetooth_Lang_0409
<<<ABORT!!!!>>>

Last edited by rainabba; 03-20-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

Quote:

TY
.. and WMReloc 1.04 produces working 21176 and 21193 builds too (for the i780) without the need for removing the above mentioned folders
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiax3 View Post
.. and WMReloc 1.04 produces working 21176 and 21193 builds too (for the i780) without the need for removing the above mentioned folders
Where can I get WMReloc 1.04 and how would I know it's 1.04? Help, About doesn't show minor build numbers for the versions I do have and File Properties, Details doesn't show any version numbers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software